Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 10:29:40 AM EDT
If so post pics

And yes I know all about mini14s and the problems they can have.  It is just that I dreamed about having a BA special when I was in Junior High and High School.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If so post pics

And yes I know all about mini14s and the problems they can have.  It is just that I dreamed about having a BA special when I was in Junior High and High School.

Watching those Mini-14's work was the whole reason I watched the A-Team.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If so post pics

Is this it?  May be a CoC/EE violation ....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=317489
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Now I have the theme music stuck in my head.  Thanks a lot!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#4]
dude.clean that bolt up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
dude.clean that bolt up.

I know

Not mine (Dad's) and its been sitting in the safe for the past 15+ yrs!  Didn't have the chance (or solvents) to clean it when I took it out to do the pics.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean the kind that doesn't actually hit anything?  Yeah, most people have one of those.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You mean the kind that doesn't actually hit anything?  Yeah, most people have one of those.

That's the first thing that occurred to me. How many hundreds of thousands of rounds did they expend, along with how many tons of land mines, explosives, etc., and not one death or significant injury in the course of the show? I would have thought that somebody would have gotten whiplash when the jeep rolled over, at least. But them? They practically melted the barrels on those things and didn't get so much as a flesh wound. Talk about morons who couldn't hit sand in the Sahara Desert.

I will go for Roy Rogers' gun, myself. It will shoot that stupid mini-14 out of your hands before you gas yourself to death with your own gunpowder fumes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#8]
what problems do mini-14s have?  I never heard of anything wrong with them?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Not mine (Dad's) and its been sitting in the safe for the past 15+ yrs!  Didn't have the chance (or solvents) to clean it when I took it out to do the pics.

Who lets a gun sit in a safe unused and uncleaned for 15 years?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dude.clean that bolt up.

I know

Scarsdale, huh? Maybe he could pay somebody to clean it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a chance to grab a lightly used Mini-14 with factory (that's the key) folding stock for cheap during the 1994 AWB.  It was gone by the time I got to the gunstore.  

I have a (used -- I will never buy anything from Ruger new) blue pre-ban Mini-14 with the Butler Creek folding stock that I want to convert to A-Team specification.  I got five PMI 30-round blue pre-ban mags from Ammoman ($10/mag ... during the ban!) but have been unable to find a factory Ruger folding stock for a reasonable price.

BTW Season 3 of the A-Team comes out on DVD Jan 31, 2006!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Chuck Norris.  Someone had to do it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the first thing that occurred to me. How many hundreds of thousands of rounds did they expend, along with how many tons of land mines, explosives, etc., and not one death or significant injury in the course of the show? I would have thought that somebody would have gotten whiplash when the jeep rolled over, at least. But them? They practically melted the barrels on those things and didn't get so much as a flesh wound. Talk about morons who couldn't hit sand in the Sahara Desert.

I will go for Roy Rogers' gun, myself. It will shoot that stupid mini-14 out of your hands before you gas yourself to death with your own gunpowder fumes.

There was an episode where they did actually kill a few, can you name it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sound of Thunder?  I thought the only person ever killed by the A-Team was a Viet Cong captain that Hannibal offed with a grenade from a M203.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I could, I probably wouldn't admit it in public.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
what problems do mini-14s have?  I never heard of anything wrong with them?

They don't.  It's just more of the "I heard.............." bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I had a chance to grab a lightly used Mini-14 with factory (that's the key) folding stock for cheap during the 1994 AWB.  It was gone by the time I got to the gunstore.  

I have a (used -- I will never buy anything from Ruger new) blue pre-ban Mini-14 with the Butler Creek folding stock that I want to convert to A-Team specification.  I got five PMI 30-round blue pre-ban mags from Ammoman ($10/mag ... during the ban!) but have been unable to find a factory Ruger folding stock for a reasonable price.

BTW Season 3 of the A-Team comes out on DVD Jan 31, 2006!!!!  

Why is that?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#19]
IIRC the Ruger "Factory" folding stock was made by Falcon (Ind.?), sp it may still be possible to find one.  The A-Team weapons were also I believe 180 series w/o the button BHO.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If so post pics

Watching those Mini-14's work was the whole reason I watched the A-Team.

[MrT]I pity the fool that watched that show. Sucka![/MrT]

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#21]
No, I'm older than 12.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I do recall at least one shooting death: The Bad Guy (TM) was felled by a shotgun blast (I guess even they realised you can't miss with a shotgun) fired by a female who the A-Team was helping. Big hole in chest, blew him overboard off his yacht. Episode name eludes me.

I don't know of any other deaths, but there may be some.

NTM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No, I'm older than 12.

umkay
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Wasn't the "A-Team" gun an AC556?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#25]
It's the one on the bottom:

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't forget to file down the firing pin to make it auto
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a (used -- I will never buy anything from Ruger new) blue pre-ban Mini-14 with the Butler Creek folding stock that I want to convert to A-Team specification.

Why is that?

Boycotting Ruger for their apparent view that civvies are not good enough to own evil devices like the Ruger factory folding stock or the factory high-cap mags.  To me, that says they don't support the 2A and don't deserve my business.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Boycotting Ruger for their apparent view that civvies are not good enough to own evil devices like the Ruger factory folding stock or the factory high-cap mags. To me, that says they don't support the 2A and don't deserve my business.

