Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/30/2002 4:34:34 AM EST
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/708499/posts?page=1[/url] 'Eating dog meat is a show of defiance, especially among rebellious young people. They feel that the West has no right to criticise their culture,' he said.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 4:50:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:21:48 AM EST
If they want to eat dogs that's fine with me, I've got no problem with that. This is the part that I don't like
Dogs are usually strung up by their necks and beaten repeatedly to increase the flow of adrenaline in their flesh. Consumers believe the more pain the animals suffer, the more tender the meat becomes. The dogs would struggle, howl, urinate and bleed till they become unconscious. Finally, they are chopped into pieces. All these are done in front of other dogs awaiting the same fate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:32:28 AM EST
After living in Seoul, ROK for 2.5 years and visiting a "dog farm" (Ky-gogi is what the meat is called) I can tell you that its not different than any other farm. The dogs are not pet dogs, they are meat dogs they never get socialized. The Koreans don't just eat random dogs either. The meat dog is black in color, about 40 pounds with a purple tounge. (chowish, but not so much hair) This breed of dog has been raised solely for meat for 1000's of years. (Yes, thousands) They were doing this long before anyone ever heard of the new world. Let em' be, I say.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:35:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/1/2002 7:08:54 PM EST by Paul]
We had a Chinese resturaunt thet was closed for substituting dog in the beef dishes. Imaging that, the only AUTHENTIC food around and the GRINGO establishment shuts it down. I would definately try it, Ive actually asked for it at a Vietnamese place but they they became upset. wokin the dog Lebrew
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:43:17 AM EST
My dog is hiding under the bed with his .45 after reading that article.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:54:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By Slacker: After living in Seoul, ROK for 2.5 years and visiting a "dog farm" (Ky-gogi is what the meat is called) I can tell you that its not different than any other farm.... The Koreans don't just eat random dogs either. The meat dog is black in color, about 40 pounds with a purple tounge.
View Quote
That may be the "corn fed Kobe beef" of eatin dogs but when I was in Tague I saw dogs live and butchered ready for sale in one of the open air markets. They were your run of the mill street dogs. That's right, a table full of fresh carcasses and a cage of live ones (lobster tank style) right next to it. Mama San was sweeping up a pile of tails and ears. I couldn't care less if they eat dogs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 5:59:48 AM EST
[pissed]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:05:43 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:15:39 AM EST
Well, I saw the movie. Great ending [;)] Eric
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:41:00 AM EST
It was a comical, but very dark movie. When the little boy from the gang rape group in the bunker at the beginning of the movie said "Did you see her jerk when I cut her?", it gave me the chills. Jay [img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:46:43 AM EST
I do not care what they ate in Asia! I read in North Korea the famine is getting so bad that Cannabilism is on the rise!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:38:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By Slacker: After living in Seoul, ROK for 2.5 years and visiting a "dog farm" (Ky-gogi is what the meat is called) I can tell you that its not different than any other farm.... The Koreans don't just eat random dogs either. The meat dog is black in color, about 40 pounds with a purple tounge.
View Quote
When I was in LA, I was in it's China town. If you go to the butcher you see the normal fish tanks, ducks, geese, etc, in the front section of the store. But... if you go around back, you find the cages of dogs. The store owner didn't like me when I was peeking around, and I saw the dogs. But I just told him I was curious, and that if he could recommned a resturant the serves the dog. He pointed to a resturant down the street and told me what to ask for. I went down to the resturant and placed an order. The waitress had a weird look on her face when I asked for the dish (I can't remember the name of it, though). I have to say... it was good! Nice unique taste all it's own (it didn't taste like chicken). I have to tell you, these are NOT your family pet type dog. They are purely breed for eating. They are really pathetic looking, and dumb, dumb, dumb. They almost make cows look smart.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:41:57 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/30/2002 7:43:38 AM EST by markm]
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: If they want to eat dogs that's fine with me, I've got no problem with that. This is the part that I don't like
Dogs are usually strung up by their necks and beaten repeatedly to increase the flow of adrenaline in their flesh. Consumers believe the more pain the animals suffer, the more tender the meat becomes. The dogs would struggle, howl, urinate and bleed till they become unconscious. Finally, they are chopped into pieces. All these are done in front of other dogs awaiting the same fate.
View Quote
View Quote
The opposite would be true. In the slaughter house, the more stressed an animal is the worse it can grade. for example, cattle becomes "dark cutter" which is discounted and downgraded. stupid yellow bastards. And where's PETA?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:35:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By Guzzler: When I was in LA, I was in it's China town. If you go to the butcher you see the normal fish tanks, ducks, geese, etc, in the front section of the store. But... if you go around back, you find the cages of dogs. The store owner didn't like me when I was peeking around, and I saw the dogs. But I just told him I was curious, and that if he could recommned a resturant the serves the dog. He pointed to a resturant down the street and told me what to ask for. I went down to the resturant and placed an order. The waitress had a weird look on her face when I asked for the dish (I can't remember the name of it, though). I have to say... it was good! Nice unique taste all it's own (it didn't taste like chicken). I have to tell you, these are NOT your family pet type dog. They are purely breed for eating. They are really pathetic looking, and dumb, dumb, dumb. They almost make cows look smart.
