Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2001 1:50:36 PM EDT
If I have misquoted this quote from "The Outlaw Josey Wales", please forgive me. If you haven't seen the move, this quote was said by the head federal authority who was just told by another in his party that once the last official renegade was dealt with, that the war is over. The authority (Cap'n Redlegs (Terrel?)) has apparently decided that there are many unofficial "renegades" that need "attending to", and he has the authority, structure, and drive to persue his goals. I for one am proud of being an American, and put no qualifier before that title. I support fully our war on our international enemies, and their agents in this country. However, I am watching our government's domestic response to this attack carefully as whatever is done will probably be permenant, but happily, our current enemies will indeed be very short lived. Remember, Di Fi considers both you and me terrorists. (or at least potential terrorists) Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:45:52 PM EDT
Should we bury them fellas Josie? "Buzzards got to eat........same as worms."
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:56:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2001 3:53:16 PM EDT by trickshot]
The Captain was the villain in the film. I mean, the Union troops took away the rebels' rifles (they weren't supposed to do that if you read your Civil War history--the men were allowed to keep their guns), made them swear to a ridiculous oath, and then had them slaughtered anyways. The Red Legs were corrupt mercenaries--they killed Josie's family and robbed and pillaged in the name of prosecuting the war. Sound familiar? Like maybe, the War on Drugs or the ATF perhaps? Those who are siding with the traitorous murders, well, they ought to reconsider. I guess they're are in good company these days though. Our nation is headed down the road to a fascist police state now. I hope there are a lot of Josey Wales' out there to shake things up. 'bout time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:59:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DriftPunch: If I have misquoted this quote from "The Outlaw Josey Wales", please forgive me. If you haven't seen the move, this quote was said by the head federal authority who was just told by another in his party that once the last official renegade was dealt with, that the war is over. The authority (Cap'n Redlegs (Terrel?)) has apparently decided that there are many unofficial "renegades" that need "attending to", and he has the authority, structure, and drive to persue his goals. I for one am proud of being an American, and put no qualifier before that title. I support fully our war on our international enemies, and their agents in this country. However, I am watching our government's domestic response to this attack carefully as whatever is done will probably be permenant, but happily, our current enemies will indeed be very short lived. Remember, Di Fi considers both you and me terrorists. (or at least potential terrorists) Your thoughts?
View Quote
I think the quote you put up pretty much shows the worst kind of evil--where the perp considers his crimes to be moral. The terrs had the same attitude. But, so do others. Including those in our own government who wish to regulate us and force us to live like good little subjects.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:00:10 PM EDT
I'm happy to see that you got my meaning. We are fools if we believe that the inertia of the system that is developing will evaporate when the current threat is over. One of the greatest fears I have is that the system will start searching for new "enemies" when the Bin Laden's and Sadam's of the world are removed. Our government doesn't have a good history of dismantling things that are no longer needed. They just design a new need. If you had asked me if having an "Office of Homeland Security" was possible a month ago, I'd have told you that you were reading too much Orwell. But now, we have it and people are loving it!
Top Top