+ Eleventy Billion!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Family guy did a great paradoy on that...
Putfile link.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Ba ba bum ba!! Bum bum ba! Ba bup ba ba! Bum bada bum ba!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

No, you have it all wrong.

It is the kind that can fire dozens of rounds and only land bullets around people's feet, but that can hit the tires of a moving vehicle at high speeds on the first shot every time....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sound of Thunder?  I thought the only person ever killed by the A-Team was a Viet Cong captain that Hannibal offed with a grenade from a M203.

The only person I ever remember getting shot on the A-Team was Murdoc in an episode where he jumped in front of Hanibal to save him from someone trying to shoot him with a .45...

Murdoc was awesome. To this day I will be in my office and just to freak people out I will start hollering:

I WANNA TARAAASH BAG!!!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
IIRC the Ruger "Factory" folding stock was made by Falcon (Ind.?), sp it may still be possible to find one.  The A-Team weapons were also I believe 180 series w/o the button BHO.

There was one that went on eBay recently for $600.00 I read somewhere..
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
[MrT]I pity the fool that watched that show. Sucka![/MrT]

Aww, you whipper snappers just don't know what you are talking about.

Back in the 80s it was The Dukes of Hazzard, The A-Team, and Knight Rider, the trifecta of 80's cool. TJ Hooker was also fantastic, but that was only because you occasionally got to see Heather Locklear in a bikini....

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a (used -- I will never buy anything from Ruger new) blue pre-ban Mini-14 with the Butler Creek folding stock that I want to convert to A-Team specification.

Why is that?

Boycotting Ruger for their apparent view that civvies are not good enough to own evil devices like the Ruger factory folding stock or the factory high-cap mags.  To me, that says they don't support the 2A and don't deserve my business.

Got any proof of what you say?

Do you own a Glock or a S&W?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

LOL me too
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#37]
tag

I've thought about an A-tema Mini, but i don't want to bubba my GB model.

IIRC, the A-teams were stianless folders, with the aftermarket pinned on FH.

They might have been trying to copy AC-556's. But i have never seen a selector on any of the A-team weapons.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:09:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Got any proof of what you say?

Do you own a Glock or a S&W?

I sure do have proof.  The AWB is over.  Go ask Ruger to buy a factory folding stock or high-cap mag for the Ruger Mini-14 ... they won't sell to you if you're non-LE.  That's supporting the second amendment?  Hell, they wouldn't even do it DURING the AWB, when it was perfectly legal for them to sell factory folding stocks for pre-ban guns.

I repeat, I will never buy a new Ruger.

And my Glocks and S&Ws are also all USED (or for my two S&Ws, pre-HUD agreement).  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Wasn't the "A-Team" gun an AC556?

Yes it was.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The only person I ever remember getting shot on the A-Team was Murdoc in an episode where he jumped in front of Hanibal to save him from someone trying to shoot him with a .45...

Yeah that was Murdock ... he jumped in front of Hannibal and then they went into a "flashback" episode.  Normally I cannot stand flashback episodes but seeing him wheel BA around in a wheelchair was too funny.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ba ba bum ba!! Bum bum ba! Ba bup ba ba! Bum bada bum ba!!!

BASTAGE!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#42]
a little late, but what the heck......

i remember buying a ranch model back in '87 or so, from a cop out of his house. i completed the deal, and he came back out with a factory folder in a bag that i declined to buy because i didn't have the $100, and wasn't forward looking enough to see what lay ahead as far as weapons laws were concerned.
ruger sold factory folders to the general public for about a year and a half, but sold the stock by itself to law enforcement for about another 8 years, so there were plenty of them out there, but that didn't enter my thinking untill recently.
i'll get to that in a sec.

the wife bought me a used 184 series with factory folder for a christmas present, back around '92, and it was cheap enough @ $375.

the gun only screwed with me in one way, but it was really magazine related. sometimes the bolt would come back and the top bullit or two would go flying out of the receiver, but a couple of subtle feedlip bends took care of that, and even now, those cheap-ass USA mags work great, as does the gun. it's not a tack driver, but it does as it was designed to do without a hiccup.

i did learn something about it though as i was surfing for high cap mags concerning factory folders , that bummed me out.
notice the slingmount position in the pic below:

if you ever come across a factory folder with the sling mount on the bottom of the gasblock, that gun did NOT leave the factory as a sidefolder.
a true factory sidefolder has the sling mount on the side of the gasblock, so i now know i bought and own a regular mini-14 that had the stock swapped out on it.  
i read that e-gay will noccasionally have factory folder stocks going for around 400 clams.

i also found out that ruger no longer makes 30 rounders for anyone. i think i read that it's been 2 or 3 years since production stopped, but if you look around, you can buy factory 20 rounders.

i got these from cals for $34 a pop.

it's kind of like trying to get a colt le6920, they're not easy to find, but they are out there.
as far as the A-TEAM goes, i hardly ever watched it, but i did catch a few of the shows, and everyone's right, pretty much no one ever got hit. the gun is still cool though.

edit to add an A-TEAM link that contains some gun information.
www.xs4all.nl/~jmm/a-team/afaq3.html

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#43]
gunsandplanes, that's a nice lookin' gun.  The used pre-ban factory folder I missed was also around the same price, $400.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top