Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 10:03:36 PM EDT
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/17/donald-harron-aka-charlie-farquharson-dead-at-90

The Canadian actor best known for creating Hee Haw's Charlie Farquharson has died.

Donald Harron was 90.

His career spanned 77 years and included radio, TV, stage, films and books.

Born in Toronto in 1924, he based Charlie Farquharson on his experiences working as a farm hand during the depression. He took the character from Canadian TV to international audiences with Hee Haw in the late 1960s and continued to perform as the character for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My fiancée rode in an 8 seater plane with Don Harron from Eliot Lake,Ont to Sault St. Marie years ago. She said he had on his hat and same grey sweater as on Hee Haw. When she saw him she asked " Are you Charlie?" she said he smiled and said "Yes I am". Her bosses wife's step father is Gordie Tapp also of Hee Haw fame.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that. RIP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
R.I.P.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
My Dad loved Hee Haw; I probably watched every episode.

RIP to both.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
RIP Don, as Charlie you entertained millions. Hee Haw was a fixture at our home too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top