Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 2/19/2016 2:21:25 PM EDT
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/02/19/donald-trump-says-supports-obamacare-mandate/

TRANSCRIPT

COOPER: If Obamacare is repealed and there’s no mandate for everybody to have insurance what’s to… and why would insurance company not have a pre-existing insure somebody…

TRUMP: I like tne mandate. Okay, so here’s how I’m a little bit different. I don’t want people dying on the streets and I say this all the time. And I say this… Look I did five speeches maybe six speeches today we had a lot of rallies with thousands and thousands of people. I mean we get big crowds. Everytime I talk about this I get standing ovations. The Republican people, they’re wonderful people, they don’t want people dying on the streets. Sometimes they say, “Donald Trump wants single-payer.” Because there is a group of people, as good as these plans are, and by the way your insurance will go way down you’ll have better players, you’ll get your own doctor

COOPER: Which…

TRUMP: Obama lied. Remember this…

COOPER: A person with a pre-existing condition should be able to get insurance?

TRUMP: Yes. Obama lied when he said you’re gonna keep your plan, you get to keep your doctor. I was a pure lie. Frankly many democrats went along only because they believed him. He lied twenty-eight times. Twenty-eight times he said it. Twenty-eight times. If that were in the private sector you be sued for fraud. Okay? He lied to get the plan through. He got it through and it’s turned out to be a disaster. The wrong people are buying it. You know what’s happening. It’s dead. It’s gonna… Look, ObamaCare is dead. It’s gonna be repealed, gonna be replaced. But I will say this, Anderson, if we don’t do something quickly you can have a health care problem that you… like you’ve never seen before in this country. Now the new plan is good, it’s going to be inexpensive, it’s going to be much better for the people. But there’s gonna be a group of people at the bottom people that haven’t done well, people that don’t have any money that won’t be able to be taken care of. We’re gonna take care of them through maybe concepts of medicare. We have hospitals that aren’t doing well. We have doctors aren’t doing well. You cannot let people die on the street, okay? Now some people would say “that’s not a very Republican thing to say.” Every time I say this at a rally, or even today I said it, once again a standing ovation, I said, you know, the problem is everybody thinks that you people as Republicans hate the concept of taking care of people that are really, really sick and are gonna die. And that’s not single-payer, by the way, that’s called “heart.” We’ve gotta take care of people that can’t take care of themselves. But the plans will be much less expensive than Obamacare, they’ll be far better than Obamacare, you’ll get your doctor you get everything you want to get, it’ll be unbelievable. [Italics are mine, read this a couple of times.] But you’ve got to get rid of the lines. You’ve got to have competition. those people that are left, we gotta help them live and everybody likes it when I say it, and that includes Republicans and it’s not single-payer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My god, reading his shit is worse than listening to it .

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Trump supporters are either willfully ignorant or they are mouth-breathing stupid.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, let's just say that I stridently disagree with Trump on this. As in - we're 180 degrees apart on this. And this is a really, really, really big issue for me, up there with the 2A.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I cannot vote for this guy in good conscience. And I won't. If any of you give two shits about my lil' 'ol vote for the eventual (R) nominee, you'd better make damn sure that nominee isn't Trump. Tell a friend.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump supporters are either willfully ignorant or they are mouth-breathing stupid.
View Quote

They just hear what they want to. Its been known for awhile he supports the mandate. Maybe not the abomination it has become, but government controlled healthcare.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
He's changed.  He's evolved since he said that.  Why are you pulling old quotes from him?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'll go with mouth-breathing stupid.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's changed.  He's evolved since he said that.  Why are you pulling old quotes from him?
View Quote

Sorry, I didn't check to see what his position is as of this morning.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The more the guy talks. The more that I am sure that he does not want to be POTUS.
I think he is trying to find a way out.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump is a statist. Wow, there's a shocker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Heard a caller on Rush trying to explain what Trump really meant to say. Rush did not seem amused by this development.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying it's wrong to change your mind?  Have you never changed you mind in less than 24 hours?  You never had your wife ask, "hey, what do you want to do for dinner tonight.  Is take-out ok?" Said yes, then saw steaks were on sale at the grocery store and decided to grill instead.

