Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 7:25:20 AM EDT
...Helicopters pass over you?

I don't know why. I think helicopters as machines and instruments of war are cool and all, but when one of them pops up over me unexpectedly, it makes me nervous.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
OMG!  Me too!  I also shit my pants every time a microwave oven beeps!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't know why. I think helicopters as machines and instruments of war are cool and all, but when one of them pops up over me unexpectedly, it makes me nervous.

No, I live near Quantico so I hear choppers and things going boom all the time. Sounds like freedom to me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Naw. It's the phone that makes me jump!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Dumb threads make me paranoid.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#6]
They can see you even under trees.

They track you with infra red and shine lights in your backyard.

They are watching you.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How the fuck do they "pop up over me unexpectedly?"  You can hear them for miles.  And if you live in NC, you probably have a lot of Bragg helicopters flying around.

Don't worry, unless you are trying to make a nuke in your kitchen, nobody's going to fast rope into your backyard.

Reminds me of this wack job in VA that shot a news helicopter that landed near his house.  The helicopter didn't even realize they had been shot at, but then old dumbass goes and cuts his rifle up with a saw.  He got arrested anyway, and hopefully, committed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
No.

Our local GA airport has had a major expansion in helo flight ops over the last couple of years.

I can ID almost anything that flies over the house by sound alone.  The only thing that pricks up my ears is when the Sheriff's Hughes (MD) 500 make a low pass.  Usually means they're looking for someone.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Ar you kidding? I almost always have to look and see if it's military, and what kind of bird it is. I love helos.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They can see you even under trees.

They track you with infra red and shine lights in your backyard.

They are watching you.

Sgtar15

Yes! There is one outside your window now in whisper mode!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How the fuck do they "pop up over me unexpectedly?"  You can hear them for miles.  And if you live in NC, you probably have a lot of Bragg helicopters flying around.

Don't worry, unless you are trying to make a nuke in your kitchen, nobody's going to fast rope into your backyard.

Reminds me of this wack job in VA that shot a news helicopter that landed near his house.  The helicopter didn't even realize they had been shot at, but then old dumbass goes and cuts his rifle up with a saw.  He got arrested anyway, and hopefully, committed.

Nah, other side of the state. By unexpectedly I meant... aw, screw it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#13]
maybe we should move to ban them, for the kids you know
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Just don't shoot at them... but if you do, you lead helicopters by one football field.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard that if your pour hot bacon grease on your head, FLIR cannot pick up your trace.
Anybody try this yet?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate when I'm walking down the sidewalk and a dog comes out after me so I end up stepping onto the street right in front of the bus.  The bus hits me but I don't feel a thing and come to find out I am still standing there.  All the people on the bus look strange, like they suffered a tragic ballooning accident over the River Thames.  When I find myself in front of Kentucky Fried Chicken I learn that there is no extra crispy that day and the potatos are a little dry.

One time after this happened I stubbed my toe on a curling iron that Annette Funicello's neice left in the hottub.  It didn't work anyway since the green jello got into it right next to the french poodle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I love it! Reminds me the cry of "bird inbound" on a PZ somewhere, flying in the door with my knees to the breeze and a '60 on my lap, and flying NOE....I get goosebumps when the local Blackhawks go by, I wish they'd come lower.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I love it! Reminds me the cry of "bird inbound" on a PZ somewhere, flying in the door with my knees to the breeze and a '60 on my lap, and flying NOE....I get goosebumps when the local Blackhawks go by, I wish they'd come lower.....

M60, huh, you date yourself.  

It is fun, though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M60, huh, you date yourself.  

It is fun, though.

1982-1990. Started out with pickle suits, steel pots, and M-16A1's, and no M-249, young'un.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#20]
The only time helicopters fly over my neighboorhood is with searchlights looking for the perp that robbed the local 7-Eleven/Quik-E-Mart/what-have-you.  Then I wonder if the guy is on my street.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]

(Zen quickly looking both ways and back again, with a frightened look on his face and a shaky tremble in his voice)

"It's the Cong man, ... the're everywhere"  

Zen
"This is my black helocopter, there are many like them, but they are after me"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
(Zen quickly looking both ways and back again, with a frightened look on his face and a shaky tremble in his voice)

"It's the Cong man, ... the're everywhere"  

Zen
"This is my black helocopter, there are many like them, but they are after me"

haha, The Vietcong don't have helicopters.  Chralie's the who lives behind your trash can, on one bowl of rice a day... growing stronger.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Low-flying planes made me a little edgy after September 11th.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#24]
It's the only thing (sound) that reminds me of 'Nam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top