Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2003 2:17:50 AM EDT
A lot of dog owners here . Have any dumb dog stories ?
I do.
Had a German Shepard, she was the most loving, loyal dog I ever had, and the dumbest. Among her list of dumb deeds was the fact she loved to go for rides in the pick up bed, she just never could figure it out that I had to put the tail gate down before she took her running start to jump onto the bed, she would make her running start and leap into the tailgate, head butting it. Got to the point where I would have to lower it before letting her out for her ride. I had her eyes checked and they were ok, I think she just got so excited when she heard "wanna go for a ride" that she just went brain dead.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
DOG POETRY  

I Lie belly-up
In the sunshine, happier than
You will ever be.

Today I sniffed
Many dogs behinds - I celebrate
By kissing your face.

I sound the alarm!
Paper boy come to kill us all.
Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

I sound the alarm!
Garbage man come to kill us all.
Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

I lift my leg and
Greet each bush. Hello, Spot -
Sniff this and weep.

My human is home!
I am so ecstatic I have
Made a puddle.

I hate my choke chain.
Look, world, they strangle me!
Ack! Ack! Ack! Ack! Ack! Ack!

Look in my eyes and
Deny it. No human could
Love you as much as I do.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]
So........I woke up and felt another presence with me.......I turned over and instantly KNEW that she had not been my "primary choice" the night before.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
My Blue Heeler normally a very,very intellegent dog,is total moron with a slice of individually wrapped cheese.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I did have an Australian Shepherd who more stupid than a box of rocks.

I had a laser pointer and she would chase the "BUG" around the house till she dropped.
She would sit and cry when the "BUG" would climb the wall and stay outside of her reach.

The "BUG" would run over to the fireplace and "disappear"....the dog would sit there for hours waiting for the "BUG" to come back out.

laser pointer = $8

Dumb dog = PRICELESS!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was a kid, we had a Black Lab...he was the world's best dog. May he RIP.

Slightly deficient upstairs, though. Smart as a whip most times, but others...

One day, we were running down our yard (we live on a mountain) with the dog right behind us (he was what, 6-7 months old)...

His front paws slid out behind him while running.

So, he ran down the rest of the hill with us...with his face in the grass, rear legs pumping away. Kind of like using his head as a ski.

Funniest damn thing I ever saw.

Another time, the dumbass got nicked by a car (he loved chasing cars)...found him, bought him to the vet, just some skin abrasions. No broken bones.

2 days later, he was out chasing cars with a vengance. Dumbass.

Still miss that damn dog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top