Totally hypocritical.  But I expect that from Cruzbots.  

(obvious sarcasm should be obvious)
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]
This republican strongly disagrees with him.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or trolls.  They tend to gravitate towards Trump.  I wonder why?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am ok with people dying in the streets.
View Quote

Isn't that a tough campaign platform?  Seems like the moderates will denounce you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, let's just say that I stridently disagree with Trump on this. As in - we're 180 degrees apart on this. And this is a really, really, really big issue for me, up there with the 2A.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I cannot vote for this guy in good conscience. And I won't. If any of you give two shits about my lil' 'ol vote for the eventual (R) nominee, you'd better make damn sure that nominee isn't Trump. Tell a friend.
View Quote

You must want Jeb to win.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#17]
If you watched the whole interview you would be unimpressed even if you are a staunch Trump supporter. He never answered anyone's questions. I think his act is going to burn out by November.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, and FDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you watched the whole interview you would be unimpressed even if you are a staunch Trump supporter. He never answered anyone's questions. I think his act is going to burn out by November.
View Quote

He's burning out quick

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why can't it be a bit of both?

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This sounds like a winning campaign platform
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As opposed to Trump just telling people what they want to hear?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
For some, the only qualifications needed for becoming president are pissing off the GOP and talking tough to the media

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any candidate, including Cruz, that is advocating letting people die on the streets if they get sick while falling on financial hardship?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sums it up pretty well. They are so set on destroying the gop that they don't care what they get. Was listening to "the experts" talking the past couple of days. He CANNOT win but they are placing their bets on it. At 36% (trump) Hillary or Sanders will stomp him and "the experts" don't see him getting to 45% in the best case. That means dems win.

40% of the republicans polled say the will NEVER vote for him in the most recent polling. The sooner all the also rans get out of it and either Cruz or Rubio are one on one the better. Hopefully before it's too late and he ends up the nominee. Cruz or Rubio trounce him in a head to head match up. The problem is those two and the other chaff are splitting the anti trump vote. If it comes together he is history

Rubio is not my pick, CRUZ is, but Rubio has the best chance of beating the dems.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Cruz will play recordings of him saying these things.....Donald will deny ever saying it.......and the Trumpsuckers will accept his denial and keep supporting him.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Is there any candidate, including Cruz, that is advocating letting people die on the streets if they get sick while falling on financial hardship?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So its either a mandate or people dying in the streets?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#29]
The idiot mouth-breathers have arrived. Like moths to a flame.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unfortunately no.  If there were I'd likely be sending them a donation check.

DARWIN 2016!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The more the guy talks. The more that I am sure that he does not want to be POTUS.

I think he is trying to find a way out.
View Quote

I don't know. I think he's saying what people want to hear as a lot of America is fed up with the way shit's bee going for the past 8+ years. When he actually had an audience, a big one at that, he was shocked himself. He knew his cult of personality skills would make people follow him blindly. Hell, he even said so himself -- "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

And now that he knows this, and there's truth in it, he can now be free to be who is really is. To say what he really thinks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's burning out quick

http://i.imgbox.com/VFJDcG4F.png

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/12353347_1660454257567831_1958711236_n.jpg

You know you can keep posting this same stupid shit over and over again. It may all be true. Trump very well may me the candidate. All it will show in the end is how fucked up the U.S is and how easily the electorate is swayed by fancy words. You're proud because someone like Trump is leading in the polls and may be the candidate? I sure in the fuck wouldn't be. I'd be ashamed that he is what our country thinks is the best and brightest to lead what was once the best country in the world. I weep for our future.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
If this retard becomes the R nominee, it's all over.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You know you can keep posting this same stupid shit over and over again. It may all be true. Trump very well may me the candidate. All it will show in the end is how fucked up the U.S is and how easily the electorate is swayed by fancy words. You're proud because someone like Trump is leading in the polls and may be the candidate? I sure in the fuck wouldn't be. I'd be ashamed that he is what our country thinks is the best and brightest to lead what was once the best country in the world. I weep for our future.
View Quote

Obama of the right.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Obama of the right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama of the right.

