User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/23/2008 9:06:00 AM EDT
http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/?p=222

Anti kids shooting website
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#1]
This kind of activity needs to be exposed and outlawed immediately.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#2]
More like a circle jerk website.

All false information

"with 270 million guns, the US is facing a GUN CRISIS"

tards.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#3]
me and the girls are going squirrel hunting when I get off at lunch tomorrow

fuck freedomstatealliance
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
They don't look very well organized or funded.

Pretty lame website.  Just a collection of YouTube vids with "OMG, Sky is falling!" commentary.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

All false information

tards.

They're right.

That leaves about 30 million people without guns.

We must take action.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All false information

tards.

They're right.

We must take action.

And even then, we need to make sure everybody has at least an AR, an AK, and a pistol.

We need 630 million guns, stat!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/?p=222

Anti kids shooting website

freedomstatesalliance  WTF???  Freedom from what logic?
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And even then, we need to make sure everybody has at least an AR, an AK, and a pistol.

Like where your head's at, but it should be 1 AR per person and 1 SAW per household.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Also, supposedly in the last 40 years there have been between 5-8 million guns sold per year.

That is roughly 240 MILLION.  Of course some of these are transfers, but if you think about it, add to that how many guns from 1914 to 1968 were sold in the US.

I think the number is probably over 300 million guns in the US.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like where your head's at, but it should be 1 AR per person and 1 SAW per household.

True but dad also needs a ATGM.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yaaa another group of people for me to email

What a bunch of shite.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I took my daughter out yesterday and she shot the 6mm Remington 700 with 85 grain Barnes TSX.  Her 3 shot group at 100 yards could be covered with a quarter and was in the center of the target.

She is going on a Deer Hunt 12-26 and 27 and she was getting ready.  I think the deer is in big trouble!

She has been shooting for about 7 or 8 years and is 14.  She owns 3 guns herself and has for several years.  A Remington 11-87 20 gauge
A Winchester 1300 Youth 20 gauge and a
Ruger 10-22.

Her first Pheasant hunt a month ago was great!  She got 2 Pheasant and we had them for Thanksgiving.

Oh the NOES!!!!!!!!!
Kids with Guns............  Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#13]
When I have a son (or daughter) they are going to learn to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I took my daughter out yesterday and she shot the 6mm Remington 700 with 85 grain Barnes TSX.  Her 3 shot group at 100 yards could be covered with a quarter and was in the center of the target.

She is going on a Deer Hunt 12-26 and 27 and she was getting ready.  I think the deer is in big trouble!

She has been shooting for about 7 or 8 years and is 14.  She owns 3 guns herself and has for several years.  A Remington 11-87 20 gauge
Ruger 10-22.

Her first Pheasant hunt a month ago was great!  She got 2 Pheasant and we had them for Thanksgiving.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/sum-rifle/DSCN1261.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/sum-rifle/DSCN1260.jpg

Oh the NOES!!!!!!!!!

Let me ask you one simple question:  How safe would you say your daughter is around firearms? ( I think I know the answer )  Do you think she is more safety oriented than an untrained person of her age?  ( I think I know the answer )  So this familiarity with firearms has enhanced her ( and our ) safety.  Sounds like a good thing to me.  Anti-gun commie scum don't seem to get that.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruger 10-22.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/sum-rifle/DSCN1261.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/sum-rifle/DSCN1260.jpg

Oh the NOES!!!!!!!!!

Let me ask you one simple question:  How safe would you say your daughter is around firearms? ( I think I know the answer )  Do you think she is more safety oriented than an untrained person of her age?  ( I think I know the answer )  So this familiarity with firearms has enhanced her ( and our ) safety.  Sounds like a good thing to me.  Anti-gun commie scum don't seem to get that.

She is very safe and responsible around firearms.  She has been around guns her entire life.  She started going Dove hunting with mew at around 3 years to pick up my birds.  Went Deer hunting with me and my wife at around 8 and was a good deer spotter.  Started shooting at around 7 or 8 and was not only a good shot but very safe.

