Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2005 4:12:40 AM EDT
My wife and I were awoken at four this morning with what sounded like something falling down our basement stairs.  After a brief tactical clear with my nine, I discovered this outside:

ETA:  The passengers fled before the po-po's arrived.  My neighbor saw three people running away down the street. They caught one, two still at large...

Note the two poles at the left - the truck went THROUGH them

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]
being a Tacoma truck owner it's sad to see another tacoma trashed like that
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
People are sick of drunk drivers killing people. DUI is a very "politically correct" crime for prosecutors to pursue. Our local DA's will prosecute just about any DUI arrest.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:20:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The driver is probably OK right?

They were gone before the po-po's arrive.  Neighbor saw three people runnign away down the street.  They caught one, two still at large...
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
People are sick of drunk drivers killing people.

As well they should be

DUI is a very "politically correct" crime for prosecutors to pursue. Our local DA's will prosecute just about any DUI arrest.

I'm failing to see how this is a bad thing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
i fail to understand why, exactly, youth has to be involved with stupidity.

i went on many, many, many fishing trips in my youth, to the lake, with plenty of alcohol, stayed several nights, got as drunk as i pleased, and didn't crash a truck or get arrested, or raise the awareness level of the cops or anything.  we just went poling around in a skiff catfishing...

you know damned well that wasn't his pickup.  dad (whoever he is...) is going to be hugely pissed.  i will say this, i never disgraced my father like this guy did.  

sheer luck he didn't kill someone.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i went on many, many, many fishing trips in my youth, to the lake, with plenty of alcohol, stayed several nights, got as drunk as i pleased, and didn't crash a truck or get arrested, or raise the awareness level of the cops or anything.  we just went poling around in a skiff catfishing...

you know damned well that wasn't his pickup.  dad (whoever he is...) is going to be hugely pissed.  i will say this, i never disgraced my father like this guy did.  

+1.  I don't understand how anyone gets a DUI or DWI.   Ignorance of youth is no excuse.  I drank a hell of a lotta beer in my youth but never drove.  This is preventable,  Insurance should not cover this horseshit.

Every DUI should involve Prison time and this shit would dry up fast.

If ya wanna drink, call a damn taxi...
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You hit the nail on the head
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#10]
they probably ran home and reported the vehicle stolen
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
What did I miss?

Why are some ASSuming that this was some kid?

Could this not have been done by a 40 year old man or woman for that matter?

ETA:  Insurance should not be held liable for paying for the drunk drivers medical and or property bills and this crap would dry up even further.

Prison? You want to spend billions on new jails and prisons? We simply do not have the room to house all the drunks that would soon be convicted.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Should I be worried about the two that got away returning to recall their lost wrenches and jack that landed in my yard?
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Prison? You want to spend billions on new jails and prisons? We simply do not have the room to house all the drunks that would soon be convicted.

Shoot them. With WWB. What is that, like .14 cents a round?

Problem corrected.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It will pull through.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Tagged for update.  I'm guessing the poor truck was stolen.  It takes a special kind of dumbass to bail on a truck you own.

Link Posted: 7/17/2005 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Nope, not stolen.  Just an idiot driving drunk and hoping that he could run, and get it back sober so there would be no evidence.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Here in Florida, they are dismissing more and more D.U.I.'s.  

The liberals have gotten to the judges.  It's sad but true.  

They throw out the D.U.I. tapes and breathalyzer results for no good reason.  

Sadly, It'll turn around when the right person gets killed by a D.U.I. driver.  Thai’s what it takes.  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People are sick of drunk drivers killing people.

As well they should be

DUI is a very "politically correct" crime for prosecutors to pursue. Our local DA's will prosecute just about any DUI arrest.

I'm failing to see how this is a bad thing.

I read it to mean "as opposed to 'undocumented workers' or 'not a hate crime because the victim was white' crimes".
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Should I be worried about the two that got away returning to recall their lost wrenches and jack that landed in my yard?

Should have given them to the police.

However, I would keep them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What did I miss?

ETA:  Insurance should not be held liable for paying for the drunk drivers medical and or property bills and this crap would dry up even further.

Because witnesses said there's THREE.

Unless this is some jealous lesbian lover that was hiding in the toolbox, reached through the rear window, and bashed a case of beer and a bag of chips over her girlfriend's head for getting boned by her brother
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:07:01 AM EDT
[#21]
The cops will probably waiting for them at home.

Dumbass
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#22]
friend and me got clipped by a car as we wre walking home form the local 4th of july fest...we were on the sidewalk with a cement wall on the other side.  car hit my buddy with their mirror and grazed his leg with the bumper.  just missed me by inches.  F-er just kept going, left his smashed mirror all over the road.  called the cops- they asked what WE wanted them to do about it....
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm not so sure about that bud...

If Insurance isn't required to pay out for the misdeeds of drunk drivers, then the results and burden of thier irresponsibility would fall to the victims. When I was in highschool, a girl I knew was sleeping on the livingroom couch when a DD hit their house. She was in the hospital for 6 months and will never be a "whole" person again. Do you think the Uninsured (by virtue of being drunk) Driver could/would be able to pay for the medical bills? Should her parents have their lives ruined by paying her medical bills until they are destitute as well? Insurance is there for the times people make mistakes and fuck up.

I'd go along with making his insurance not cover HIS losses to his vehicle/property, but medical/liability should still have to be paid out to him and the victims-it shouldn't be society's burden to bail out insurance companies who don't pick good risks.

My solution: Drunk Driver's prison. First time offense with no injuries = 4 months, license restorable in 3 years. Susequent arrests: HARD time and no ability to drive again. Ever. The prisons would be paid for by the fines and fees generated, and work done by the inmates.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
called the cops- they asked what WE wanted them to do about it....

I rountinely ask crime victims what they would like to see happen.  Sometimes they only want you to warn the suspect, or lecture him, and they freak out if you try to arrest the suspect for the crime they just reported (most common in domestic violence).  So an experianced cop will ask you what you want done about it, then act on that request if allowed by the law.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have given them to the police.

However, I would keep them.

Cop told me I could keep them
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#26]
I just saw the wreck on the news.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I absolutely HATE drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I saw the inside of the truck pic, did the cop let you have the beer too?

j/k
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

thats what I was going to say
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I saw the inside of the truck pic, did the cop let you have the beer too?

j/k

There was a .22 in the back too!  I tried to get it, but I guess they wouldn't let me have it since it didn't land in my yard with the rest of the tools.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I just saw the wreck on the news.

Which station?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What did I miss?

There are folks out there who cannot be stopped from drinking and then driving except by encarceration. No threat of punishment or previous punishment will stop them.

I have seen individuals with their license suspended under threat of prison climb in a car and drive to a bar. They could drive for years and not get in trouble. They could drink all they want. But something in their psyche requires they combine the two activities.

No one knows how to stop them except put them where they do not have access to one or both of their passions.

Regards
Mild Bill
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Not at all. Finders keepers.

Good thing your cooler stayed safe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top