Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2014 5:40:50 PM EDT
Was thinking of putting it on my 11.5 SBR build.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No.
View Quote
Thanks. Do you have one and like it?

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
No. I have 2
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No.
View Quote

Agreed. Works we'll too. Use to have a video on my phone shooting it on an LWRC PSD, it was pretty badass
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Agreed. Works we'll too. Use to have a video on my phone shooting it on an LWRC PSD, it was pretty badass
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Works well as keeping the muzzle down? The only comparison I've got is the daniel defense muzzle rise mitigator and A2 Birdcage.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Works well as keeping the muzzle down? The only comparison I've got is the daniel defense muzzle rise mitigator and A2 Birdcage.  

I've only shot it on an 8inch gun but yes, muzzle rise was negated
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a breakout and a blackout for two sbrs I'm building last night, and already have two other ones.  I've never noticed a ting when shooting unsuppressed.

FWIW CTD actually had all of these in stock and had the best price by $10 on both styles.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I really like mine.

It's on the rifle
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
No ting on mine either.  With an adjustable gas block and a brakeout, my rifle barely freakin moves.  Love it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FWIW CTD actually had all of these in stock and had the best price by $10 on both styles.

View Quote

FWIW, I would always buy elsewhere...wouldn't care if they sold them for $10.

To the OP, I have one on a 10.3" DDMK18. It doesn't do any one thing great...a compromise against a dedicated brake and flash hider but does a decent job at both.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cool.  I don't want to derail this into a "price gouger" thread.

I will say that it is the first time I have ever ordered from them, and they were the only place other than AAC that carried a 9/16-24 model. (AAC wanted $30+ more for that one)

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah. I can get it cheaper than CTD.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I will say that it is the first time I have ever ordered from them, and they were the only place other than AAC that carried a 9/16-24 model. (AAC wanted $30+ more for that one)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that...but this thread is in general discussion, and as general discussion, to some buyers morality and ethics of companies matter....I'm in Tx and I would still rather give the money to a company elsewhere that will sell it for more or less.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not sure because I'm fucking DEAFENED if I shoot it without a can on it. But on the end of my R15 the gun doesn't move an inch.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Muzzle Brake for the win. Every. Time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#17]

I LOLed.  I award you 87 internets.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not sure because I'm fucking DEAFENED if I shoot it without a can on it. But on the end of my R15 the gun doesn't move an inch.
View Quote

Even with earpro I hear the ting with a Vortex on my 11.5".
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I really like mine.

<a href="http://s717.photobucket.com/user/VolvoTechT5/media/D9EBAA1F-F688-4055-89FB-A417FD4D79A9-7358-0000064123DA99BE.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww180/VolvoTechT5/D9EBAA1F-F688-4055-89FB-A417FD4D79A9-7358-0000064123DA99BE.jpg</a>

It's on the rifle
View Quote

Now I want to choot one of them with the said barrel attachment... Just to see the side fireball.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Are you trying to say go with a full muzzle brake and not the brakeout?

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

51t Brake, yes.

I have 3  with the Brake, 3 with the Blackout and one with the brakeout. To be honest, I can't really tell a big benefit with the brakeout other than it doesn't "ping" like the blackout and if it does, I haven't noticed.

Haven't shot any at night, so can't talk about the flash hiding effectiveness. But the brake stays on target really really well.

ETA: I don't think you can go wrong with the Brakeout, it's a little cheaper and that's a plus, guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
51t Brake, yes.

I have 3  with the Brake, 3 with the Blackout and one with the brakeout. To be honest, I can't really tell a big benefit with the brakeout other than it doesn't "ping" like the blackout and if it does, I haven't noticed.

Haven't shot any at night, so can't talk about the flash hiding effectiveness. But the brake stays on target really really well.

ETA: I don't think you can go wrong with the Brakeout, it's a little cheaper and that's a plus, guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

51t Brake, yes.

I haven't shot a full muzzle brake before and from what I hear they are definitely worth it for keeping the gun flat. I was torn between the brakeout and 51t brake or maybe a battlecomp. If the brakeout makes a huge difference then I would go that route, but I guess a full muzzle brake would be the best.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top