Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 9:31:18 PM EDT

I bought a new vanity and top for this bathroom. When I pulled the old vanity off, the piping to the P-trap looked "off" and cocked at an angle. When I went to to see if the waste/vent line would twist off, the fucking vent/waste line broke behind the wall. Apparently there had been a small leak there for many many years and it just snapped clean off. There was some mold behind it so we cut out the sheet rock, put new piping back there and I am almost done with this whole shebang.

My dad helping me fit the new sheetrock

New correctly angled and NO-leaking piping with lots of pipe dope

New stuff going in

I've already installed the new sheetrock and put on the tape and mud. I'm going to finish it all this week hopefully but I'm pretty clueless to this shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What's with that PVC shit ?
ETA: oh Texas...
just busting your chops..
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's with that PVC shit ?
ETA: oh Texas...
just busting your chops..

Haha yeah we use the plastic shit
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Read title as surplus bathroom renovation and was confused.

I would have left it as just some kind of access panel behind the vanity. In 30 years someone is going to think of you as some kind of genius.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top