She took Hunter Education when she was 11 and passed the class easily scoring a 92 I believe.  She took a "Junior Rifle" Class when she was 12 and excelled.  It consisted of an 8 hour class on Saturday, an 8 hour class and Range session the next day then 4 hours of shooting once a month (second Saturday of the month 0800-1200) for 5 months.

She earned "rocker" patches as she shot better and better. It was only .22 rifles but safety was paramount and there were some really good NRA certified Instructors teaching the kids the proper techniques to shoot well and of course be safe.

The year she passed Hunter Education she did not want to hunt.  Last year I asked and she did not want to hunt.  She is a musician and is very busy with school and music.

This year she is a Freshman in High School.  I asked about a Deer Hunt and she said, "OK".  I was so happy I was floating on air!  I got her a license and deer tag.  Applied for the hunt as well as a couple other Pheasant and Turkey hunts.

Well she was drawn for 4 hunts.  The Wild Turkey Guided Hunt she missed because she had Pneumonia.  She made the Pheasant Hunt and got two birds.  She missed a recent Pheasant Hunt because it was on a Sunday and she was playing Christmas music in one of the services.  Now we are 3 days away from her Deer Hunt and we are both pretty excited.  She shot well yesterday as usual and she is ready for the hunt.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Screw that- I have a 3 month old granddaughter- my first grandkid- and I already bought her a pink Cricket. I plan on making her a shooting buddy just as soon as she is old enough to begin teaching how to shoot.

Grandpa will be very happy if 21 years from now she gets her CCW- I'll buy her whatever carry gun she wants.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#17]
"Don't teach your kids to shoot."

Teach them to shoot safely.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

it should be 1 AR per person and 1 SAW per household.

I like your style.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I trust my kids with guns more than I trust most adults!
I've been leaving one in his own shooting land since the age of FIVE, while I assist other shooters.
These kids were raised using/around guns and safety is ingrained in them.
They often point out/correct unsafe actions by adults.

I myself received my first handgun at the age of twelve. Growing up around guns removed the "forbidden fruit" mentality that so many kids have.
I knew, as do my kids, that they can handle/use any gun, WITH my permission, and supervision.

This results in SAFER kids.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#20]

They would prefer every boy with a dick in their mouth instead !!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#21]
First time I went shooting I was 5.

I learned to field strip an M1 Carbine at age 9 or 10 for fun, and my dad taught me to do it blindfolded.

Screw this sham organization "Free states alliance" ... and everyone –– keep your heads up for crap like this.

The antis like to wrap their inanity in things that seem totally innocuous to get unsuspecting Joe Average to look at it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#22]
We really need to get gun owners to stop posting shit on Youtube.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This kind of activity needs to be exposed and outlawed immediately.

I dare anyone to try it....
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Come take them.

Bring lunch.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why?

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because of shit like this. Look at that page. It's got half a dozen video examples of kids and machine guns that the antis are touting as tragedies waiting to happen. Never do anything in the presence of a camera that you don't want someone to distort and use to attack you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because it can be used against us..........like that site did.

ETA: Example:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZf-IV83fkg  Watch the whole thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#28]
These are people who think you should teach kindergarteners about sex because if they don't know about it then they'll get distorted information from other kids (and they don't teach abstinence because, well, liberals just like to fuck because it feels good.).

And yet it's bad to teach kids gun safety, to familiarize them with firearms, and to remove the mystery and forbidden appeal of guns that causes them to sneak in to play with dad's gun when he's not home.

It's just more bullshit so they can continue their campaign of utterly removing guns from our culture and making them completely alien so people buy into the lies and propaganda about them.

Just like when that UK police department got criticized for letting children handle unloaded MP5's with supervision; the media was worried the police would "glamorize guns".
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Freedom States Alliance is heavily funded by the Joyce Foundation, which Barack Obama sat on the board of for 8 years. I wonder how many times he voted present there.

Anyone still think he is not coming after guns?
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I will be teaching my nephews to butt-stroke hippies in the face.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yaaa another group of people for me to email

What a bunch of shite.

