Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 3:35:39 PM EDT
Man my wife hates my gun stuff. From the 200 mags laying around the house to the safe in [her] closet with the 27 ammo cans bowing the closet shelf to the 300 shotgunsnew's laying around . I just wondered am I alone? I wish she had the addiction like me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't say she likes it but she sees the need for it. She practices with her .357 and has promised to learn the AR15 when I am done building her lightweight version. She is 4'11" 87 lbs soaking wet and is hell on wheels with the .357! I love to watch her shoot it. She never questions gun purchases. I am a lucky man.

I think you were kidding, but you might try to not infringe on her space so much. I have the basement, she owns the upstairs. Neither of question the others "fashion sense". [:)]

-elliott

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I wont have a wife that doesnt like my habbit. I guess thats why im still single.[shock]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]
When the wife met me I was an active LEO and she was a little into it, but when we started having children, her enthusiasm left.  Sadly, new gun purchases are now a rare event.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I think of myself as VERY fortunate. My wife has her own gun safe, she's my spotter for long range shoot and can outshoot me in trap, long range, pistol, everything. It's fun to watch the other guys at the range. They will sit and stare as she unloads her range bag, loads her own mags, shoots her rifles, field strips them. Plus she's easy on the eyes so she gets plenty of attention. The one plus I have found is at gun shows, i make my best deal on a gun and then turn her loose and she always gets a better deal for me.  Did i mention he has a CCW and carries daily. She does have a sister just like her, maybe we can do an ar15.com raffle. :)

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife enjoys shooting.  This morning I woke up and she asked me if I wanted to go shooting today.  I love that woman!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife is not into rifles, but she loves to shoot revolvers. Her favorite is an eight inch Anaconda .44Mag.(It IS a hoot to shoot it.)

I take her to as many gunshops as I can, because she oftimes talks ME into buying something. Can't complain about that.[:)]

I'm getting her warmed up to the idea of letting me have a SBR AR-15 this year.

"You mean those are legal?"
Sure, babe, just have to pay the tax.
"That looks like fun."

I am blessed.[;)]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
OK guys, I guess that I am extremely fortunate.  My wife approves all of my purchases and discusses the advantage of each.  She has a CCW (I don't) and keeps her Sig 232 handy at all times and a maglite near the bed.  She is good with M4 and enjoys the range as well.  She wants to learn how to shoot my Remington 700 PSS in .308 and also the 12 ga. pump.  If you go to the convention, you will get to meet her there.  She is very excited about the possible opportunity to shoot a .50 cal. with live ammo.

Take care,
white horse
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ice sez..."Does anyones wife like there habit? [guns]"

It can get worse than that...Wait till 'ya get one that really gets into the fun & games.  Lovely Bride is now part of an all-female team sponsored by Smith & Wesson that's going to compete in the Chevy Sportman's Challenge thing on TV.  Rifle, pistol & shotgun.  I'm relegated to family armorer status.  What a revoltin' development...
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife doesn't really hate my guns. But she can't see me spending $1500 for a pre-ban. It is my dream and she can not understand.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OK guys, I guess that I am extremely fortunate.  My wife approves all of my purchases and discusses the advantage of each.  She has a CCW (I don't) and keeps her Sig 232 handy at all times and a maglite near the bed.  She is good with M4 and enjoys the range as well.  She wants to learn how to shoot my Remington 700 PSS in .308 and also the 12 ga. pump.  If you go to the convention, you will get to meet her there.  She is very excited about the possible opportunity to shoot a .50 cal. with live ammo.

Take care,
white horse
View Quote

Whew! white horse, you are one fortunate man. My wife, who is British, tolerates the "peculiar American obsession" with guns, (some days are better than others....she finds old British guns sort of interesting because she can relate to GR and VR on the receivers) but she will likely never go down to the range and shoot unless she discovers new female friends who shoot. And, living in Massachusetts, that might not be likely....

