Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:09:31 PM EDT
Well after having been a satisfied customer in the past I guess its like the stockbroker line about how past performance should be no indication of future performance. About 6 weeks ago I bought 1000rds and recieved it no problem and earlier made other snag-free buys. A couple of weeks ago I made this order:

PRINT THIS FOR YOUR RECORDS!

This is your CONFIRMATION COPY of your order at AMMOMAN.COM, If you see any
errors please e-mail eric@ammoman.com IMMEDIATELY with the problem or feel free
to call us at the numbers listed on the website

Once again Thank You for your ORDER..
Eric, John, Rob, Casey, Tyler, Steven, & Bambi
(The AMMOMAN TEAM)
Order Number : 63697
Placed : 02/04/2006 20:49:11 Eastern Daylight Time
Code Name Quantity Price/Ea.
Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
308-NAT/500 500/308 NATO LAKE 7.62x51 1 $159.00
$159.00
223-9264 1000-223 RUSS 62GR. FMJ 20RD/BX NC WLF 1 $149.00
$149.00
223-RTT-100 100/Ea-223 Red Tip TRACERS by TALON 1 $45.00
$45.00
Shipping: FREE SHIPPING:
$0.00
Sales Tax:
$0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total:
$353.00

Not a huge order but a paid one. Got my shipping cofirmation the next day. Nothing abnormal like a mention of anything on backorder. 2 boxes arrived on last friday but no .308. I emailed him inquiring about the .308:

To: <eric@ammoman.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:24 AM
Subject: RE: CONFIRMATION of your order at AMMOMAN.COM

Hey folks,
"What is up with the .308 on this order? "
Thanks

Got this email back: "NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR DELIVERY IN ONE WEEK ! "
----- Original Message -----

Sent this one:
"Hello Folks,
I don't know what your email is supposed to mean but its probably an "auto response" thing.
Anyway, just wondering what the deal is with my .308? It didn't arrive last week with the rest of the order and the tracking # says that only 2 packages went out?
Thanks "

Got this one back:
"NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR DELIVERY IN ONE WEEK !
That meant that we are taking advance orders to be delivered the minute the ammo gets here.
Feel free to cancel on demand.
Thanks
Ammoman.com "

Nevermind that I had ALREADY ordered AND paid and there was no mention of backorder on the site or in the confirmation. (Site is NOW updated)

Sent this one:
"So you are saying that the .308 is on backorder then? Your site didn't say you were out when I placed the order and you never mentioned anything about backorder when you sent my confirmation info either.
Livefree"

Hey, like most people I don't want to order something that isn't available when other places can actually fill my order or tell me right up front that its on backorder.

So in response I get this:
"Absolute nonsense.
That was posted the minute we added the item.
We are refunding your money right away and please do not reorder.
Ammoman"

So he had charged my card for .308 that he did not have, and there was never a mention of backorder until I followed up twice. The .308 was never "added" but was part of the order all along.
Because I inquired about the status of my PAID order, it was cancelled and I am no longer welcome as a customer. No response to my last email asking him if he had actually reviewed my order to see that I was right.
Some great customer service there. Your mileage may vary but then again your turn may be next.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:14:02 PM EDT by eddiein1984]
hmm, charging your card for merchandise that doesn't exist. A sure sign that a business is about to go tits up.

By the way, you paid $149 shipped for WOLF?!? Last I ordered from Sportsman's Guide, it was $112 delivered.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:14:43 PM EDT
The one time I emailed regarding availability of something from this vendor, I got attitude back as well.

Glad I order elsewhere. Besides, I can usually beat his price, even including shipping.

SG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:14 PM EDT
I haven't ordered anything from them in months. They don't seem to have anything good anymore.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:50 PM EDT
I've only ordered a few things from him but it's too bad to hear a long time seller having issues.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:56 PM EDT
what a jerkoff

that's the last time i'll order from that guy

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:16:31 PM EDT
I've ordered a lot of 5.56 and 223 from them, but I'm afraid thats about to change.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:17:03 PM EDT
what about that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:17:03 PM EDT
I probably paid too much for the Wolf but wanted to place 1 order and be done. I had already ordered from him in the past and thought I was going with a "known".
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:17:41 PM EDT
IBTS (In Before The Sycophants)

Never been impressed with the price, service, or attitude there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:18:50 PM EDT
Seems like they have an attitude problem, same type of experience here
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:18:55 PM EDT
Damn, sorry to hear that. I've never had a problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:19:54 PM EDT
I'm surprised that so many are willing to give up on a good vendor for one customer service blunder. Maybe Bambi was PMSing. BTW, I've never had a business dealing with ammoman.com
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:20:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:20:56 PM EDT by blacklisted]
This is some high level douchery.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:20:08 PM EDT

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some pistol ammo and there was no problem. Got the ammo right away.

