Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/12/2003 7:04:17 AM EDT
...as their permanent mailing addy? If so, how's it working for you and is it worth the cost?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:22:33 AM EDT
Most of the MBE around here are being re-named/converted to "UPS Stores". Don't know if it is a national trend or just being tried here. Pros - You have a more secure mail box than one out on the street or downstairs at the Apt building. You can not pick up for a few days and not have to worry about things piling up or having a neighbor clear your box for you. If you will be moving periodically it makes it a lot easier than changing subscriptions, etc, again and again. Cons- - It can't be used as a residence address if you need to verify residence. You are somewhat dependent on a franchisee staying in business (although MBE's seems to be pretty good about sticking around.). You might not get 24 hour access to your box.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:36:06 AM EDT
The Feds just busted a guy who lives in the town next to me. I guess he was sending m16 parts to the address along with pipe bombs. He owned a bussiness that sold corvette parts and somehow the ATF found out he was buying FA parts for AR's. I guess they went to talk to him and he gave up the parts but his wife called them back and told the agent she missed something.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:40:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cerebus: ...as their permanent mailing addy? If so, how's it working for you and is it worth the cost?
View Quote
Hey Cerebus, You should try to do what I did and get a Mail Box in Delaware. That way you can order Hi-caps all you want. BYW: I hope to see you at the cookout this sunday!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:27:11 AM EDT
I have had a box with them for 5 years now. I live in a RV so when I am on the road I can call them and tell them where to send the mail. It is the address on my drivers license, but the state would not let me use it for my CHL. I have to change that every time I change RV Parks. I have an outside door key to the place so I can check mail anytime I want to. It is better than a PO box. I think it is worth the money.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:57:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2003 11:00:24 AM EDT by Cerebus]
Ric, that was [i]kinda[/i] my idea, but I have a brother in NoVA where I get my mags shipped. I like the idea of using the address for your license. I wonder if PA would let you do that. [>:/] Probably won't make the cookout this time around ...work, house shopping, and preparing to move are eating most of my spare time, weekends especially. But I will definitely be at the next.
Top Top