I was chastised for saying that the other day.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If any of you give two shits about my lil' 'ol vote for the eventual (R) nominee, you'd better make damn sure that nominee isn't Trump. Tell a friend.
View Quote

Let's me honest fella - no one gives two shits about your vote.  Even if they agree with you 100%, they are voting they way THEY want, not how you want them to vote.  That's just ignorant and arrogant.

But I'll be sure to "tell a friend" some rando on the Innerwebz has voting advice for them.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Let's me honest fella - no one gives two shits about your vote.  Even if they agree with you 100%, they are voting they way THEY want, not how you want them to vote.  That's just ignorant and arrogant.

But I'll be sure to "tell a friend" some rando on the Innerwebz has voting advice for them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If any of you give two shits about my lil' 'ol vote for the eventual (R) nominee, you'd better make damn sure that nominee isn't Trump. Tell a friend.

I'll put Sub's conservative credentials up,against Trumps all day long.  A whole bunch of folks don't seem to have any problem follwing the Don"s advice about who to vote for.

Trump is the best hope (among legit contenders) for a DNC victory in November.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amen.

Sorry, guys, I've been the "vote for whatever sorry slob gets the nomination" guy up to this point, but Trump has reached my personal tipping point. I can't pull the lever for him. I won't. He's talked too much shit and I don't trust his "transformation". He isn't DOING anything to convinces me he's honest, either.

The ENTIRETY of his experience says otherwise. I can't ignore that, without good reason.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Cruz will play recordings of him saying these things.....Donald will deny ever saying it.......and the Trumpsuckers will accept his denial and keep supporting him.
View Quote

That would probably actually work for Cruz if he'd just stop with these dumbass photoshopped ads and the shadiness he pulled on Carson. If he'd truly rise above it he'd probably be doing even better than he is.

And in reference to the chart posted above, LMAO at Jindal, Graham, Santorum and Pataki. Those guys seriously should never be allowed to run again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much.  Last couple of weeks has changed me from being willing to vote for him to no longer willing.  <<shrugs>>
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I care about his vote. And your vote. And everyone's else vote too. Not that its going to change my mind, or anyone else, cause, as you stated, people will vote for who they want.

But I care because everyone's vote is what's going to shape our future for a long time to come. So if I, or anyone else, can get one more person to vote for the right person, then that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Amen.

Sorry, guys, I've been the "vote for whatever sorry slob gets the nomination" up to this point, but Trump has reached my personal tipping point. I can't pull the lever for him. I won't. He's talked too much shit and I don't trust his "transformation". He isn't DOING anything to convinces me he's honest, either.

The ENTIRETY of his experience says otherwise. I can't ignore that, without good reason.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

Sorry, guys, I've been the "vote for whatever sorry slob gets the nomination" up to this point, but Trump has reached my personal tipping point. I can't pull the lever for him. I won't. He's talked too much shit and I don't trust his "transformation". He isn't DOING anything to convinces me he's honest, either.

I hear you, and the Trump schtick has become tiresome with me but if it actually comes to that in the general, are you really willing to just concede the election to Clinton or even worse Sanders?

I do think Trump is much less inevitable than he was but still a very real possibility.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Is it possible to have a reasonable discussion, based on facts and logic about Trump any more?  Just curious......has GD discussed his funding of the boehner and mcconnell primary campaigns yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would hope so, but they keep pestering me about who I'm going to vote for in every fucking political thread.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They can denounce away I guess.

Life sucks....then you die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that a tough campaign platform?  Seems like the moderates will denounce you.

They can denounce away I guess.

Life sucks....then you die.

Yes, but Trump setup the dichotomy with his own words.  At this point, you either support Obamacare, or you support people dying in the streets.

Know of anyone who ran on the "People should die on the streets" campaign slogan who won?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Actually, I care about his vote. And your vote. And everyone's else vote too. Not that its going to change my mind, or anyone else, cause, as you stated, people will vote for who they want.

But I care because everyone's vote is what's going to shape our future for a long time to come. So if I, or anyone else, can get one more person to vote for the right person, then that's all that matters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shouldn't. My vote isn't going to change the outcome of the presidential election (it's effectively impossible), and neither of us has the pull necessary to change the opinion of millions of voters.

You know who has that ability? The candidates themselves, and they alone. Not you. Not me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top