Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/26/2001 11:06:23 AM EDT
I have read gunplumers suggestion but want to know if anyone has a better idea.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:27:08 AM EDT
Put it in a lathe and face it off at a 11 degree angle with a facing tool. [heavy]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 11:33:09 AM EDT
I mean to say without a lathe
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:29:40 PM EDT
Brownells sells a recrowning tool that fits the bore.  Some guys report not having very good results with it, though.

If you just have to touch it up, I've heard of using a stove bolt or the like in a drill coated with valve grinding compound.

If you plan to do only one in a great while, have a gunsmith do it.  This thing is critical to accuracy and is one of those jobs left to experts for a keeper barrel. Sorta like stoning triggers.    
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:56:25 PM EDT
If you're asking questions like this, You need a Brownell's catalog. They have every gunsmithing tool or cool gunpart you can think of.
I think they have something that uses the bore as a guide.
If you have a friend who's a FFL. cop. gunsmith, or Dept. Armorer, you can get it wholesale.
Top Top