Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 8:50:24 AM EDT
*Note: Please don't post anything about season 3 or 4... I haven't seen them yet and don't want it ruined for me. Start a new thread for that.

I tried doing a search for 24, but a minimum of 3 characters are required... so sorry if this is a dupe.

Me and my wife are currently in the middle of season 2 (on DVD). we're up to up to 40. Day 2: 11:00 P.M.-12:00 A.M.

It's not a bad show but there are certain things I could definitely do without... mainly the side stories of all the stupid coincidental shit that happens to Jack's daughter, Kim. By the end of the first episode I was wishing they had all but left her out of the story... she is starting to remind me of the cat in Alien/Newt in Aliens... a PITA that just causes more stress on the hero.

I was totally loving that survival guys bomb shelter. Two years to build it? Does that sound right?

I liked the scene where they caught the guy in the mosque and Jack had to stick his hand down the guys throat to stop him from swallowing the cyanide capsule... and he gave him a few jabs in the jaw when he was biting down.

I could also do without the president's wife... that bitch is pure evil and should have a stake hamered into her chest.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#1]
In terms of Jack's daughter Kim, you ain't seen NOTHING yet.  They should just lock the poor girl up, for her own safety.  But they don't, so expect ALL kinds of silliness with poor old Kim.  That girl is living proof Murphy's law is alive and well

This last season was the best...payback time for a few people that needed it, that's all I'll say.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If it gets worse than it already is then it's down right ridiculous... I suppose if they didn't have the storyline with her then you would only have about three little panes showing the different stories after the commercial break... what a tragedy that would be.

My wife thinks the only reason they keep her in the story is because it keeps the guys watching since she's hot... Personally I could give a rats ass about her...

But I suppose it's just good fiction if you try not to pick it apart too much...

If they changes Jack Bauer's name to John Clark it could probably be a watered down Rainbow Six. I say watered down becaue none of the main CTU chracters are really harcore spec-ops types, but the situations that they deal with are right up there in R6 territory.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched them on DVD just like you are, you got a few surprises in store for you. KIm....what can I say about that bitch. Just once I would like to see a character that always does the stupid shit and actually face the real world consequesces....like being dead. Ans as far as sex appeal, why don't they let it be Nina or somebody else instead of Jack's daughter. One more shot down the front of her shirt Or her running without a bra on. Can't we just have murder and mayhem without tiddies for once? As for the pres's wife.....toss her out the nearest window, without her broom.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
One more shot down the front of her shirt Or her running without a bra on. Can't we just have murder and mayhem without tiddies for once?

Personally, I can't think of too many instances where a nice set of ta tas don't add to my enjoyment.  And as for Kim, well, it's the LEAST the show can do if I have to put up with all of her silliness.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As for the pres's wife.....toss her out the nearest window, without her broom.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Finished season 2 last night. Even though I pretty much knew it would end with everything more or less tied up (from everything that occured during that season).

I really hope in 3 or 4 that Chapelle gets shot or something... that fucker just needs to die a horrible death...

It was nice to see Sherry Palmer get stabbed. I only wish she bled out.

Overall... not a bad season... I figured out that the constant surprise formula is probably overdone as a result of having to take on an entire 24 hours of episodes and they need to fill time without too much dull moments and that keep you hanging for the next episode so that people keep watching. But, it does get played... how the whole continuous disaster compliments of Murphy won't give anyone a break.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I found the same CTU ring tone, and I use it on my Cisco 7960. Kinda cool.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I've seen 24 seasons 1 & 2 as well. The show is very addicting for me. I can't wait to see season 3 and 4.

I find the show kind of realistic in some senses. Almost a little too realistic...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really hope in 3 or 4 that Chapelle gets shot or something... that fucker just needs to die a horrible death...

ROFL...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top