Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:05:14 PM EST
It just seems that I hear nothing but doom and gloom on any media, print or televised, opinions I hear are all defeatist, and no one wants to do anything but get out of Iraq.

Yet, we have only lost 1,000 men in combat. 1 or 1000 is too many, but 1000 is better than 10k or more, etc. The attacks seem almost random from what I hear, and there is little to no "organized" resistance.

So, are the terrorists winning more hearts and minds than we are, or do I just need to stop watching all the liberal media? Are the liberal defeatists just louder than we are? Even on my car forums, the loudest voices are anti-Bush and anti-Iraq, and almost have a joygasm when they can report something bad about Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:09:15 PM EST
Maybe if we start blowing up innocents we can win the hearts and minds too.

(I was being sarcastic)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:11:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 7:13:00 PM EST by raven]
You have to understand it is in the media's interest to present the worst picture possible within their power to help defeat George Bush, and to ignore anything positive that might portray Iraq as anything but a complete failure and mistake.

Iraq isn't perfect, no one says it is. But it is not the hopeless failure the media and the Democrats want you to believe, MUST make you to believe. It's their only hope to regain power.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:16:33 PM EST
the media is not concerned with airing the truth, it's all about ratings and selling ad time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:20:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:11:46 AM EST
BTT.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:14:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:22:27 AM EST
The very nature of our news media made them natural allies with the terrorists, long before the war on terror ever began. Staring in and since Vietnam, this has always been the case. They seem more in tune with the needs and suffering of our enemies than they do our own. So the terrorists don't have to win the hearts and minds of the media, they already had them.

As far as what's going on Iraq, this isn't about hearts and minds. The enemy there simply has the nation by the balls while we play pattycake. They fear them far more than us. So that's why many of the people there keep quite and don't help us. In our desire to not cause any "collateral" damage, not only are we letting many of the enemy slip away, but we are also making the Iraqi people feel as if we aren't willing to fight. They probably feel we'll ultimately be driven out because of this perceived (or perhaps it's real?) softness. Therefore they know that if they side with us now and we do leave, they are doomed. So naturally, they are scared to help us. Judging from how the US has operated for the past 20 or 25 years, I can't say I blame them. I just hope Bush continues to hold firm and un-do our image in the world as the bully who goes home when he gets his nose bloodied.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:10:38 AM EST
They didn't win Russia

- BG
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:40:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/24/2004 2:41:20 AM EST by pale_pony]
stop watching CNN and CBS dammit

it's not even about the war on terrorism anymore, the media is a war with W.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:02:38 AM EST
I don't think there's any question that the "insurgent" attacks are becoming better organized, more frequent and more deadly. Ironically, I'm very doubtful that this indicates growing popular support. I believe the contrary, at least as far as the citizens of Iraq are concerned. I believe the citizens of Iraq are actually becoming more and more fed up with the terrorists and less and less supportive of their activities. I think they are also becoming more frustrated with our inability, and the inability of their government, to stop the bloodshed. All of these feelings of frustration are not mutually exclusive.
I'm also somewhat doubtful that growing popular anger at the terrorists will help us much with our intelligence gathering because I doubt that the average Iraqi citizen knows any of these terrorist guys or where they are hanging out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:37:13 AM EST
I don't believe the "liberal media" on this at all. Walter Cronkite once bragged about the influence on the public the media portrayed about the US losses in Vietnam when and in reality we were winning heavily. The Tet offensive was a last ditch effort to finally destroy the US will to continue the war. The media now wishes to play bleeding heart and will continue to try to represent "their side of the story".The Islamofascists are dying over there and the war on terrorism in the USA is being helped by the war on terrorism on over the globe irregardless of which country is willing to engage the teerorists. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:55:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:10:36 AM EST
The only thing they're winning is a healthy injection of lead from our fighting Soldiers and Marines.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:11:20 AM EST
no.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:17:27 AM EST
The Internet is the only place to get anything like the truth about what is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and the WOT in general.

It does require a lot of reading, if you want your news spoon fed to you you are only going to get liberal crap.
Top Top