Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2003 11:10:11 AM EDT
A buddy of mine found out that his girlfriend also slept with one of our friends. He kinda blows it off, but I can tell there's a different attitude when he talks to that guy or even be around him.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Why should it matter if it happened before they had a relationship????????
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
No.  Not at all.  If that was an issue with me, I would have never married her.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
it would kinda piss me off, you know your friend has taken your wife for a ride.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
It depends on how honest she was about it,

If it finally came out and he had suspected and she hadn't been upfront, then yeah that would kind of piss me off,

but if she was open and honest (no gory details just didn't try to hide it)

and it wasn't at the same time as when he was, then there is no way that he could really be mad.

OTOH

Sometimes we know it shouldn't matter, and we know we have no right to be upset,
but it doesn't stop the old thoughts swimming
ya know?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
it would kinda piss me off, you know your friend has taken your wife for a ride.
View Quote

That's one way of looking at it.

Or you could be mature and realize that people had lives before you showed up.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OTOH

Sometimes we know it shouldn't matter, and we know we have no right to be upset,
but it doesn't stop the old thoughts swimming
ya know?
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]
My girl friend just moved to this area. So her past is away from where I will see it.

Thats good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#8]
It didn't bug me when we first started going out..  but when I found that she started having more "encounters" with guys than I was with her over  the relationship, yea.. pissed or bugged would be a slight understatement about how I felt.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, because of it's lasting effects.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone remember the Andrew "Dice" Clay stand-up routine where he points to an attractive woman in the audience and asks her man, "Is she good in bed?"

When the poor sap answers, "Yes", Dice replies:

"How do you think she got that way?"
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
What a bunch of fags.

He should just demand to boink one of her friends and then they'd be even-steven.  Simple as that!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Sure it bugs you. Especially when she's on top and shouts ten different names before she gets to your name.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Yup.

Long Story.

I have my reasons.

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Married a virgin, so no.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What a bunch of fags.

He should just demand to boink one of her friends and then they'd be even-steven.  Simple as that!
View Quote

[ROFL2] I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I married a woman as pure as new-fallen snow and perfectly virtuous.  So the answer is no, her past doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife's sexual past does not bother me.

My girlfriend's sexual past is another story. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Her past wouldn't bother me, but I kinda think it would be weird being friends with someone who had slept with her in the past.  Although in reality one could laugh and presume superiority based upon where she chooses to ride now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What a bunch of fags.

View Quote

If he really wanted to push the issue he could do his friend.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope.

If my doesnt bother her why should her bother me.

My wife has spoken with chicks I have slept with. If I think she is going to meet another, I wil, tell her before hand so she is not caught of guard.

An old flame of mine was my dad ICU nurse. That was FUNNY [lol] You should have seen the looks across the room.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you own a used car?

Then who cares if you have a used girlfriend?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
It's not her past that's getting to me it's the PRESENT, as in I'M NOT GETTING ANY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Married a virgin, so no.
View Quote

Me too!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Same here about the virgin thing.  Sometimes it pisses me off that she slept with me back when I had long hair and looked totally different.  I mean, really!  She musta been nutty or something!  She's got good taste now atleast!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do you own a used car?

View Quote

You're comparing cars to an individual woman? How many Toyota Camrys are made a year? Probably in the tens of millions. How many sisters or mothers of yours are there? I'm thinking one unique person.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#26]
can you prove she was a [s]complete rifle[/s] virgin before the [s]AWB[/s] marriage?  signed documentation?  leave her [s]factory[/s]home as a [s]complete rifle[/s]virgin.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Let's just say I am VERY happy with the fact that she saved herself for me, and I saved myself for her.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
can you prove she was a [s]complete rifle[/s] virgin before the [s]AWB[/s] marriage?  signed documentation?  leave her [s]factory[/s]home as a [s]complete rifle[/s]virgin.
View Quote

Yes.

A)  Personal evidence
B)  Signed attestation by the doctor, who was worried about her "transition".
C)  I trust her, and
D)  She was never a good liar.

So yeah, I know what I got.  Does that bother you?  It's odd that you would ask.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's odd that you would ask.
View Quote

I used to tell the teenagers in the youth group teh wife and I used to lead....

As a virgin, you can ALWAYS decide whther you want to be pure or impure.

But those who choose sexual sin can NEVER be pure again.

You can step down. But they can NEVER step up.

Harsh, but true.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Sex is like soul food, baby.

Savor the flavor, BUT....

for God-sakes don't ask what's in it...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you own a used car?

View Quote

You're comparing cars to an individual woman? How many Toyota Camrys are made a year? Probably in the tens of millions. How many sisters or mothers of yours are there? I'm thinking one unique person.
View Quote

I would like to think I wouldn't marry a camry, a big block chevelle? now were talking.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#32]
nah, not really, i've come to deal with it. she 'got around' in her younger years, but hell, so did i.

if she knew of half the shit i did, and who with, she'd probably shoot me.

we've all got a past, some are just more vast than others.

life is short, play hard.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
can you prove she was a [s]complete rifle[/s] virgin before the [s]AWB[/s] marriage?  signed documentation?  leave her [s]factory[/s]home asa [s]complete rifle[/s]virgin.
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's odd that you would ask.
View Quote

I used to tell the teenagers in the youth group teh wife and I used to lead....