Very long email sent

"I would like to thank you. I have been looking for a site that had absolutely no idea what the hell they were talking about. Almost every single "fact" on your site is complete bullshit. Your brand of "The sky is falling" BS is just the newest in a long line of douchebaggery. Thank you for giving me a new target for my unrelenting animosity. The real fact is that those parents that teach there children about the safe handling of fire arms are less likely to suffer a tragic loss of a child than those that keep guns a mystery. Human beings want what they cant have, what they are told not to want, what is mysterious and unknown. This is a fact. Parents cannot control whether their children ever are around a gun. If not in their own house than in the houses of their friends, there are guns in many houses. The control comes when you know that your child knows the SAFE way to handle a gun. My house was filled with guns. My Step Father was a gun-smith. We were taught the SAFE way to handle weapons. Out of 3 of us there was not one single incident in Many Many Many years of being around these "evil instruments of death". My brother and I then took that knowledge of fire arms and went into the military to defend your right to spew the nonsense that you do. I will, when I have children, teach every one of them, boy or girl, how to shoot and the correct way to handle weapons. You and your site could make a difference if you didn't focus on "Guns are Evil" and instead be a source of information to help parents educate their children and keep them alive as a result. As it is your site will lead to more deaths than anything. By promoting ignorance YOU WILL KILL CHILDREN. Thus, you will have my animosity and disgust until you show some sense and change."  

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Think about it. While you are taking your kids to swimming or soccer, these kids–encouraged by their parents and other trusted adults–are blasting away at their target.

Yeah, like no one has ever died at a Soccer game or in a Swmining pool

The main reason kids drown in a pool is the same reason they are killed by firearms....lack of education. Now I'll admit, handing some kid a full auto Micro UZI is not sound judgement, I believe people should teach their kids firearm safety...including hands on training. My son shows no interrest in firearms with is fine with me. You either like them or you don't. But I spend a lot of time educating him about firearms just incase. He is only 6yrs old and I trust him around firearms more than his friends and even some people.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#33]
The Left knew long ago that controlling the minds of the young is done through controlling the dialogue and the information. Children are exposed to a monopoly of thought in education, entertainment, and politics.

The Left knows that to sway public opinion against the Civil Right of citizen gun ownership, the chain of firearms tradition, possession, and knowledge must be broken.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#34]
By age 7 my kids will have an AR15 with a .22 upper, or a WASR 22.

At age 9 I will give them a .223 upper and a Sig Mosquito or one of my .22 pistols.

At age 13 I will give my kids a M1911A1.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your style.

I want one assault rifle (the real deal, full-auto, not what the fifth column calls 'assault' rifles), one handgun, one light machine gun or general-purpose machine gun, a dozen hand grenades, one shotgun, one scoped bolt-action or semi-auto rifle, and either an RPG or a Stinger SAM per adult, per household.

Minimum.

Schools should have gun safety and marksmanship in PE. High schools should have at least two non-consecutive semesters where PE teaches paramilitary skills (like the Boy Scouts, but with a focus on combat.). Colleges should have more advanced courses, most of which will be optional but the most basic will be a requirement of most degrees in order to graduate.

Further, there should be no NFA. Machine guns, SBR's/SBS', AOW's, DD's, silencers, etc. would be completely unregulated. There would be no background check when purchasing a firearm (silencers don't count as firearms either), merely a glance at your ID to prove you're over 18. No waiting until age 21 bullshit. Anyone who should not be allowed to own a gun should either be in prison and not released (assuming they aren't executed) or committed to a mental institution, depending on what disqualifies them. No registration or paper trail either.

Concealed and open carry should be legal and unlicensed in all locations and venues. This applies to handguns, longarms, grenades, whatever.

Artillery, tanks, combat aircraft, and armored personnel carriers should be for sale on lots and with live weaponry. The military should be able to unload any surplus ammunition, weapons, or vehicles on the civilian market as they see fit. Only classified equipment that is vital to national security should be restricted, and once it is considered obsolete should be available for civilian purchase.

