Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2002 12:18:01 PM EDT
those stupid "club cards" that you need to get the sale prices on stuff at stores now days.  First it was Safeway now QFC has one.  If they can sell it to me at that price when I have their g@dd@mned card, whay can't they just sell it to me??!!  Just pisses me off! Rant off
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Then you're REALLY gonna hate "The Mark of the Beast."  Only those who possess it will receive DEEP discounts on all sorts of cool merchandise. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly it saves Safeway millions now that they don't have to mail out coupon books.[rolleyes]

Better get used to it cause the whole idustry(probably all large retail chains)is headed in the same direction.

Someday you'll be recieving "personalized" offers on your computer and through the mail based on the use of your card. [beer]

Its the next level of marketing,getting more intimate,taylored details on the target customers.Less of a scattershot approach(less wasted money and effort).

Besides you don't expect them to give you the best deal without you giving them something in return......do ya?[devil]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Its ALL a bunch of CRAP!....I hear it at the grocery store check out automation Isle, and see it on the sale stuff I buy."You saved 28cents here,you saved 77cents there",they act like "OoOoO"your so special".... they're playing the dummies.LOOK honey I saved us $44 dollars on the grocery bill.....lets go out to eat with the money I save us[rolleyes]CUT COUPONS YOU BITCH! thats how you save money!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The local Kroeger has marked up prices. The "Kroeger Card" discounted price is the same price as across the street at Albertsons. If you dont have the card, you get anal probed.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like them either. I only have one since they usually have big discounts on beer with the card. FWIW Albertsons doesn't use those cards.

More importantly it lets them track what you buy and gives them free marketing information.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Albertsons ownes Fred Meyer which ownes QFC
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
It's just WRONG!!!![50]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just shop at Wal-Mart Supercenter. They have a huge grocery store PLUS you can buy DVD's Shotgun shells, a new toaster.... whatever. They have no such cards, and their prices are better than most.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
i agree, in michigan we have farmer jack stores, and they have 2 prices for everything, the bitch is, meijer down the road, has the same price without the bullshit hassle, wanna guess where i shop now?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate them too.  Here in Utah we have "Smiths" a regional grocer that plays this game.  Try this fun new game.  Every time you meet someone new trade them your club card for theirs.  In a few months you will have no idea whose card you have.  Take that you info gathering creeps!  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quite simply go to one,not your regular,and give goatboys info(or make some up) on the application.GOATBOY IS EVERYWHERE!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't like them either. I only have one since they usually have big discounts on beer with the card. FWIW Albertsons doesn't use those cards.

More importantly it lets them track what you buy and gives them free marketing information.
View Quote

Well, here in Texas, Albertsons always promised that they would NEVER go to the membership card thing....well, they recently did!!!!  Now every Albertson's has JACKED UP their prices and the card gets you the price that it used to be.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#15]
223 said, "Just shop at Wal-Mart Supercenter... They have no such cards, and their prices are better than most."

I used to buy Wal-Mart's luncheon meat until I noticed all the water in their meats along with grissle. Plus I feel that I'm supporting China when I go in there. So I avoid them as much as possible. I found me a good store and didn't mind paying more.

However, you should know that I've since then even left the good store and found me a health food store.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Keep shoppin at Walmart and the only choices we'll have is all that chicom garbage they offer and the goodwil,Walmart groceries or McDonalds.

And everyone workin in the retail and grocery businesses will be working part-time for $9.00 an hour.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Then you're REALLY gonna hate "The Mark of the Beast."  Only those who possess it will receive DEEP discounts on all sorts of cool merchandise. [;)]
View Quote

Didnt you mean deep discounts on all sorts of "HOT" merchandise?

Oh crap, here I go...

I tell ya. A cashless society would DEFINITELY fit the bill for "The Mark". This could be a whole 'nuther string, but what do you think will be their mark? Iris scan? Credit Card? Epidermal implant? I can hardly wait. I hope I'm dead before I have to deal with that bullshit.

If ANYONE here thinks a cashless society is good. You do not belong here.

Just wait...Sams' Club will be offering an Iris Scan just so you can save 3% on a bag of Doritos and an ink cartrideg refill!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Just wait...Sams' Club will be offering an Iris Scan just so you can save 3% on a bag of Doritos and an [red]ink cartrideg refill!!![/red]
View Quote

Wait a minute... your on to something there... those damn Ink cartridges are expanseive as hell..... [:d]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top