Ammoman going under? What's that line of logic?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:20:26 PM EDT
That sucks.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:22:01 PM EDT
I will be sure to stay away from them and I will let my buds all know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:22:23 PM EDT
I've had problems, friends of mine have had problems, I only order from a guy that most of the H-crew orders from, ammo to go
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:22:25 PM EDT
Ammoman is a reliable seller and should be here to defend himself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:26:00 PM EDT by livefree]
Well it was my first problem with him but my last as well. Just trying to make others aware of the potential problems too. Kind of like "Botach" and their selling without mentioning a backorder. I'm sure he'll be along but he already had an opportunity to make it right. He chose to terminate me as a customer instead.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:23:45 PM EDT
I've ordered ammo from him at least 5 or 6 times, probably more and it gets here quicker than almost any other vendor that I deal with. He's always answered my e-mails in less than 24 hours with actual answers to my questions.

Sorry to hear that you've had such a bad time with this order though. It's funny how one bad order to one customer can really mushroom.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:24:02 PM EDT
I've used them twice, and even got free ammo once. They were nice.

I just don't get that last response. It's not like you were rude or anything.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:25:53 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure not to order from them. Better to find out here and now than the hard way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:27:48 PM EDT
probably safer to buy it at the gunshow, cash & carry , plus no paper trail
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:28:42 PM EDT by samsong]
Why is it that everybody in the gun sales community feels compelled to treat their customers like they are a bunch of dumbass illegals looking for free money and blowjobs?

Since dumbass customers are what you get in every kind of retail, the Gun Industry people should not have a materially different experience than would anybody else. Only the Gun Industry treats them so badly that it makes me shake my head.

Now Livefree, you were clearly NOT a dumbass customer, so I have NO IDEA why he was rude to you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:29:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
I've used them twice, and even got free ammo once. They were nice.

I just don't get that last response. It's not like you were rude or anything.

Thats what my wife said too. She thought he might be having a bad day but I sent him one last one asking if he had actually looked at my confirmation etc. and he never replied at all. He's washed his hands of the thing and he's the one who made the error.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:32:10 PM EDT
Thanks, I know what you mean and if he had only said sorry about the mix up, that would've been enough. Like they say in the south "Now he showed his ass".

Originally Posted By samsong:
Why is it that everybody in the gun sales community feels compelled to treat their customers like they are a bunch of dumbass illegals looking for free money and blowjobs?

Since dumbass customers are what you get in every kind of retail, the Gun Industry people should not have a materially different experience than would anybody else. Only the Gun Industry treats them so badly that it makes me shake my head.

Now Livefree, you were clearly NOT a dumbass customer, so I have NO IDEA why he was rude to you.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:38:30 PM EDT by leelaw]
WTF? This thread has gone from one valid, poor experience to several speculations and terrible generalizations; from "they're going under" to "why do firearm-related salespeople eat the big wang?" and on and on..

I'll bet good money this is the exception, and not the rule. If you want to complain about prices, go right ahead and shop around - but using a single, specific, complaint as a springboard to business bashing and poor generalizations is bad form.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:37:55 PM EDT
I think some past customer(s) should email Ammoman this thread link and see how they respond to it. There are some serious trust issues with them now and it would appear-from the outside looking in-that they indeed are in trouble.

That's a horrible way to run a business.

HH
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:40:39 PM EDT by LoginName]
It's not his fault... blame it on the UN ammo imbargo and the war in Iraq.

In 5 years or less... y'all better take up reloading unless you want to spend $10.00 for a 20 round box of Wolf 7.62x39.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:42:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
Ammoman is a reliable seller and should be here to defend himself.

I've had nothing but good experiences with his company. Having said that, this is disturbing news.

Another popular vendor did the exact same thing to me as was posted here (charged me for an item that was on backorder *not mentioned when I was purchasing however* and after three months I cancelled the order and got a refund). I will refrain from naming the vendor, but I never ordered from him again.

I hope somebody at Ammoman.com responds to this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:45:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
WTF? This thread has gone from one valid, poor experience to several speculations and terrible generalizations; from "they're going under" to "why do firearm-related salespeople eat the big wang?" and on and on..