No greater punishment for using a certain weapon to commit a crime; we're punishing the crime, not the inanimate object they used during the commission of it. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand.

The only restrictions to weaponry should be safety oriented (you can't fire off your gun in city limits just because, for instance.) or up to the discretion of private property owners (Wal-Mart can ask you to leave if you go in with an FAL slung over your shoulder, or insist that you unload the grenade launcher while you're in the store.).

The ONLY restrictions to weaponry should be:

chemical weapons. Civilians can own less-lethal chems (like CS) without any issue, but deadly chems must either be subject to restrictions (safe storage requirements) or banned entirely. They can only be banned if the government/military is ALSO banned from using them.

Ditto for biological weapons. Too dangeorus for the military to possess, too dangerous for civilians. Useless for preventing crime, fending off foreign invaders, or overthrowing a despotic government and therefore not covered by the 2nd Amendment.

Nukes. They don't really need to be outlawed since the only people who could buy one would be Bill Gates or someone like that, and why would they want one? Iran, an oil-rich country, has been trying for years and get a nuke we built in 1945. What are the odds your neighbor is going to get his hands on a tactical nuke and know how to maintain and operate it? Plus, again, not useful for preventing crime, fending off foreign invaders, or overthrowing a despotic government (except for short-range tactical nukes, and that's iffy). No problem with the military owning them if they aren't verboten for civvies, just too expensive and too big a hassle for anyone to bother with.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your style.

I want one assault rifle (the real deal, full-auto, not what the fifth column calls 'assault' rifles), one handgun, one light machine gun or general-purpose machine gun, a dozen hand grenades, one shotgun, one scoped bolt-action or semi-auto rifle, and either an RPG or a Stinger SAM per adult, per household.

Minimum.

Schools should have gun safety and marksmanship in PE. High schools should have at least two non-consecutive semesters where PE teaches paramilitary skills (like the Boy Scouts, but with a focus on combat.). Colleges should have more advanced courses, most of which will be optional but the most basic will be a requirement of most degrees in order to graduate.

Further, there should be no NFA. Machine guns, SBR's/SBS', AOW's, DD's, silencers, etc. would be completely unregulated. There would be no background check when purchasing a firearm (silencers don't count as firearms either), merely a glance at your ID to prove you're over 18. No waiting until age 21 bullshit. Anyone who should not be allowed to own a gun should either be in prison and not released (assuming they aren't executed) or committed to a mental institution, depending on what disqualifies them. No registration or paper trail either.

Concealed and open carry should be legal and unlicensed in all locations and venues. This applies to handguns, longarms, grenades, whatever.

Artillery, tanks, combat aircraft, and armored personnel carriers should be for sale on lots and with live weaponry. The military should be able to unload any surplus ammunition, weapons, or vehicles on the civilian market as they see fit. Only classified equipment that is vital to national security should be restricted, and once it is considered obsolete should be available for civilian purchase.

No greater punishment for using a certain weapon to commit a crime; we're punishing the crime, not the inanimate object they used during the commission of it. I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand.

The only restrictions to weaponry should be safety oriented (you can't fire off your gun in city limits just because, for instance.) or up to the discretion of private property owners (Wal-Mart can ask you to leave if you go in with an FAL slung over your shoulder, or insist that you unload the grenade launcher while you're in the store.).

The ONLY restrictions to weaponry should be:

chemical weapons. Civilians can own less-lethal chems (like CS) without any issue, but deadly chems must either be subject to restrictions (safe storage requirements) or banned entirely. They can only be banned if the government/military is ALSO banned from using them.

Ditto for biological weapons. Too dangeorus for the military to possess, too dangerous for civilians. Useless for preventing crime, fending off foreign invaders, or overthrowing a despotic government and therefore not covered by the 2nd Amendment.

