Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 9:00:02 AM EDT
The program started back after 9/11 that allows pilots to carry in the airport/cockpit. I've looked on some aviation forums and they all act like it's some secret, or maybe they just don't want to draw attention to it since it's been under fire recently (and lose the privileged). Such as here

I understand you have to pay for all your own training and such but when does someone become eligible for this? Commercial? ATP?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
121 airline only.

You do it on your days off and pay your own way down there.  I plan on doing it just to become a better shot.

TC
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have my M4 and M9 on every flight.
750+ rounds of 556, 105 rounds of 9mm.
And a folding stretcher.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The single most effective thing done to prevent another 911 event....and it was a very small fraction of the money spent on protecting the flying public.  

As far as keeping it secret, well, we have a lot of procedures that we don't talk about and haven't talked about publicly for decades.  Why give away details on anti-terrorist/hijacking information?  We have much more important things to talk about anyway...like fast cars and pussy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The single most effective thing done to prevent another 911 event....and it was a very small fraction of the money spent on protecting the flying public.  

As far as keeping it secret, well, we have a lot of procedures that we don't talk about and haven't talked about publicly for decades.  Why give away details on anti-terrorist/hijacking information?  We have much more important things to talk about anyway...like fast cars and pussy.

Just remember to land the plane while you're up there shooting the shit.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I completed the training and was active for 2 years before I quit my airline pilot job and went to the corporate side.

I was very sad the day I had to send my weapon and credentials back.....excellent training, however.  

As far as paying for your training, it ended up costing me 126 bucks for 7 days of intensive first rate firearms and hand to hand trainging plus 3 meals a day all you could eat at a great on-site cafateria......I would do it again in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#6]
What happens if you fly into say LGA and get stopped on the way to the hotel?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What happens if you fly into say LGA and get stopped on the way to the hotel?

Show 'em your credentials that say you're a FEDERAL officer, have a nice day. Same in CHI, SFO, LAX ETC.
Oh, and New Jersey can't confiscate your hollow points.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top