I'll bet good money this is the exception, and not the rule. If you want to complain about prices, go right ahead and shop around - but using a single, specific, complaint as a springboard to business bashing and poor generalizations is bad form.

In retail, reputation is everything! It only takes one "bad" experience to spread a bad reputation. I would like to hear both sides of the deal, but if Free's story is even remotely close to the truth, and I don't think there is any reason not to believe him, there are many here who will think twice about doing buisness there. That's just the way it is. Customer service is THE ONLY thing!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:47:08 PM EDT
I've purchased from them several times. They ship fast and there was never a problem. If there was a continuous problem like this I would have phoned them and talked to the owner.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:49:33 PM EDT
ARCHIVE
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:49:52 PM EDT
Hmm... No Soup for You!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 5:51:49 PM EDT by kingfish]

Originally Posted By LoginName:
It's not his fault... blame it on the UN ammo blockade and the war in Iraq.In 5 years or less... y'all better take up reloading unless you want to spend $10.00 for a 20 round box of Wolf 7.62x39.

Yea, why don't we blame Bush for Ammomans crappy customer service too ?
I used to order from him until he acted like he was doing me a favor. Rude, snobby attitude and cheaper ammo prices from his competition (AIM, Ammunitionstore.com, etc) made me an ex-customer .
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:53:48 PM EDT
It's simply typical of the gun industry in general. Sorry to hear of your experience.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:53:54 PM EDT
Ha! I'll just have to find .308 soup somewhere else.

Originally Posted By SkiShooter:
Hmm... No Soup for You!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:54:47 PM EDT
Eric's attitude was the reason I left this site 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:06 PM EDT
I work as a CSR (not for ammoman), and if my supervisor ever found out I treated a customer in that manner, or any manner other than polite and proffesional, I would be fired, no ifs, ands, or buts. That is completely unacceptable, and poor service.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:57:43 PM EDT

I have ordered a couple of times and never had any problem.

Sorry you did.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By THellURider:
It's simply typical of the gun industry in general. Sorry to hear of your experience.

Damn right, typical

I have been on his email list and checked his site, however nothing about his opperation ever gets me interested in ordering. I use midway usa or cabelas, better prices in general and FAR better customer service.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:22 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:35 PM EDT
Another similiar experience I had was with Natchez Sportsmens' Supply. Over the last four years I probably ordered $1,000-$1,500 worth of ammo and stuff each year. All went pretty well. Last summer I ordered some ammo that I had ordered before (Lake City 5.56mm XM193) and when I got it, it was "PD" ammo that was loose in bags.

They pulled a switch-a-roo on me and I never ordered from them again.

I went to Ammoman.com...now we hear about this.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Collin:
I'm surprised that so many are willing to give up on a good vendor for one customer service blunder. Maybe Bambi was PMSing. BTW, I've never had a business dealing with ammoman.com

Looks like the vendor was willing to give up a customer over their own blunder. Dont matter to me, I buy all my ammo locally and suport my local shop whenever possible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:39 PM EDT
Tagged for Ammoman's response.

Does he post as "Ammoman"?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:44 PM EDT
I generally have had great service from Eric. The ammo always comes well rapped and on time.

The only bad order I had was about a year ago when I ordered some black teflon AR15 mags. They sent me the power-coated gray ones instead. I called Eric up and, instead of saying "no problem these things happen", he said "did you just order the wrong ones, my people never make a mistake like this." So I sent him the email confirmation showing that had ordered the black ones and straightened his ass out real quick. They sent me a replacement shipment of black mags and a shipping label to return the gray ones. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:07:52 PM EDT
I have always had good experiences dealing with Ammoman but now nothing on the site moves me to order.
Much better deals out there right now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:04 PM EDT

I've never had a problem with Ammoman. Ordered a lot of .223 but none real recently.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:13 PM EDT
Tag

I have ordered from them with no problems, had the ammo the next day at my door.
I do not agree with a company charging your card if the company is out of stock of the item
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:32 PM EDT
I do not understand why one would treat a customer with this attitude. I had some questions with another ammo supplier, called them and spent at least 10-15 minutes chatting with one of the reps. He said if I had ANY problems with the ammo in question to please contact them and they would "do me right". Nice, polite, friendly, and helpful. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them in the past and will spend multiple thousands in the future partially because of the good prices and partially because of their politeness and fast shipping and such.

If I wanted an attitude, I'd contact my ex wife. Answering a valid question is part of being a good business owner or employee.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Top Top