Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:36:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 4:24:37 PM EDT by BURN]
My roomate took two of her and her husbands dogs in to get spayed. Both dogs have had litters and they dont want to breed them anymore. They are Great Danes they have three theese two females and one male. Well get a call this morning from the vet and find out the the small one her name is distance has growths in her mameries well my roomate didnt have the money to have them remove or tested. but guess what I do....

I have been waiting to get an AR-15 sold all my guns but two when I got divorced. Now i was going to build an M4gery out of a kit well long storie short half my gun money is going to help the dog. I hate my moralistic feelings..I dont even like the dog very much but my roomie was cryin and her hubby is deployed in the sand box....

Its early im ramblin and distraught over both the dog and the finacial side of this all ....

Guess Im waiting on the rifle for a while longer funny thing was I just finished re-finishing all my mags last night
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:49:11 AM EDT
Just remember; no good deed goes unpunished.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:53:03 PM EDT
well went to the vets to pick the dames up and only picked up the one with cancer test are being done so we can find out what kind of cancer it is...the other one was doing ok then started bleeding badly a blood transfusion was done...

as I held her she was so cold and the vet said she might not make it through the night..she is one of four we have and all four are like family to us.....I know to some or even most they are only dogs but please send prayers.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:49:30 PM EDT
Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 2:53:20 PM EDT by VTHOKIESHOOTER]
I would go broke to help my dogs. Shows your character spending the money on it. Sorry to hear about your dog.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:55:02 PM EDT
Sorry to hear it. I have lost 2 to cancer. My sympathies go out to all of you. Prayers go out that they will make it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:56:21 PM EDT
Man that is rough.
In the last two years I have lost Three dogs to age and Cancer.
We also lost three cats the same way, it seemed like I was burying and pet every month.
The first was BEAR the lab- chow mix my boys grew up with, he had cancer and had to have operations. well after 17 years we had to have him put down. I felt I had lost a member of the family.
The last was SARAH the wifes cocker, I have a nice spot out back with mums planted as her final resting place. Damn I miss that little dog not worth much but was nice to sit and watch tv with the dumb blonde on the lap, she was 16 when she died.
The cats did not men much to me but the wife loved them.
The other dog Zowie was given to use after BEAR died and we did not really attach, he came down with a blood borne cancer and died real quick.
The Vet bills have kept me from boosting the collection.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:28:12 PM EDT
thank you for the response the other one "emma" they couldnt get the blleeding to stop and she bled out even with them giving her blood. I went and saw her after she passed she looked so fragile and her skin was cold. I will have her cremated tomorrow I just dont know what else to say the house is sad including the other Great Danes are sad.

We had three danes two females and one male....we had pups so then we would have four now we are down to three and in the next few weeks or months we will be down too just the two males.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:30:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 10mmFan:
Just remember; no good deed goes unpunished.

Is this a slight to me. unpunished how. by loseing a loved one....yeah yeah I know "Its just a dog" well I hope a grown man crying makes you feel good about the internet....or am I mis-reading this...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:12:49 PM EDT
I don't think that's an insult, although I don't know about a lot of sayings.
Anyhow, unfortunate about the dogs. God bless.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:18:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BURN:
thank you for the response the other one "emma" they couldnt get the blleeding to stop and she bled out even with them giving her blood. I went and saw her after she passed she looked so fragile and her skin was cold. I will have her cremated tomorrow I just dont know what else to say the house is sad including the other Great Danes are sad.

We had three danes two females and one male....we had pups so then we would have four now we are down to three and in the next few weeks or months we will be down too just the two males.....

Sorry to hear it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
My family always have a Great Dane, we can't afford to keep more than one at a time though. But there is nothing sadder to see than a dead Great Dane, they lose so much of their regalness when they die.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:40:18 PM EDT
If it turns out to be fibrosarcoma, ask the vet about "acemannan" injections and pills. My dog Bob had a big fibrosarcoma under his eye about 4 years ago, the vet told us the only treatment was radiation therapy. It would have to be done at the University of Missouri vet school and would be painful and probably blind him in that eye. I couldn't put him through that, to be hurt, scared, far from home, and alone.

I called bullshit and did some research of my own. I found a drug that has been used overseas a lot but not much in this country. A company called Carrington Labs made an injectable form (given intraperitoneally for 6 weeks) and pills of an aloe vera plant extract called acemannan. I had the vet order it, Bob got the shots once a week for 6 weeks and I gave him 2 of the pills 3 times a day for a couple of months. The cancer swelled up a lot for a week or so (it was his body and the drug attacking the tumor) and started to shrink. He is cancer-free to this day.

This may not work for your dog, but if the cancer turns out to be fibrosarcome I'd damn sure give it a try.

Best of luck.......Paul
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:44:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Arkansas_Rocketman:
If it turns out to be fibrosarcoma, ask the vet about "acemannan" injections and pills. My dog Bob had a big fibrosarcoma under his eye about 4 years ago, the vet told us the only treatment was radiation therapy. It would have to be done at the University of Missouri vet school and would be painful and probably blind him in that eye. I couldn't put him through that, to be hurt, scared, far from home, and alone.

I called bullshit and did some research of my own. I found a drug that has been used overseas a lot but not much in this country. A company called Carrington Labs made an injectable form (given intraperitoneally for 6 weeks) and pills of an aloe vera plant extract called acemannan. I had the vet order it, Bob got the shots once a week for 6 weeks and I gave him 2 of the pills 3 times a day for a couple of months. The cancer swelled up a lot for a week or so (it was his body and the drug attacking the tumor) and started to shrink. He is cancer-free to this day.

This may not work for your dog, but if the cancer turns out to be fibrosarcome I'd damn sure give it a try.

Best of luck.......Paul

Thank you for the advice even if its another type of cancer I will research treatments or maybe even get a second vet opinion
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:44:39 PM EDT
i'm sorry to hear about your loss

i know how you feel... my dog died about a week ago. i had him for 10 1/2 years, so it was pretty hard.
Top Top