Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 6:24:28 AM EDT
...and all that other rubbish?

Apparently some CD was found in Iraq or someplace that has information about schools being a target, and Florida was one of the states listed.  Everyone is all in a panic now.

I work at schools, in Florida, and I couldn't possibly care less.  WTF am I supposed to do about it?  Not go to work?  Take a gasmask with me?  Bring my AR and 10 mags of ammo with me?  Christ this is stupid.

When the DC "snipers" were roaming around I was visitng the area.  It never once crossed my mind to in any way alter my behavior because I might get shot buying yarn.

Does anyone else just not give a shit about all these terrorist warnings & "threats"?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:27:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not give a shit.

well a little.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#2]
"Go about your Business!"
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It's no concern of mine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The level system is a thing to keep the sheep riled up. Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:39:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Terrorism simply doesn't work if we don't let fear alter how we live. Besides, any objective evaluation shows we're in more danger from the traffic on the way home than from terrorism.

I refuse to go through life afraid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless they say "there is a red terror alert level in the vicinity of guman0's home," who cares?

The general threat level is stupid, and was never meant for the public anyway.  The way I understood the idea was that, it was supposed to be readiness levels for police and fire deparments.

I think the public notice is just a CYA measure.  So if everyone dies tomorrow the goverment can say, see we told you with "yellow" threat level.  You should have paid attention, it's not our fault.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I TOTALLY don't care about them.  They're useless, and designed to keep people in a constant state of fear.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Alert - yes
Afraid - no
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't pay much attention to it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
[...]
Does anyone else just not give a shit about all these terrorist warnings & "threats"?

Yeah, but only because nothing ever happens despite them. Once we hear a warning that is then followed by something bad happening, our reactions will change drastically.

I take it as a good sign, that we're doing something right - when the warnings don't spook us.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When the DC "snipers" were roaming around I was visitng the area.  It never once crossed my mind to in any way alter my behavior because I might get shot buying yarn.

I'm far more concerned about you buying yarn than I am about the "Terror Wheel O' Color".
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]
There still using that alert thingy?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm far more concerned about you buying yarn than I am about the "Terror Wheel O' Color".

You haven't seen norman74's hand crocheted ghillie suits have you?  They are top of the line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top