View Quote
Thank you Guzzler and Slacker. What is it with people and thinking that we eat all dogs or something. 99 percent of dog eaten is kept to one general breed. I guess the easiest explanation for eating dog was the lack of food on the Korean Peninsula throughout history. Asians eat basically everything that moves and grows, on land in in the ocean. (Especially every part of the cow, [:X*] I dont know how my parents do it) I really think eating dog is not that much different from eating the other weird animals out there, like ostrich, monkey, and snake and blahblahblah. As for the taste of dog meat? Well i really never tried it in Korea, but I had it when i was in Uzbekistan and Krygstzan (Geez, i can never spell that right). The belief there is that the calorie rich dog is good for building strong healthy men. I had it in a noodle soup, and well, it was pretty thick and rich. A lot more filling than beef, something not too common in central asia. Anyway, thats just my two cents of the day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:47:14 AM EST
After reading a couple more of these posts my dog is now under the bed with his M4 loading up the C-Mag. He mumbled something about "They'll never take me alive!"
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:49:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ponyboy: If they want to eat dogs that's fine with me, I've got no problem with that. This is the part that I don't like
View Quote
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:59:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By rkbar15: My dog is hiding under the bed with his .45 after reading that article.
View Quote
Your dog's a sissy!!! Mine grabbed my AR-10!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:29:57 PM EST
Funny thing you guys mentioned this. I was just talking to one of my cousins about this same topic. I noticed that we dont have a stray dog problem since the local chinese place opened. It definitely isnt the dog warden. He hasnt done any real work in years. My cousin had noticed that the pidgeons had disappeared from a large part of the next town since the long john silvers had moved out and a chinese placed moved in. I remember that lot had lots of pidgeons and now it has none. HMMMMMM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:38:04 PM EST
... yeah, and you just now found this out?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:55:09 PM EST
Wow! I'm suprised by the posts,eating mans best friend still seems alittle $hitty to me. Don't some asians eat ground up, dried tiger penis in soup to attain a superior hard on?
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:00:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By byron2112: Don't some asians eat ground up, dried tiger penis in soup to attain a superior hard on?
View Quote
Not just Asians anymore. Some sickos will do anything for a hardon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:06:50 PM EST
I'm starting to get hungry for a hot dog.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:12:46 PM EST
Captain Meriwether Lewis remarked in his journal that he prefered dog meat over elk. Personally, Lab is ok, but Doberman I find a little stringy. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 9:27:22 PM EST
On a business trip to Thailand I was taken to a very swanky restaurant where we all sat at a round table. A waiter brings this monkey out and slides under the table with it. Another waiter slides under to assist as well with a clamping contraption that looked almost identical in design to those halo type devices humans wear with broken necks. The ones that strap on your shoulder and have those clamps that screw into your skull. Anyway this device was more archaic and rustic. While the waiters are a busy underneath, I'm listening to, and feeling the effects of the commotion going on while I stare at a 14 inch hole in the middle of the table, which [b]I[/b] assumed was for a portable burner to set in. Nope. Out pops the monkeys head while the waiters are busy strapping, clamping, and adjusting all the contraptions underneath. During the restraint process it becomes evident that it's very important the monkeys eyes are perfectly peeking over the hole - no more, no less, - so that it has to look slightly up to make eye contact with whatever customers it’s facing dead on, or through it's peripherals. As is custom, guess whom the monkey faces out of respect to the out-of-towners; you got it. At this point there are only two simple words to describe the emotion the monkey and I are feeling; [B][I] SHEER TERROR [/I][/B]. The waiters disappear; well at this point I mistook them as waiters, I guess in this country we would call them busboys. Our Thai hosts who were oblivious to the trappings (no pun intended) around us, tried to engage My American VP of marketing and I in conversation that had something to do with the supply/demand structure and shipping. Suddenly the real waiter arrives in a pristine, pure white, starched shirt coat, and black pants, holding one of the sharpest bowie knives I’d ever seen. The waiter’s team of busboys arrives with these clear plastic shields as the macabre carnage unfolds. The waiter swiftly, and I mean in seconds, applied five or six whacks to this monkeys skull, in a circular pattern, with such force and precision that he cracked it perfectly in half like a coconut. The waiter gently removes the top half of the skull as we all proceed to dip our chopsticks into its brain. I’m starring straight at it, while he or she, still alive, does the same. I was told brain sushi is a delicacy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 12:35:13 AM EST
View Quote
View Quote
Consumers believe the more pain the animals suffer, the more tender the meat becomes.
