Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:11:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my refund weeks ago Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You want an instant revolution?

I have long believed that making the most diabolical instrument of taxation illegal would lead to top to bottom government reform.

Outlaw withholding.

Everyone will rejoice at the pay raise.

Then, at about 10pm on the next april 13, the fit would hit the shan.

We're talking torches, pitchforks, total anarchy.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

See my sig line
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Turbo Tax ... made doing taxes so much easier.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

See my sig line

Sweeeeeet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah but getting receipts together along with stock trade info is the biggest pain.  Filing federal taxes is a lot easier than filing the state income taxes.

I told myself I will get them done and so far I have 5 receipts put together only a shit load more to do.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have long believed that making the most diabolical instrument of taxation illegal would lead to top to bottom government reform.

Outlaw withholding.

Everyone will rejoice at the pay raise.

Then, at about 10pm on the next april 13, the fit would hit the shan.

We're talking torches, pitchforks, total anarchy.

Taxes are paid quarterly, a revolution every four months.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Hire a CPA

Your Friendly Neighborhood Accountant.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't that what wives are for?...

(Mine is doing ours this week while I'm out of town. )
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have allways said that if everyone had to cut a check at least once a month to the .gov for "income tax"  there would be a very large uproar. Once people wrote that check and did so several times they would see just how much they are losing to the .gov
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I am done, wasn't so bad but I am only ending up with getting back $204 from the IRS and having to pay an additional $86 to Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife's night job is doing taxes at one of the franchise places. If you think doing your own is hard, try doing someone elses who does no record keeping or keeps reciepts.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well I am done, wasn't so bad but I am only ending up with getting back $204 from the IRS and having to pay an additional $86 to Virginia.

That's pretty good. Any time you can keep it withing $250 on either side of the equation, you've estimated pretty well: No free loan to Uncle Sam,and no unplanned extra expenses for April.
I used Taxcut this year,and didn't have too many problems. Most of my investments are tax exempt or long term holds though,which keeps it simple.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but getting receipts together along with stock trade info is the biggest pain.  Filing federal taxes is a lot easier than filing the state income taxes.

I told myself I will get them done and so far I have 5 receipts put together only a shit load more to do.  

Try filing Ohio city taxes - you have to get all your work cities and resident cities, each with either their own system or some regional authority. Now that was a real PITA...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top