BTW white horse, your sig design is the prehistoric White Horse of Uffington (cut-out of earth into chalk on hillside) in England. Have you ever seen it? I have, but only from a distance.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think of myself as VERY fortunate. My wife has her own gun safe, she's my spotter for long range shoot and can outshoot me in trap, long range, pistol, everything. It's fun to watch the other guys at the range. They will sit and stare as she unloads her range bag, loads her own mags, shoots her rifles, field strips them. Plus she's easy on the eyes so she gets plenty of attention. The one plus I have found is at gun shows, i make my best deal on a gun and then turn her loose and she always gets a better deal for me.  Did i mention he has a CCW and carries daily. She does have a sister just like her, maybe we can do an ar15.com raffle. :)

idaho-ar15
View Quote

I am a certified Massage Therapist that is working on a B.S. in Biology and (hopefully) on to Med school from there. Any chance on hooking your large furry brother up? [:D]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#12]
95th:

I am very familiar with the design.  My signature pic is not an exact duplicate of the orginal Uffington White Horse.  The original has a boxy head with an eye and a beak...looks more like a parrot/horse.  Thanks for the wife compliment by the way.  I feel priveledged.

Take care.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#13]
My girlfriend loves to come shooting with me, but she doesnt understand why I need more than two semiauto rifles (One AR for me, one for her is all she thinks I need).  Oh well, she loves my AR and her Mauser and as long as I give her ammo, she is happy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone cares to see a small album of some shooting my wife and i did last weekend check here.  [url]http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292038285[/url]
I tried to post the pics but imagestation doesn't allow that anymore.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am a certified Massage Therapist that is working on a B.S. in Biology and (hopefully) on to Med school from there. Any chance on hooking your large furry brother up? [:D]
View Quote

If you where any closer to Idaho I'd try, right now she's dating some tree hugger who's real name is Forest!!!! She's bringing him to meet the family next month, my brother-in-law and I are going to be having alot of fun with this guy. You may have to move to Idaho, there are plenty of girls who are into shooting.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
my GF bought me a g22 and a mossberg 590 last year and she's been on the last 2 shoots w/me and now she's interested in 1 of her own.[:D].   she's also a pastry chef and a bartender.[:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey DK,

You have a strange definition of the "perfect" girl for you. I would have thought that the perfect girl would respect that which is important to you. You know, kinda like how you respect what is important to her.

She may be totally fine but she doesn't understand or respect you. You are going to end up begging for your next gun purchase, and friends don't let friends beg anyone for guns.

Good luck buddy!

-elliott

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I am blessed with a woman who besides being my soul mate for over 30 years, is also my gun mate. We both have our carry licenses and she carries a S&W 9mm & I carry a Glock. When we have a day off together we try and make it a range day and blast a case of ammo.  

The only downside is whenever I buy a new gun for myself, I have to buy one for her to keep it fair.  This week I bought a Glock 34 and she bought a S&W 22A target pistol.

Life is good!  [:D]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife is a once in a lifetime friend. Got into shooting and now I cannot keepup reloading. Redone 2 stocks for her prairie dog and coyote 222's. Her longest shot for pd is right at 500yds from crossticks. She has shot 3 deer, tried for a bear, shot 3 pheasants in 6 shots. Has CC permit and can outshoot most guys here. Lets me buy any gun I want. And best of all for Valentines Day and my birthday this month she just gave me a Steyr SSG 69 P1 that she seen me looking at. Said "I just wanted to surprise you once". She damn well did. Went in the gun shop and jewed them down $80.00. Man I LOVE her. This gun she bought me after I just bought a preban and a Colt Tactical Elite that I picked up last night. Wouldn't trade her for nuttin. It sucks when your spouse doesn't have the same interests. Been there done that before.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife sayes that I spend too much on shooting sports, and that I have too many guns.  I told her that it is not possible to have too many guns!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#22]
My spouse to be (April) has her own safe also as I told her that mine did not have room in it for the guns that she was bringing into the marriage.  Met her at a tactical handgun match.  She shoots every match that I shoot, she was trying last night to get me to find a match to go shoot this morning.  Has her CCW and carries a Glock 26.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife hits the range with me when she has a day off. We work opposite shifts, so the time we spend together really matters to us.

Hasnt 'claimed' any firearms to be her own, but has in the past 2 1/2 years bought me a SAR1, SAR2, Yugo M48 as well as a safe, mags and ammo.

Now that I'm into reloading her interest is even moreso. We've talked about what she might like, and aside from working towards our pistol permits, we're thinking a Savage FP10 in .223.

Its great when you find that one gal who might not feel as passionate about your hobby, but supports it just the same.

To add to the that, my daughter will be turning 12 this year and keeps talking about getting her first rifle. I've taken her to the range a couple times already, and I can see that same gleam in her eye that I had at her age.

May not be the richest man in the world, but I could never ask for a more supportive and loving family than I have.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top