Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 2/23/2016 11:32:54 PM EDT
Watching The Amazing Race with the wife, some challenge where they have to ride in a Stearman and spot things from the air.  Made me think back to my Stearman ride.  My wife bought it for my as a birthday gift at an air museum in North West Indiana.

I was all pumped up for it and out walked my pilot.  Older gent, bit of a hunch to his back and a hitch in his gate.  It didn't raise any real concern but it made me take mental pause.  The ride was awesome and all went well but he had a funny name that stuck with me.  So I got home and googled "Dale Snodgrass" just prior to feeling like an asshole for judging.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dale+snodgrass+&oq=dale+snodgrass+&gs_l=serp.3..0l6j0i22i30l4.609062.609062.0.609268.1.1.0.0.0.0.171.171.0j1.1.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.1.171.ex1L2s07HZE

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:40:51 PM EDT
People actually watch The Amazing Race?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:43:36 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GAcop:
View Quote

You are such a cool guy
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:47:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
Watching The Amazing Race with the wife, some challenge where they have to ride in a Stearman and spot things from the air.  Made me think back to my Stearman ride.  My wife bought it for my as a birthday gift at an air museum in North West Indiana.

I was all pumped up for it and out walked my pilot.  Older gent, bit of a hunch to his back and a hitch in his gate.  It didn't raise any real concern but it made me take mental pause.  The ride was awesome and all went well but he had a funny name that stuck with me.  So I got home and googled "Dale Snodgrass" just prior to feeling like an asshole for judging.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dale+snodgrass+&oq=dale+snodgrass+&gs_l=serp.3..0l6j0i22i30l4.609062.609062.0.609268.1.1.0.0.0.0.171.171.0j1.1.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.1.171.ex1L2s07HZE

View Quote

Haha you dont know who Snort is?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:47:54 PM EDT
Very cool.  There are some impressive individuals out there for sure.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:48:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tacocat:
You are such a cool guy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You are such a cool guy
Not really, I'm just a ol' grumpy guy. It's just one of those shows that I have never heard anybody talk about and the few times I attempted to watch it I made it 10 minutes tops.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:49:43 PM EDT
View Quote

I'm not feeling particularly confident for the future of this planet either.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:51:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:53:31 PM EDT

Not really, I'm just a ol' grumpy guy. It's just one of those shows that I have never heard anybody talk about and the few times I attempted to watch it I made it 10 minutes tops.

View All Quotes

You are such a cool guy

You're hipper than, I could watch that stupidity even that long.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/23/2016 11:57:55 PM EDT by Burnsy]

View All Quotes

You are such a cool guy

Wife is a travel agent, we travel...a lot.  It's fun to watch for us. Places we have been, places we have yet to.  It's junk food TV but we enjoy it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:59:28 PM EDT
Hitch in his gate, huh?

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:00:47 AM EDT
View Quote

Since it is on it's 28th season, I would say Yes. People do actually watch The Amazing Race.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:01:57 AM EDT

You are right . Gait.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:04:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2016 12:06:21 AM EDT by Burnsy]

Originally Posted By Moose:
Since it is on it's 28th season, I would say Yes. People do actually watch The Amazing Race.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moose:

I start a thread about the time I rode in a biplane with a retired USN Captain, had no idea and was judgmental.  Responses are all judgmental about the TV show that made me remember it.  Only in GD .

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:12:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2016 12:12:44 AM EDT by Burnsy]

Originally Posted By Cucumbermonkey:

http://i.imgur.com/gR9P2kF.gif

View All Quotes

Well I have for a few years now, but at the time .

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:26:37 AM EDT

View All Quotes

Im just messin with ya. I dont/didnt know him either.
Top Top