Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/18/2002 9:56:59 PM EST
Does anyone feel avenged yet? I know i don't ,I want the sands in arabic lands to run red with arab blood.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:06:08 PM EST
Make no mistake, I will shed blood for my country; but, sitting in this twilight zone of a late night that borders on insomnia, it occurs to me that although there is no doubt about the source of the vast majority of terrorism directed at the United States and our allies, this type of comment, while passionate, and probably motivated with intense patriotism, borders on an endorsement of genocide.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:27:41 PM EST
Jrzy, I know I sound like Bubba here, but I do feel your pain. Believe me I do. However, soaking the sands of Persia with blood will only make the problems we face worse. I believe it is precisely because of our interventionist foreign policy over the past umpteen years that we have beecome the targets of Islamists. In order to end our vulnerability to such attacks, we have to make a radical and fundamental shift in our foreign policy. That change would boil down to some simple points: No more foreign intervention, no more foreign aid, no use of force against other nations unless in self-defense. To paraphrase something Washington said, we should trade freely with all nations, but fight for none. Stay strong Jrzy, focus on yourself and your family.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:33:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By IMHO: Make no mistake, I will shed blood for my country; but, sitting in this twilight zone of a late night that borders on insomnia, it occurs to me that although there is no doubt about the source of the vast majority of terrorism directed at the United States and our allies, this type of comment, while passionate, and probably motivated with intense patriotism, borders on an endorsement of genocide.
View Quote
Yeah and what's your point? Did you see the pics of those innocent little children and baby's that were on those flights that plowed into the towers? I am pissed to the extreme that I no longer have compassion for all arabs that shoot their guns in the air and celebrate the death of those children. Here in nj they had a party to revel in our misery,the police told them to go back into their homes or they said they would leave. They were there to protect those arabs from pissed off Americans,they started talking about their rights to assemble and speak freely and the Lt. that was there said go ahead but we are leaving. They weny back into their homes and remained there,good thing they did.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:36:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 10:36:56 PM EST by IMHO]
Originally Posted By jrzy:
Originally Posted By IMHO: Make no mistake, I will shed blood for my country; but, sitting in this twilight zone of a late night that borders on insomnia, it occurs to me that although there is no doubt about the source of the vast majority of terrorism directed at the United States and our allies, this type of comment, while passionate, and probably motivated with intense patriotism, borders on an endorsement of genocide.
View Quote
Yeah and what's your point? Did you see the pics of those innocent little children and baby's that were on those flights that plowed into the towers? I am pissed to the extreme that I no longer have compassion for all arabs that shoot their guns in the air and celebrate the death of those children. Here in nj they had a party to revel in our misery,the police told them to go back into their homes or they said they would leave. They were there to protect those arabs from pissed off Americans,they started talking about their rights to assemble and speak freely and the Lt. that was there said go ahead but we are leaving. They weny back into their homes and remained there,good thing they did.
View Quote
OK, OK. . . I guess I'm jumpin' on people a bit too quickly tonight and interpreting their posts in the extreme.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:37:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By Kaiser_Soze: Jrzy, I know I sound like Bubba here, but I do feel your pain. Believe me I do. However, soaking the sands of Persia with blood will only make the problems we face worse. I believe it is precisely because of our interventionist foreign policy over the past umpteen years that we have beecome the targets of Islamists. In order to end our vulnerability to such attacks, we have to make a radical and fundamental shift in our foreign policy. That change would boil down to some simple points: No more foreign intervention, no more foreign aid, no use of force against other nations unless in self-defense. To paraphrase something Washington said, we should trade freely with all nations, but fight for none. Stay strong Jrzy, focus on yourself and your family.
View Quote
Thank you for the kind words,i am not prone to do something stupid,as with most of us i am concentrated on protecting my family and am not contemplating anything stupid. As to the other point of your post ,yep we need to mind our own business and stop being the policemen of the world. But were the good guys right? Atleast thats how i always pictured America.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:25:03 AM EST
I feel avenged to some extent, but I won't feel SATISFIED until we hunt down and kill every member of Al Quaida.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:30:22 AM EST
I want the heads of the ones responsible. NOT the heads of those who happen to be of the same nationality of the ones who did it. ANYONE is free to hate me. My only beef is those who turn that hate into action.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:35:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:35:30 AM EST
No, I don't. They don't seem broken yet and their resolve is still strong. I know this is still just the begining for us, so I still wait ready........
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:36:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By garandman: I want the heads of the ones responsible.
View Quote
EXACTLY...nuff said........
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:40:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By ChrisLe:
Originally Posted By garandman: I want the heads of the ones responsible.
View Quote
EXACTLY...nuff said........
View Quote
AND the ones who support them!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:40:51 AM EST
I feel like I've been treated to a "dog & pony show" by our govt.. I do not see a lot of "results" or "solutions", just some shot up landscape. I don't see our military action in the Middle East as effectively preventing further attacks here, but that's just me. It would be nice to be able to get a real handle on just how effective our efforts have been.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:44:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:56:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:01:22 AM EST
For me it's not about revenge. Revenge is a tricky motivator, and can lead you many places you wouldn't ordinarily want to go. I see it more as pest control, sort of like spraying for cockroaches in the kitchen.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:07:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By Johninaustin: ...I see it more as pest control, sort of like spraying for cockroaches in the kitchen.
