Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2001 8:02:24 AM EDT
Anyhone ever try this???
I was at my local range (indoor) the other day and a fellow in the lane next to me unwrapped an AR-15 that was different than anything I had ever seen. He had installed an AK style muzzle brake with a rubber hose and two hose clamps.  
[:o]  I tried to warn him against shooting the thing but he said he wanted to try out the brake before having it permaentaly installed. [;d]
He fired it and then looked back at me ( I had moved a good ways aback from him). He just smiled and then fired again.  [:)] This time it sounded different and the muzzle brake was gone. It went down range tearing his target off the mount and causing a lot of sparkes at the end of the range.  Since I was the only other one shooting in that section, he ask me to hold fire while he went down range to find it.  It was still in one piece, but grossly deformed, the bullet having hit the outside of the forward bore.  These kind of guys really give shooting a good name. NOT! [b)]  [b)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If you ever see a person of questionable intelligence with a firearm in their hands, politely excuse yourself and run like hell in the other direction!  
That guy is a MORON!
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
What an idiot!!!!

Next time tell him to use subsonic ammo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Man, this guys is a dolt!  Hasn't anyone ever explained to him the prefered method of temporarily attaching a muzzlebreak...... the "paperclip and rubberband method?  Sheesh!
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
even my mother would have known better than that. and she doesn't even know what an ar15 is.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
no laws banning stupid people from owning firearms.mmk
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
what a dumbazz.
rule #1 in my book, stay away from idiots that don't have a clue what they're doing with firearms, especially if they "won't listen".
mmk, you are right.

colt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My local range has a 100 yd indoor rifle range.  Several months ago, I was there one morning trying out some new loads in my 308 PSS.  Some dude walks to the lane two down from me, gets out an AK and slaps in a 30 round clip.  He does not bother to send a target downrange, but instead starts hammering away.  I did not notice his first two shots as I was busy shooting, but I did notice shots 3,4, and 5 send sparks fly the side of the concrete wall about 50 feet down.   The guy quits, cases his rifle and leaves.  About 15 minutes later he returns.  Slaps another 30 rounder in the rifle and starts shooting.  This time I stepped away from the line.  All three shots hit either the floor or the wall about 10 feet away and sparks went everywhere.  He then left and never came back.  What a doke.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]
The AK dude was right up there with the other dumba$$ that shot some 30-06 AP rounds through the backstop at the range.  I don't know if he has ever been caught.  There are some pretty "to the point" signs around the range now though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top