Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:43:11 AM EDT
OK, I figured I could tap the valuable base of knowledge of ARFCOM AKA "Know It Alls" about some behavior of my deceased dog.  

She was an English Bulldog and she had this thing she would do and we cannot understand it.

She would sneeze in our face sometimes!!  If we were playing with her and got in her face, she would more than likely sneeze in our face.  If we were sitting on the sofa, she would climb up on one of us and look us in the face...and sneeze!!  

I know that Bulldogs are prone to allergies and stuff, but this was not allergy related.

Whenever we would "sneeze" in her face she did not like it!!  Let me add that she was the most gentle creature we have ever known, but she did like to play rough!  We would dominate her from time to time and let her know who is control too.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this?  What does it mean?

My wife and I have been talking about the things we loved about her and oddly enough, we loved it when she would do this.  We miss her so much.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
all dogs have a fetish.

<shrugs>
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't offer any advice on that "condition", but the thought of a bulldog sneezing is just too cute.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Wear a lot of cologne and/or perfume?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wear a lot of cologne and/or perfume?

Nope.

She would also do this to other family members, my brother, sister-in-law, wife's parents, children, etc....

That dog had a lot of personality.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I can't offer any advice on that "condition", but the thought of a bulldog sneezing is just too cute.  MJD

Lemme tell you, she would pepper your face with little droplets of moisture-wasn't sticky-and have this satifisfied look on her face.

Sorta like this>>>>>
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Dogs get the flu, mine have serveral times. Maybe it was a cold.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#7]
My dogs do it too but it is not a sneeze it is more of a strong huff through their nose, I think they are clearing out any smell for a fresh sniff.

The sneezing is prolly due to perfumes on you that you don't even realize are there, like from soaps and detergents, dog’s smell is so much more sensitive and was prolly affected.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dogs get the flu, mine have serveral times. Maybe it was a cold.

Doubt it was that, she did this for years and in any season.

She rarely sneezed any other time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a body language thing. I have a dog that does it when he wants to go out, when he wants to be fed and when we rough play around.
I don't know the exact meaning of it but I suspect its some type of commanding on his part, or trying to show his superiority or maybe a nervous reaction in different situations.....maybe all three.

I've learned to read him pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top