Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 12:45:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry!

I think the only countries that make the FNC are Belgium, and Sweden (Contracted copy, the Bofors AK5).  More than likely, neither would make a semi auto only even if the '89 and '94 bans would allow it into the US.

The only reason we see new FALs is that Imbel made receivers, and receivers are made domestically.  Either way, this trade depended on the free flow of parts kits.  I doubt that we will see any FNC kits in any quantity, and you'd never see vast quantities of kits like you did with the FAL.  I know that DSA makes about every part, but that's today, and they wouldn't even be around were it not for those STG 58 kits.

I doubt that anyone has any interest in a postban FNC anyway.  Part of the magic is that excellent folder!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Don´t know how many were made but my Jane´s IW of 1986-87 lists a Model 7030 from FN, identical to the FNC but it is semiauto only, for LE markets.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top