Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:03:50 PM EDT
I'm starting to play guitar again after quite a few years off. After leaving the band I was in I was pretty burnt out on music and just pretty much stopped playing. Starting up again and still have most of my equipment but I'd like a new classical guitar and wanted a place to do a little research. Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey hey!

I just picked up my first guitar two weeks ago, so I've been looking too.  Put a thread about it over at www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=448314

Cyberfret.com seems to be fairly nice, with a lot of sections and tips and stuff.  (probably not the best thing for a returning vet -- but since "Yankee Doodle" is still technically challenging for me...)  Harmonycentral.com was OK.  

I really haven't found much for tabs that were clearly laid out or intelligible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]

www.musicianforums.com/

The site has changed since the last time I was there, apparently they've changed or upgraded forum software.  

(Yep, I checked Archive.org, and it's the one I remember.)

Jim
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
p.s.--My godin is electric, but I hear their acoustics are fantastic even in professional playing.  Check 'em out.  www.seagullguitars.com/intro.htmThey make Seagull too--very well respected.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of feedback on different guitars.  Find the make and model you're interested in.

www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/#man
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. :)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, found it.  Cordoba 45r.  Went to Guitar Center to try out some different ones.  Was going to buy something a tad cheaper but this sounded better than just about everything else in the room.  Very sweet full tone.  Came with a humidifier case.  So far very happy with it. :)

Red cedar top and ebony fingerboard.

Beautiful rosewood back and cedar neck.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#7]
My brother plays and he goes to this one a lot:

www.hugeracksinc.com/board/

Brian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top