Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 11:15:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
And the Messed up thing about it is the kids that will be doing drugs aren't the ones wanting to participate in After school activities.

They tried pulling this on my son and I am in a big fight with them right now. I refuse to allow my son to be tested. I told them if I thought there was anything wrong I would know and take care of it. All he wants to do is learn to play Basketball better and you want to drug test him.

They gave me that speech about mostly Steroid use. Then the BS about how would I know most parents don't realize when their kids are doing drugs. I told them yea they are right but I'm a recovering addict. That my son has sat in NA and AA meetings with me. That he went through mush more of a drug awareness program that you will ever have.

I told them a Lawyer will be in touch with them and left it at that. Now this A-Hole who treats women like Crap decides Drug testing is how to tract the good kids. More of our tax money going to another worthless Venture
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And the Messed up thing about it is the kids that will be doing drugs aren't the ones wanting to participate in After school activities.

They tried pulling this on my son and I am in a big fight with them right now. I refuse to allow my son to be tested. I told them if I thought there was anything wrong I would know and take care of it. All he wants to do is learn to play Basketball better and you want to drug test him.

They gave me that speech about mostly Steroid use. Then the BS about how would I know most parents don't realize when their kids are doing drugs. I told them yea they are right but I'm a recovering addict. That my son has sat in NA and AA meetings with me. That he went through mush more of a drug awareness program that you will ever have.

I told them a Lawyer will be in touch with them and left it at that.
View Quote

You are so so so so wrong it's not even funny.

Your kid sits in on NA & AA meetings? So what? Have you not realized kids have this "won't happen to me, I can control it" mentality?

Steroids BS? Not hardly. Ask the ballplayers who've had physical aliments from steroids when they started? A lot will tell you high school.

Most kids who do drugs won't play sports? Another laugh. You know how many NBA players smoke pot? You think the "urban" kids aren't aware or involved in the "it won't hurt me, it's only pot" thing?

Had I your background & was involved in NA & AA, I'd have my kid be the first one in line to be tested to show how I had my life turned around & that my kid was clean.

You want to wail & run & get a lawyer because they hurt your precious feelings, go right ahead. You'll waste your money, your time & show your kid it's ok to try to hide illegal drug use & play sports too.

Let the flames begin.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#4]
WASHINGTON, June 27 — The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that local municipalities can require random house searches of citizens who take part in firearms related activities.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you guys are way outta touch.I graduated in '88' in a small town (400-500 students 9-12)that was a great place to grow up.The kinda place were you might not know everybody,but you knew who they are and everybody knew everyone elses business.

Sure there are the obvious longhair,stoner types,but I don't know how you can grow up in this country without at least experimenting or casually using in HS/college.

People in sports don't take drugs?The jocks in my school were some of the biggest partiers around(these guys organized the partys,who else?the nerds?) and wherever there is booze someone brings some dope.Don't think kids won't try alittle weed in these situations,and more than once if it makes them feel good.I saw many a clean cut all-american boy smoke a pipe now and then and sucking beers more often than not.Its what young ,soon to be adults do,explore different adult experiences for themselves reguardless of what their parents have told them.

Someone said he'd know if his kid had done anything?Come on!Unless your with him 24/7 its impossible.All these kids aren't full blown heroin addicts,so how are you gonna know if they've experimented or not.

Think back,kids this age are experts at white lies or casually blowing off their parents(parental pride has alot to do with this)how else did you get by living threw adolesence?By telling your parentts everything you did and experimented with?

I work at a job with other highschool part timers and the athletes tell me that damn near everyone uses that ANDRO crap,not to mention several people they know use steroids.I believe this type of performance enhancing drug use is much more prevalent today.I don't remember hearing any rumors back in the day.

I'm not for allout testing of every single student without cause,but i believe there is a place for it in certain circumstances.

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Bah.  I'll post on BOTH THEN!