View Quote
Sick bastards. Maybe someone should try this on one of their newborn.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:13:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 10:41:50 AM EST
I ate a beef steak last night. Isn't that the god of the hindu's ? I also had bacon this morning so I could offend the islamic folk out there. In all seriousness, Nobody has any right to criticize what another culture eats. Sure Koreans eat certain breeds of dogs, but others are bread as pets. If some hindu guy gets pissed at me for eating Vishnu or whatever the diety he believes the cow is, I'll tell him to go screw himself. It isn't any different for the Chinese or Koreans.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:02:02 AM EST
OK, my Dog said he has heard enough of this shit and is asking were he can get his paws on a few ICBM's tipped with multiple mega-ton war heads, he figures he needs about 13.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:13:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:25:29 AM EST
[red][b]NOT COOL!![/red][/b] Dogs is people too!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 11:46:02 AM EST
I saw a show on TV a number of years back about the Chinese eating cats. They took a cat and dipped it in boiling water so they could remove the skin while the cat was still alive. They then threw it into a pool of water to await butchering. Eating animals is one thing - torchering it during the process is inhumane.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:12:10 PM EST
None of our business?Screw that. Dogs are intelligent and loyal animals that can be trained to protect and be a part of your family(besides how much meat can get from a dog compared to pigs and cattle?). These people would subject animals to the maximum amount of terror ,pain and torture....to tenderize the meat?#@!&%! that. Hindu's let cattle wonder the streets freely while their people starve cause they think they're some sorta god on earth? LMAO!! What is this with orientals killing,eating or torturing(tapping a caged bears gall bladder)any animal(even endangured species)cause damn near everything is an"aphrodisiac"or wonder cure?Can't they just check out a Sears swimsuit catalog or somethin?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:20:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:31:34 PM EST
Frankly, I don't buy the "thmubing their noses at the West" line. It's more like, "We are fucking starving and will eat anything that won't kill us."
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 1:35:49 PM EST
markm, Which end of the biz are you in? buying or selling? -legrue
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:17:58 PM EST
They are sick bastards and I'm glad they didn't win the World Cup. Celebration festivities would have included doggy stew.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:35:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By lebrew: I would definately try it
View Quote
Ditto. I'd try it. Cooked up with onions and bellpeppers, I bet its ok.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:58:45 PM EST
I was in Korea in 1964 way far north in the DMZ,Across Imgim bridge and never saw a horse,cow,dog anything on four legs. They must have imported these dogs with their 200.00 a year earnings! When I went in I was 50.00 a month but got 67.50 for overseas pay. The average farmer got about what I was paid in a month for his whole years earnings,so Natch I could have his best weoman,foods,wines(port-a-juice) every thing he could not have. (hence the ugly american). If dogs are indeed good eating I have several bark all night for no apparent reason neighbors dogs that i would gladly kill and send them COD. Lota dryed squid ,OB beer but never saw a dog Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:25:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:33:02 PM EST
DOG MEAT ISN'T THE ONLY THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a little known fact, that the biggest practioners of human cannabilism were the mainland Oriental groups, specifically the Chinese. Let me tell you, the Aztec and Mayan human sacrificsers had nothing on these guys! While Marco Polo commented on the atrocious practice and had to deal with being brough into restaraunts and asked if he would like male or female, or young or old, I am not kidding you, this practice remained fairly common in China UNTIL THE 1820'S. That is right, you could go into any of these fine establishments and order up fresh cooked human 25 years after the Declaration of Independance. They should put that in the multicultural textbook. Furthermore, while that other poster's 'monkey brain bash' story comes straight out of the movie 'Faces of Death' and even the producers indicate the scene was 'almost' faked, their is a philisophical and undercurrent amounting to hatred of nature amongst the Asian Peoples. Case in point - Korea has the factory fishing ship which kills everything within 5 miles of the boat. It has something like 15 times more than any other country. This is the reason why Long Islanders cant catch fish anymore because thanks to those assholes there arent any fish left. Case in Point - The woods in China are empty. If it crawls, flies, eats, shits, howls, guess what, its food. Asian peoples, with exceptions of course, build great cars, have fantastic organizational skills, BUT, if they ever took over the natural resources in North American there would be NOTHING LEFT. I have seen those just off the boat take 4 inch crappie out of lakes and take them home for the grill. You know its amazing, the only people who took the phrase "When in Rome, do as the Romans do," seriously were Romans. If this phrase was taken seriously, New York wouldnt look like a cross between a circus, an S&M parlor, and a vision of hell. That is why New York lost a few buildings.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:34:00 PM EST