As a virgin, you can ALWAYS decide whther you want to be pure or impure.

But those who choose sexual sin can NEVER be pure again.

You can step down. But they can NEVER step up.

Harsh, but true.

View Quote

Ah, but that's not true.  Unless you don't really believe God is in the redemption business or think you know better than he does after he has forgiven and changed someone.

As the prophet Isaiah says:
"'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord.  'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land...Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water... I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities.'"

When God declares someone righteous and impurities removed, who are we to question him?  I'm not saying there's not consequences to decisions, but God can and does make people pure again, and we are in no position to accuse them at that point.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Does your girlfriend's/wife's sexual past bug you?
View Quote

None of my business, just like MY sexual past is none of her business. More important shit to do.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ah, but that's not true.  Unless you don't really believe God is in the redemption business or think you know better than he does after he has forgiven and changed someone.

View Quote

God's forgiveness neither rolls back the hands of time, nor releases us from earthly consequences.

It merely wipes the slate clean in God's eyes.

Someone who sins sexaully can NEVER be a virgin again.

Its biological fact, and has NOTHING to do with God's forgiveness.

God can even forgive murder, but the dead person stays dead (in the VAST majority of cases)

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#37]
One of my friends is married to an ex-girlfriend of mine.
He hooked up with her after we had broken up and I told him what a complete wild woman she is in bed.

I met my wife the night she had dumped her boyfriend.

Why sweat the small stuff.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a dumb question.

Yes I can prove it.  I'm the one that took her to and from her hymenectomy appointment.  I know the doctor who did it.  She's one of the most sincere people I've ever known.  What reason is there to not believe her after all that?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#39]
When a man tells you how many woman he has slept with,  divide it by 3 for the truth.

When a woman tells you how many men she has slept with,  multiply it by 3 for the truth.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When a man tells you how many woman he has slept with,  divide it by 3 for the truth.

When a woman tells you how many men she has slept with,  multiply it by 3 for the truth.
View Quote

Hey Shane333, what's 3x0?

Yeah, for mine too.
[beer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

God's forgiveness neither rolls back the hands of time, nor releases us from earthly consequences.

It merely wipes the slate clean in God's eyes.

Someone who sins sexaully can NEVER be a virgin again.

Its biological fact, and has NOTHING to do with God's forgiveness.

God can even forgive murder, but the dead person stays dead (in the VAST majority of cases)

View Quote

What gets me in your response is the word "merely".  It shows what you really think about the whole matter.  You cast God's whole plan for history and the entire endeavor of Jesus' life into the dustbin of "merely".  Shame upon you.

What you said was "those who choose sexual sin can NEVER be pure again."  That is wrong.

King David chose sexual sin, and afterwards asked God to "create in me a pure heart."  Do you think God denied his request?  God can make the impure pure.  He can roll back the hands of time.  Or do you place your view of reality ahead of God's?  Do you really know best and think that God has blinders over his eyes.  How arrogant!

The viewpoint that sexual sin is the unforgivable sin really strikes a nerve with me, as it did with Jesus, BTW.  Would you tell any other sinner that they can never be pure again?

Yes, if you murder, steal, cheat, there are consequences that cannot be undone.  But you wouldn't brand those sinners with the Scarlet Letter of unremovable impurity, and you are wrong to do it sexual sinners.

God forgives, and if you want to get into an argument with God about what sort of pig slop your brother (or sister) may have been wallowing in and how that has indelibly polluted him, you might harken back to a story Jesus told about a certain self-righteous older brother.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll just say that I wont invest in a relationship with a woman that doesn't mind "hooking up" and fucking for a one nighter...I don't that particular kind makes for a good mother...

-HS
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, for mine too.
[beer]
View Quote

I bet your wife is as much a keeper as mine.  I can hardly imagine a life without her.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Nah, the past is the past.  I've worked with people who knew my wife (not KNEW my wife) back in the day, so I've heard the stories that she had already said, so I figure she's been pretty up front with me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you own a used car?

View Quote

View Quote

Yes.  Thank you.  People are not objects.  They are far more valuable than that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, I must be weird. [%|]

I actually like to ask my wife questions about her past sexual history, what she did and who with. Turns me on knowing she was a "dirty girl".
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#47]
i guess my [s]words[/s] weren't obvious enough that i was just being a smartass. [;)]

i swear, some of you guys take everything seriously.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, for mine too.
[beer]
View Quote

I bet your wife is as much a keeper as mine.  I can hardly imagine a life without her.
View Quote

Wouldn't want to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My girl friend just moved to this area. So her past is away from where I will see it.

Thats good enough for me.
View Quote

YEAH AND SHE WAS GOOD TOO!

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top