Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 9:28:47 AM EDT

Clarified title
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, zero tolerance, not accessible policy.  you cant post any pics, or any comments.  no youtube, social networks, emails.  but we get arfcom!

ETA:  Thank God for smart phones.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, where I work I haven't even met my supervisor ever or anyone from the company since orentation
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, in fact there is a link on our internal home page to facebook, twitter, ect. Only rule is not on company time, but you are good to go on break, lunch ect

In fact a few units in our company, namely special investigations for fraud uses it to see if we are being lied to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
No policy per se, but lots of reminders not to violate HIPAA via facebook.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#5]
shouldnt need one.  Work time is for work, not socializing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#6]
No policy per se, but I don't follow any. IMO a big waste of time. Arfcom is another story, as far as time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
No policy about social network sites at work. I go on FB.
But.
We are not supposed to post stuff about work on any site.
We are not supposed to take pictures at work for any reason anyway.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Might want to clarify your poll, seems most are reading into just about usage of social networking at work vs. policy of posting about business matters via social networking which puts you in the position of speaking on behalf of the company, which is how I understood it.

Mine is very strict, we're not supposed to mention anything unless it's approved by a specific PR group. I don't even have access to most social networking sites from the company computers.

JRS is good to go!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.

No access to any social networking sites at work, but people have been fired for posting things work related online. Some retard got in an argument with customers on the company Facebook page.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope.

I work very hard to keep my personal and work life seperate. The number of people here that know anything about me other than my name, nationality, and that I have a son can be counted on one hand.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Naw, I'm not surfing facebook, this here is milbook.

Nope, not farting around on twitter, lookee here, I'm reading an inane public thread on eChirp!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Clarification: how do you feel about one that regulates what you say on your own time even on an anonymous board such as ArfKom?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
shouldnt need one.  Work time is for work, not socializing.

Our policy covers social media on personal time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nope.

I work very hard to keep my personal and work life seperate. The number of people here that know anything about me other than my name, nationality, and that I have a son can be counted on one hand.

You drive a Toyota Yaris.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

I'm talking about work. People here on Arfcom know quite a bit about me.

I do not, however, drive a Yaris. I drive an Avensis (Scion tC).
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

I'm talking about work. People here on Arfcom know quite a bit about me.

I do not, however, drive a Yaris. I drive an Avensis (Scion tC).

The Avensis is the tC here? Didn't know that.  The Avensis is supposed to be a very safe car.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Nope. Its up to the managers to keep them working. We did block myspace a long time ago because of all the viruses that people were getting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Avensis is the tC here? Didn't know that.  The Avensis is supposed to be a very safe car.

Yep. Obviously it has a different body (two-door vs four, etc) but the tC is built on the Avensis chassis in the same manner that the xA/xB are built on the Yaris.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#20]
One does (though minimal), the other does not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not even allowed to bring a cell phone into the building, much less check my Facebook.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Obviously it has a different body (two-door vs four, etc) but the tC is built on the Avensis chassis in the same manner that the xA/xB are built on the Yaris.

You learn something new every day.  Thanks MVolkJ!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, but we presently have no way to enforce it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#24]
No access.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#25]
ARFCOM is social networking.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep, they shut down access to Facebook, except during lunch.

The boss cam back and said he couldn't get on Facebook the same day the policy was implemented. (By his order)

I guess he meant for everyone BUT him.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
No.

I was making a shit load of copies one day and surfing here when our IT guy came over and asked what i was doing, I showed him ar15.

He pulled out his smart phone and showed me a vid of him shooting his .40SW.

I told him sw stood for slow and weak.

He sneered and asked what i shot ...

10MM BABY!!

He gave me the old .

Then told me we would have to get together go shooting some time.

Gotta love WV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top