View Quote
That's a great way to put it! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:08:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/19/2002 7:14:42 AM EST by sniper1az]
I agree on the "green glass " myself but it will never happen. Do I feel avenged ?. NO , not at all. But we are making headway against those assholes of humanity. FBI Agent neighbor has 3 convictions from 11 , September . It is a slow process. And we all want the justice to be handed out yesterday. But these things take time. The best thing we could do to f@%k up the Muslim world would be to establish a Democratic form of government in Saudi Arabia ! Maybe get a woman President ! With no burka , just a mini skirt ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! That would be justice !
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:15:32 AM EST
Hey Garandman, It's a mistake to view this as a law enforcement situation. This is a war, and if you believe we can find those responsible, eliminate them, and then this will all be over, you are kidding yourself. The only humane way to prosecute a war, if there can be a humane way, is to end it as quickly as possible. The way to end a war quickly, and still win, is to make the enemy lose his will to wage war. In WW2 we accomplished this by reducing entire cities in Germany and Japan to ashes. Thousands upon thousands of civilians were killed in one of the most horrible manners imaginable. We weren't really at war with most of those killed. Certainly the small children and babies that suffocated before being burned to ashes in the firestorms were not our ememies. It was the fanatic Nazis that dragged those innocents into the hell of war. Near the end, the fear of total destruction outweighed the fear of their leaders for some Germans and there were attempts to eliminate the Nazi leadership. To me, the fanatic Islamic leadership today is much like the Nazi's were. We can't win the hearts and minds of the Islamic population, we have to CHANGE their hearts and minds. We can't reason with them, we can't send Bill, and Jesse, and Oprah over there (hmmmmmm...), to talk things out. We must kill them like ants in the kitchen without mercy or remorse until they cry out "no more". If they all must die to keep MY children safe, so be it. If I must die to keep my children safe, so be it. Make no mistake Garandman, YOU are their enemy, simply because you exist.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:14:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By ilikelegs: I feel jerked around and lied to.
View Quote
Lied to about what? And by whom?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:22:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By rn45: We are going nowhere until we recognize our true enemy and destroy it. That enemy is Saudi Arabia. We want their oil, they want our money, .
View Quote
I'm not sure I agree with your premise, but let's accept for the moment that its possible. Anyone who says we have to go to war against Saudi Arabia is lying to us. All we have to do is open up our own oil reserves off Nova Scotia, Florida, and in Alaska, and Saudi Arabian oil suddenly sells for $0.37 a barrel. End of Saudi Arabia. They again become a bunch of nomads. Which is what makes me suspicious. We keep sending the Suadis money for oil (when we've got our own oil at a fraction of teh cost) so that the saudis can keep terrorizing the Israelis, so we can keep sending the Israelis money. This tells me SOMEONE is lying to me. And it seems like the REAL end game here is to bleed America to death.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:25:02 AM EST
I won't feel avenged until every person even remotely involved with the attacks on 9/11, have been made to account for their actions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:28:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/19/2002 8:33:53 AM EST by garandman]
Originally Posted By jakesdadjake: Hey Garandman, It's a mistake to view this as a law enforcement situation. This is a war, and if you believe we can find those responsible, eliminate them, and then this will all be over, you are kidding yourself. The only humane way to prosecute a war, if there can be a humane way, is to end it as quickly as possible. The way to end a war quickly, and still win, is to make the enemy lose his will to wage war. Make no mistake Garandman, YOU are their enemy, simply because you exist.
View Quote
I don't dispute that. Nowhere have I said that "getting those responsible" wouldn't mean "total war." My problem is what I perceive as "enjoyment" at the thought of a million or more dead Arabs, who had little or nothing to do with Sept. 11. Fact is, they are as repressed by their "goverment" as anyone in history has been. War is hell. And the keyboard commandoes who frequent here are NO different than the Washington Weaklings who LOVE to declare war, as long as someone elses grandchildren go fight it. And let me add - The fact that we Americans at least ATTEMPT to distinguish the innocents from the perpetrators, and find NO joy in killing innocents is the BIGGEST distinction between us as Americans, and the Nazis and alQueda that we fight against. The bloodlust and desire for indiscriminate genocide I see here makes me think that distinction is narrowing. Y'all know who you are.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:31:12 AM EST
And what I find VERY interesting is that I, who has been called a religious bigot, and accused of forcing everyone to beleive they way I do, am one of the few defenders of the (even if it relatively few) innocent Arabs who practice a religion anti-thetical to mine. Interesting indeed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:32:52 AM EST
not till we see osama bin laden's head on a pike, and maybe saddam hussein up there next to him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:02:49 AM EST
We can only feel avenged when the organization that put this in motion is dismantled. They are world wide, and well trained. It will be a long fight, and one we will have to stay focused on. Too much focus is being put on dismatling our current administration here. The Democrates and the Media are too involved with the mid-term elections of this fall. They would like to distance themselves from the work at hand. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:09:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By jrzy: Does anyone feel avenged yet? I know i don't ,I want the sands in arabic lands to run red with arab blood.
View Quote
Did you lose anyone on 9/11?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:09:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By rn45: [ You raise some interesting points Garandman. However, we'll have to agree to disagree on the term "innocent arab". I don't believe there is such a person.
View Quote
Well, if your opinion is in the majority, that's some REALLY crappy news fer them. [}:D]
Top Top