Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:06:06 AM EDT
I just got a bunch from my grandmother that were taken in the late 50s and early 60s. Is there a service that would be able to transfer these movies onto DVD?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You could always do it the lo-tech (not to mention cheap) way & play the film while taking video of it. Then, you can do any needed editing, and then burn to disk yourself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Since my brother does it,  I'd have to say yes, it's possible.

Google for "transfer film to DVD" and you'll get some hits.

CJ
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Walgreens Photo shop will do it, They will charge you $24.99 for the first 100ft then $.18 for every ft after the first 100 ft.

Hopes this helps.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes! My wife got a devise at Best Buy that you do playback thru onto your computer and then burn to DVD. I think she paid around $180
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I had this done for my grandparents films a few years ago.  I just found a shop that would do all the work for me.  It was a couple hundred bucks, but that was 2 DVDs worth of films.  I didn't mind paying extra because the film was cleaned prior to it being put onto the DVDs, everything was spliced and edited for me etc.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Walgreens Photo shop will do it, They will charge you $24.99 for the first 100ft then $.18 for every ft after the first 100 ft.

Hopes this helps.
Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top