Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/7/2006 9:16:11 PM EDT
what the calorie intake for an active woman should be? I have asked several people and no one seems to know for sure. I do workout regularly, 1 hour of cardio 3x wk, weights 3x wk and have recently gotten a horse so now I have cleaning stalls and chores included. I want to lose 10 more lbs but I have been having trouble with low blood sugar reactions when I try to lower my calorie intake. I eat fairly well, no sugar (except my ice cream almost nightly) and I avoid white flour products so I am finding my intake to be between 1800 and 2200 most of the time. Any advice would be appreciated as I really want to achieve my goal by spring if possible.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:25:23 AM EDT
This is a great website for tracking activity vs. food consumption:

Fit Day

Good Luck.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:03:27 AM EDT
thanks illigb, I will check it out.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:20:08 AM EDT
the last time I seriously went on a fitness kick - don't know what else to call it - had to get fit as quickly as possible while still doing it in such a way to maintain it and not just gain it all back - I got the best results when keeping between 13-15 calories per pound of current body weight and by boosting my protein intake... I also did cardio (kickboxing and bodypump) and lifted regularly, but I didn't have horestalls, which can be a huge amount of total body work... I made sure I stayed in my caloric range while still keeping in the ranges of protein/carbs/fat that I found worked best for me.

I'm babbling...

bottom line that worked for me: 13-15 calories of current body weight with a ratio of 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fat. That makes for a LOT of chicken breast, but it worked for me.
Top Top