This I find very disturbing. For one, with crap loads of people covering the continent like fly's on road kill I do not see why they figure they need stiffer hard on's than they must already have. For two, torturing ANY creature, for whatever reason, is twisted pure and simple. I hope they eventually have to beat each other to the point of perfection in tenderness and eat their relatives. Kinda like this. Hum Gee, we don't have enough food to feed ourselves, so what should we do. Well hell lets just get drunk and screw. Stupid is as stupid does!![sex][thinking][stick]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:41:27 PM EST
Furthermore, the poster who brought up the rape of anumals for sexual drugs, etc. There is a HUGE problem with that in New York and the Northeast in general. When an Asian wants Shark fin soup, the fin was usually cut off the shark and the fish, hundred pounds wait is thrown back in the ocean to bleed to death. This is why you technically cant serve shark fin soup although it is commonly available. Blacksish and Flounder are taken out of season and sold by the truck to Asian restaraunts. There are busts at Montauk and Point Orient regularly. It got to the point that in the mid 90's guys on LI were cutting nets known to be Asian owned because they would take even shitty porgies out of the water. The gall bladders. Oh My God. Every so oftern Fish and Wildlife finds a ring of poachers who nailed deer and black bear into the 10's of thousands for use of the gall bladder in aphrodisiacs. Imagine killing a 400 pound animal like that. However, there is no short supply. Conversations with fish and wildlife always go like this: Cop: DONT YOU KNOW KILLING 100 BLACK BEARS OUT OF SEASON FOR GALL BLADDERS IS ILLEGAL? Perp: No Speak English. Cop: YOU UNDERSTAND THIS ASSHOLE. YOU GO TO JAIL! Perp: Oh me understand perfectly, me know nothing I call lawyer, good attorney, it was FUK ME's fault. No wait, it was SUK MEI OFF. Ben Dova Ben Dova Thats the tip of the iceberg, bobcats, cayote, etc. etc. etc. I get passionate about this cause DSAFALS likes his wildlife! Ireland had this problem in the late 70's. One of their patrol boats actually offloaded the Korean Boat and sank it. Damn I wish I could have seen that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:44:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:47:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/1/2002 7:52:24 PM EST by 321Bang]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Case in point - Korea has the factory fishing ship which kills everything within 5 miles of the boat. It has something like 15 times more than any other country. This is the reason why Long Islanders cant catch fish anymore because thanks to those assholes there arent any fish left.
View Quote
Care to share with us what weapon system they use to kill everything within five miles of the ship? I've watched A-7's drop a string of 500 pound bombs and kill just a hundred meters on either side of the run - now how big a weapon would you need to kill something at five miles? How do the Koreans get all the way to Long Island New York? It would take several months to sail there from Korea? You people!
View Quote
If I were to venture a guess I would say a big freaking generator and some chain/wire, or possibly a 2,1/2 mile net on either side of the boat would probably do a nice job also. They can a hell of a lot bigger nets than that!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:49:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 7:52:42 PM EST
Paul! Gotta get off the drugs. Do you think for one moment I was talking about some fish bomb you nimrod. The 5 mile device is a drift net system which spreads out behind the boat for several square miles but also goes almost all the way to the bottom of the ocean. In that way, when the nets are brought in, everything is killed, dolphins, whales, everything. These factory ships are large enough that the fish is processed on board. This is no 8 man crew boat, but a mini factory. 2nd, These factory boats, just like sailors did for the last 200 years, go to see for 3 to 4 months at a time. I DEFY YOU to take a boat out from Southern California in the Fall and cruise around all day about 15 to 30 miles out and NOT COUNT ONE DOZEN ASIAN FLAGGED FISHING BOATS. On Long Island, the Groges Banks off Cape Cod, and Hawaii it is the same thing. Until the early 90's foreign fishng boats could come within 3 miles of the coast, now it is 15 miles I believe, but that is not enough to stop the damage. Keep ya day job!
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:04:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:02:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/2/2002 3:05:34 AM EST by SeaDweller]
Originally Posted By DSAFALS: DOG MEAT ISN'T THE ONLY THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Case in point - Korea has the factory fishing ship which kills everything within 5 miles of the boat. It has something like 15 times more than any other country. This is the reason why Long Islanders cant catch fish anymore because thanks to those assholes there arent any fish left.
View Quote
Damm right DSAFALS! Plummeting the worlds oceans is an Asian specialty. Though there are countless other countries just as guilty. And I despise the practice of finning, mentioned in your other post. Hell, I don't even eat shark fin soup anymore because of crap like that. Another thing, Chilean Sea Bass will be on the brink of extinction soon. Severe overfishing is taking it's toll on this fish and others, such as Orange Roughy. There's supposed to be a moratorium for a few years, but I doubt the species will last that long. Some of these fish take a long time to reproduce.
Top Top