Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:53:43 PM EDT
SEC. 521. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States receiving appropriated funds under this Act or any other Act shall obligate or expend in any way such funds to pay administrative expenses or the compensation of any officer or employee of the United States to deny any application submitted pursuant to 22 U.S.C. 2778(b)(1)(B) and qualified pursuant to 27 CFR Sec. 478.112 or .113, for a permit to import United States origin `curios or relics' firearms, parts, or ammunition.

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny, I thought I heard that US origin c&r's were ineligible for reimportation.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Does this override that?

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Funny, I thought I heard that US origin c&r's were ineligible for reimportation.

I thought I remembered that the reimportation ban was going bye-bye. IIRC it was part of some compromise bill...but that could have been defeated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
When I began building a Garand I couldn't get any reimported receivers, but most of my other parts are reimported.  This was four years ago.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I remembered that the reimportation ban was going bye-bye. IIRC it was part of some compromise bill...but that could have been defeated.

Never heard of such bill.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#6]
From a book by Joe Poyer on Amazon.com

After Congress approved the reimportation of certain military rifles for collecting purposes in 1986, it is estimated that nearly half a million of the 1.5 to 2 million M1 Garands shipped overseas to allied and friendly nations were allowed to be reimported. Collector's snapped them up eagerly and began to restore them to original condition. But the M1 Garand had undergone a such continuous process of improvement and upgrading that by the end of production in 1955, hardly a single part remained as it had originally been designed.

I'm not saying it's gospel, but I have read that they were going to be allowed. It might all be BS, because I have read a lot of BS on the internet.

caveat emptor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top