Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2006 4:45:30 PM EDT
Yeah, they left the sack.  Why leave the sack?  There's no balls in it, so why leave it?  Is this what is done?  If so, why?  And if not, is this why this vet's estimate was 50% lower than the other guy's?  Leaving the SACK?

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Got any rubber bands?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it's "easier" on the animal.

Surprised, if you would of asked, they should of told you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
So you can have prosthetic testicles put in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My wife picked him up, I was at work.  I'DA NOTICED.  OK, so it's easier, I'll go with that.  It looks silly, though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
EL Sacko disappears in a few weeks...

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife picked him up, I was at work.  I'DA NOTICED.  OK, so it's easier, I'll go with that.  It looks silly, though.

Knock yourself out....
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You know, they can put some little fake testicles in...
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
So these can be put in
www.neuticles.com/index1.html

Neuticles and the revolutionary testicular implant procedure for pets.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah, they left the sack.  Why leave the sack?  There's no balls in it, so why leave it?  Is this what is done?  If so, why?  And if not, is this why this vet's estimate was 50% lower than the other guy's?  Leaving the SACK?

Car keys?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Uhhhh......why do you care?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yup, it goes away.

Cutting it off would leave a much larger wound and a bigger chance for infection.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It won't if the dog is 9 months old or older.  I hate that they leave it now but it is easier on the animal to do so.  Looks really stupid.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]
They also sell this

CTI-ScarGon®

Eliminate or Reduce
Surgical Scars on Pets
Eliminate most scars up to two years old on
pets. Simply massage CTI-ScarGon® sparingly
on scar twice a day and see permanent results
within 60 days.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Fake balls for dogs.  I have heard everything now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
WTH did you expect?
I always leave the sack on when castrating an animal, it's cleaner and less chance for an infection, bleeds less, and seems to be a little easier on the critter.

A better question would be "why take it off?".

Larry
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Why are you all checking out your dogs junk?

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
WTH did you expect?
I always leave the sack on when castrating an animal, it's cleaner and less chance for an infection, bleeds less, and seems to be a little easier on the critter.

Larry

This was my first neuter experience, i guess I just expected it all to be gone.  Jeesh, my bad folks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't if the dog is 9 months old or older.  I hate that they leave it now but it is easier on the animal to do so.  Looks really stupid.

Had it done to a Long-haired Chihuahua at 3yr's due to the horny little bugger trying to mount the cats and the chickens.

Had it done to a 2yo Australian Shepherd. (rescue)

Had it done to a 1 1/2yo Rat Terrier. (rescue)

Had it done to a 8yo MinPin. (rescue)

Sack disappeared on all of them.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTH did you expect?

Larry

This was my first neuter experience, i guess I just expected it all to be gone.  Jeesh, my bad folks.

LMAO. I just had my dog nueterd today. I thought the same damn thing. Our vet called it the "pancake" effect. It would flatten out and shrivel up. I sure hope it does shrink up some...it does look silly. But as long as it is whats best, I am fine with it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Dude, it's not gay if it's a dog.

Besides, they have that cool "lipstick" dick thing. That's gotta be handy. Pops out like a pink christmas tree light when you're ready to party, goes back in the furry sheath when it's done. Now that's slick.

It's a marvel of natural engineering, I can't help but admire it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#21]
my vet said it would be extra, and every vet I checked you had to pay extra for that
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Besides, they have that cool "lipstick" dick thing. That's gotta be handy. Pops out like a pink christmas tree light when you're ready to party, goes back in the furry sheath when it's done. Now that's slick.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Poor guy needs something to lick.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing there ... y'all seem to have a lot of free time.  Perhaps a little lonely, too.  Too lonely.  Love your pets, just don't love them, know what I mean?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had it done to a Long-haired Chihuahua at 3yr's due to the horny little bugger trying to mount the cats and the chickens.

Had it done to a 2yo Australian Shepherd. (rescue)

Had it done to a 1 1/2yo Rat Terrier. (rescue)

Had it done to a 8yo MinPin. (rescue)

Sack disappeared on all of them.

strange.  I have about 5 dogs neutered a year and they are all walking around with their sack between their legs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#28]
My dog got neutered today and it looks to me like his sack is gone.  But he's still pretty young and his nuts weren't that big yet anyways so it might just look that way.  I know my nuts having been hurting me all day.  Must be those sympathy pains.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

While it certainly protects their genitals, the dogs aren't the most clean of creatures, and the sheath often becomes home to a lot of bacteria and germs.

Morale of the story?  Don't blow your dog.  It's not only sick, but you'll get sick from it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

He needs something to lick.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Three members replied about the fake doggy balls within 2 minutes. You people worry me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, they don't worry me as much as Swingset does.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Three members replied about the fake doggy balls within 2 minutes. You people worry me.

Those fake doggy balls came out on Penn and Teller's Bullshit.  The Neuticles creator is one fucked up guy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We used to tell our dog "Put away your lipstick, you aint going anywhere"
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#35]
You Need To Purchase H.S. No Scent Sack If You Wish The Sack To Go Away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Speed brake.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#38]
My cat I think when they did his "fixing" they left his there.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
So these can be put in
www.neuticles.com/index1.html

Neuticles and the revolutionary testicular implant procedure for pets.

Next dog I get is gonna get his natural ones replaced with one larger neuticle.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#40]
My GSD is two years old, and his sack is still there.   He was neutered at age 1yr, when he was abandoned by his 1st owner.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Poor guy needs something to lick.

Aww, that was my line!  Beat me to it.

I am surprised I had to read half the thread before someone thought of the obvious.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While it certainly protects their genitals, the dogs aren't the most clean of creatures, and the sheath often becomes home to a lot of bacteria and germs.

Morale of the story?  Don't blow your dog.  It's not only sick, but you'll get sick from it.

Killjoy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's the most jacked up thing i've ever read here
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RED ROCKET RED ROCKET!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#45]
It's a mud flap!

Now all you need to get him is a tattoo of Yosemite Sam right there with "Back Off" written below.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#46]
He can put his weed in there!!

My wife calls it "The Red Rocket" gets grossed out when I say "Apollo's got his lipstick out."
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#47]
My cat was neutered over a year ago and he still has his sack.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#48]
"you know how i can tell your gay.. you look at your dogs balls to see if they are still there"
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 12:00:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RED ROCKET RED ROCKET!!!!

Someone been watching South Park.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#50]
SAK-GON  Apply directly to the dog sack
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top