(Bob Cole)

Most kids who do drugs won't play sports? Another laugh. You know how many NBA players smoke pot? You think the "urban" kids aren't aware or involved in the "it won't hurt me, it's only pot" thing?
View Quote

It won't hurt you, It's pot.  In fact, Marijuana can be used by people with Asthma to help open their breathing channels.  Hey, I once knew a 50 year old marijuana user.  He took it because he was dieing of liver failure and couldn't eat.  He didn't want to die in a hospital with a tube shoved down his throat so he smoked some Ganja to stimulate his appetite (also refered to as the munchies).  It kept him out of the hospital and at home with his wife, where he should be.  Are there other drugs that would have had the same effect?  No.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you know you are going to get flamed for making such ridiculous comments, why make them?

If you think their school should drug test your kids, YOU SUCK AS A PARENT...

Know what your kids are doing, ask questions, pay attention.  Its not hard to tell dope smokers, steroid users, crack heads, or paint huffers!!  Dont put the responsibility for your childs actions on someone else.
View Quote

You conveniently overlook OTHER KIDS!!! Not everyone's parents are as diligent or as interested as you are. I wouldn't want some kid whacked out on steroids on my old school's wrestling team. I wouldn't want some kid who uses "X" on the football team.

As for me "sucking", my girlfriend says I do very nicely, thankyouverymuch. Or you could ask your Mother?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bah.  I'll post on BOTH THEN!

It won't hurt you, It's pot.  In fact, Marijuana can be used by people with Asthma to help open their breathing channels.  Hey, I once knew a 50 year old marijuana user.  He took it because he was dieing of liver failure and couldn't eat.  He didn't want to die in a hospital with a tube shoved down his throat so he smoked some Ganja to stimulate his appetite (also refered to as the munchies).  It kept him out of the hospital and at home with his wife, where he should be.  Are there other drugs that would have had the same effect?  No.
View Quote

No arguement on any of that. But **kids** are indeed a different situation, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you know you are going to get flamed for making such ridiculous comments, why make them?
View Quote

You conveniently overlook OTHER KIDS!!! Not everyone's parents are as diligent or as interested as you are. [red]I wouldn't want some kid whacked out on steroids on my old school's wrestling team.[/red] I wouldn't want some kid who uses "X" on the football team.
View Quote

Uh . . . I think the red part just about says it all. [:D]
As for me "sucking", my girlfriend says I do very nicely, thankyouverymuch. Or you could ask your Mother?
View Quote

Your girlfriend has a dick?? [puke]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#13]
No way pot is good for asthma. THC may be but if you have asthma just about any smoke will sieze you up.Don't be spreading dumbass stories about that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I told them a Lawyer will be in touch with them and left it at that. Now this A-Hole who treats women like Crap decides Drug testing is how to tract the good kids. More of our tax money going to another worthless Venture
View Quote

Dude I agree that we shouldn't be random testing kids (it conditions them to .gov intrusion before they know what the Constitution is about is the real reason it is wrong), but I respectfully disagree with your reasons (not MY kid!).  Don't be so hooked into your beliefs in your son that you close your mind to the possibilities.  That's what the libs do.  You owe it to your son to always stay open minded, analytical, and considerate in your approach to him, rather than ASS-U-ME that he will learn YOUR lessons.  Kids have to learn for themselves, more often than not.  Do you remember being that age?  How invincible you thought you were?  I know I did.  I suggest you fight it on the grounds of intrusion of privacy rather than "not MY kid".

My humble $.02.  Take care.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
When I was in high school (1977-1980), everyone smoked pot, including the football team, track team (if you can believe it), wrestlers, swimmers, jazz dance girls, band, you name it. Perhaps things have changed since Styx and Led Zeppelin were popular, but that's the way it was.

Just to drop a name, I was very good friends with Tom Bass (now known as Tommy Lee of Motley Crue fame) in high school and that guy never did drugs.

So, there's no telling what the future can hold.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, just what a person having an asthma attack needs, a nice long bong hit??!!

You tryin to kill somebody NsfJojo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top