Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2001 8:25:59 AM EDT
id like to paint a few of my rifles, but i cant find any flat colors (other than black and white) at the local stores.

does anybody know where i can get flat paint in: OD green, Light Green, Tan, Brown, Dark Grey, and Light Grey?

i know some of the folks here use Bow-Flage, but that seems a bit pricey.  are there any reasons that bow flage would be superior to regular old spray paint?

any painting tips would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably the best I have used is Aervoe Pacific.  Their colors are probably the closest to actual military colors I have seen.  Kinda hard to find though.  You might be able to e-mail them and find out who stocks it your area.

[url]http://www.aervoe.com/shopping/subjectCategory_detail.asp?ID=15[/url]

The other kind that I have used is Hunter's Specialties.  I used this on a truck, and turned out decent.  Hunter's Specialties is who makes the removable Bow Camo.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/ak4/renegade/Cc8.JPG[/url]

I think the Aervoe Pacific is much better.  As soon as I get the new flatbed built on the truck I am going to try to find some Aervoe Pacific and repaint it.

Something to consider is the bow paint is removeable.  Regular spray paint is not.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure wherer you are in CA, Josh, but there's a big store in Gardena called [b]Major Surplus And Survival[/b]. They've got about 7 or 8 colors in spray cans, for about $3.00 each.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]
hmmm....

how exactly do you remove the Bow-Flage paint?  if it just flakes off, i definately wouldnt be interested.  i want something that will last for a long time under rigorous use.

i tried walmart for model paint, but all the testors spray paint was in shiny automobile colors. they did have an itty bitty set of tiny bottles for airplane models, but i didnt figure that would last too long, and i woulda had to buy the airbrush kit.

ill try the local art store and see if they have anything good.

i might be able to talk my brother into making a trip to one of the surplus stores around here, altrhough none of them are all that close...

by the way Treetop, where exactly is Gardena?  im in the bay area, but that doesnt sound familiar...
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#7]
My Walmart sells black, green and tan
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:21:04 AM EDT
[#9]
major surplus website
www.majorsurplusNsurvival.com
might be able to buy the paint online

treetop your gonna have to stop by that place one more time before you bug out
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
I sell it, but after Haz-mat and shipping to PRK you would be much better off buying it locally.

I agree that the A-P is the best, that is what I stock.
View Quote

Hey Garand Shooter,

Do me a favor and drop me a line.  I've got a question for you.

[email protected]

Thanks [:)]

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top