Nukes. They don't really need to be outlawed since the only people who could buy one would be Bill Gates or someone like that, and why would they want one? Iran, an oil-rich country, has been trying for years and get a nuke we built in 1945. What are the odds your neighbor is going to get his hands on a tactical nuke and know how to maintain and operate it? Plus, again, not useful for preventing crime, fending off foreign invaders, or overthrowing a despotic government (except for short-range tactical nukes, and that's iffy). No problem with the military owning them if they aren't verboten for civvies, just too expensive and too big a hassle for anyone to bother with.

As much as I'd love to get some of the shit in my avatar without restrictions, I'll go along with your plan. The .mil should have Sarin shells and grenades too, and I'm up for some basic storage requirements.

Where can I donate to your campaign?

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#37]
My letter to the FSA

Dear FSA

I was surfing the web when I ran across your site. So I desided to check it out and see what you had to say. Your write up seems to suggest childeren shouldn't be allowed to shoot firearms. Now I'll admit, handing a child a Full Auto Micro Uzi is not of sound judgement. But childeren need to be educated in firearms as aposed to shelttered. Your article mentions Soccer games and Swiming pools.

Think about it. While you are taking your kids to swimming or soccer, these kids–encouraged by their parents and other trusted adults–are blasting away at their target.

Drowning is the second cause of death to childeren 14 and under, and some 350 kids drowned a year in residentual pools. In a seperate section you point out that some 8 kids are killed each year due to firearms. So suggesting a child is in more danger from shooting firearms with their parents vs Swiming pools simply doesn't add up. It just seems to me that a concerned citizen(s) such as your self would be more focused on swmining pool safty than childerend shooting firearms under the supervision of their parents. These kids are being tougt firearm safty though a hands on approach. And as we all know the one thing in common with child related deaths due to drowning or firearms is a lack of education. If you would like I can send you some pictures of the fence placed around my personal swiming pool and maybe even help compose a list of swim instructors?

Another thing I wanted to address was your horror story on the 50 BMG or 50cal rifle. Is there a chance you could send me some factual information about the 50BMG being envolved in an actual crime? I have surfed the net and all I found was some fear based opinions but nothing factual. One of which was California banning the 50BMG ammo based on some Hollywood movie where some crook shot down a chopper in LA county.

Thanks for your time,

Ray
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm helping make up for nonsense like this, I am giving my son his 1st rifle on Christmas, passing on the 10/22. He is 9 and loves shooting.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm helping make up for nonsense like this, I am giving my son his 1st rifle on Christmas, passing on the 10/22. He is 9 and loves shooting.....

That is how old I was when I got my 10/22
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm teaching my kids to shoot because some day they will probably need to be shooting at people exactly like that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Started shooting 22s at 10, and started shooting an AR for hunting when I was 11. Fuck them! If I started shooting right now (I'm 18) I seriously doubt I'd have the interest in firearms that I have.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because it can be used against us..........like that site did.

ETA: Example:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZf-IV83fkg  Watch the whole thing.

While there are poor examples of folks and kids shooting,  I think it is good to show parents and their kids enjoying our sport.

I noticed how many adult males (presumably fathers) holding their children as they fired auto weapons.   Adding strength, guidance and support to the little ones, as they participate,   All are smiling, at the end.

How is this a bad thing?

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm teaching my kids to shoot because some day they will probably need to be shooting at people exactly like that.

Shooting unarmed sheep hardly seems sporting –– not that it would stop me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Those kids in the videos look like they are having the time of their lives.
Fuck the cunt jerk that made that website.

j0hn
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#45]
All I can say, if you are going to make a video of you and your kids shooting, which you should, make sure you demonstrate stellar safety and gun handling principles.

Make sure that the example you provide to the public is one which makes them a better, more informed citizen.

Do not film yourself and your family having a Bubba moment.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I will be teaching my nephews to butt-stroke hippies in the face.

Well at least they aren't shooting.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Screw them, everyone in my family knows how to shoot.

Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Hmmm think I need to take the kids out for a shooting session now
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All false information

tards.

They're right.

We must take action.

There is a gun for 1 out of every 12 people on Earth. Our job is to arm the other 11.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#50]
ID10T5
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top