Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:28 PM EDT
I really could give a rats ass.  I guess since they are on top and are supposed to win, I wanted them to lose.  

Good win Steelers.  Bettis' butt I bet is real sore right now from being clenched so tight in the last minute of the game.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
And I hate his commercials.  Only rivaled by the BK king commercials.  

I would have to draw down on that clown if I ever saw it in person.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
its just a game
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
its just a game

+1 Get over it!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm all broken up about his loss today.
NOT!

GO STEELERS!!!

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah I find those commercials condescending.  Rich football dude makes joke out of getting the salad bar guys apron.  funny.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Peyton is not a clutch player...He will rack up huge stats during the year and make Canton, but that is it for him...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Stupid commercials and he should have a little more class...ain't like he's gotta make a few bucks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I find those commercials condescending.  Rich football dude makes joke out of getting the salad bar guys apron.  funny.

+1...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell NO!!! Especially after he called out his offensive line after the game

GO STEELERS!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell NO!
Guy is making a shitload of money for playing a game. Good for him but no sympathy from me.

His offensive line was pathetic today though. When 6 guys can't stop 3 they've got a real nut problem. Same goes for the DB's. Awful performance. Just standing there don't cut it guys.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hell NO!!! Especially after he called out his offensive line after the game

That was in poor taste I thought...especially since Peyton can't move at all. I'm not a Michael Vick type QB fan, but come on...even Big Ben can move, as shown by him saving the day on the fumble...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#12]
While I am at it I will say that I think Tony Dungee let his team down. They've had some really fine teams in Indianapolis over the years and this was the best shot they've had yet.

I know it's his family and I know it's just a game. But it is a big business also and there is a helluva lot at stake.

Shit happens. It has happened to me plenty. But life goes on. My patients needed someone to take care of them and there is not always someone else who can, or should have to, do your job for you.  I know that sounds harsh but that is the way it is in the real world and in the real world results are what matters. Good intentions and feelings don't mean shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
bummer, who cares
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Peyton is not a clutch player...He will rack up huge stats during the year and make Canton, but that is it for him...

+1

He seems to lack the killer instinct to make his team succeed in critical games.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was just desserts for a team that did everything possible to prevent
Steeler fans from getting tickets to the game. The Colts ticket sales would not sell
anyone with a 412 area code tickets to the game.

I think Peyton is a big cry baby and I love it when he loses.

(I am also a lifelong Steeler fan so I had a great day).

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:20:28 AM EDT
[#16]
As a life long STEELER fan, I loved the outcome yesterday, but it all does not rest on Peyton's shoulders.  

The Colt's defense was non existant.  We moved the ball almost at will and kept Peyton and company off the field.  The best way to keep the Colt's from scoring is to run the ball and that one of the things the STEELERS do well.

I also think that Tony Dungy, a man and coach I have A LOT of respect for, was simply out coached.  Cower and company had the defense ready and blitzed judiciously, with a positive outcome.  The officitaing was also horrible.  Several calls for and vs. Pittsburgh were just plain awful and the QB sneak failed, but we got a VERY generous spot from the side judge.

Getting back to the topic at hand...PEYTON MANNING...it was really out of character to call out his offensive line and I also thought it was REALLY arrogant of him to force the punting team off the field on that 4th and 2 play...but he made it happen, so what's a coach to do.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Did anyone see the Mastercard remake of his "D-Caf" commercial???

They showed the outtakes.

They showed about 8 clips of him flubbing the lines.

The punchline:

"Not being perfect:  Priceless"

No, I am NOT joking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#18]
If the Colts had been undefeated up to Sunday, yes I would have been disappointed.

I would like to have a team run the table in the current era.  I'm tired of hearing about the '72 Dolphins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top