Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2002 1:43:28 PM EDT
While answering the SHTF topic I thought about how many of use are sitting on our asses all day giving people our thoughts.

How many wifes bitch and moan that we get off the PC and do some yard work?

I had $.02 for every $.02 i have given id have about about $.70 cents!!

[stick]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Another Saturday pinned to the keyboard.

Maybe I WILL do something productive, but damn it's good to connect with this community.  I've only been at this for 5 hours or so.  Give me a break!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've spent Thursday, Friday, Today, and will work tomorrow on a foundation for a 12x24 building. Actually, a shed, but with insulation, heat, light and an air conditioner, it goes beyond the shed category. I actually spent the afternoon yesterday at my wife's office, setting up a printer, and some other things for their new network. I will be working till about 9:00 MDT tonight on the foundation and then hope to finish tomorrow. The ground slopes where I am putting it so have to dig in on one side.

I'm one worn out, 49 year old guy!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Woke up at the crack of nine and went out to my shop; about the size of a good sized walkin closet, and worked on my latest wrought iron bed. All the welding was finished friday, so I grinded welds, sanded and wire brushed. One coat of primer each on headboard and footboard in the direct sunlight at about 92 degrees and it was ready for the semiflat final coat. Got through at about 15:00 and worked on my neighbors goat cage. His wife totaled the truck that I made it for while hauling a load of fire wood. Took me about 30 minutes to jack the tailgate straight and tack some wire back in place. I'm done for today. Too damned hot to do more though I have about 10 wrought iron jobs waiting. Tomorrow I'll start again.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished replacing the guts of the constantly-running downstairs toilet. No leaks, we're good to go, in more ways than one.

I also spent an hour or so cleaning up the garage.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, let's see. Today I installed a new dryer vent and cleaned the filter in the cold water hose for the washer. Yesterday I took my adult daughters to the range for a morning of target shooting; then tilled and weeded the garden.

I guess right now I'm setting here on my dead butt trying to decide which I should do - continue to set here on my dead butt, or get out to the range for an evening of relaxed .22 shooting.

I'll be democratic about this. You guys decide.

NMSight

**oh, yeah, I'm also trying to improve my spelling skills!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't even mention yardwork at this point.  Spent the last four days getting caught up around the home.  And that's after the yard crew did the usual weekly maintenance.  Tree limbs are pruned and hauled, garden is tended, weeds pulled, ant beds poisoned, flower and shrub beds are worked and cleaned and all that's left is to remove a Cherry Laurel that up and died for no good reason other than piss me off.

And it has been humid.  If it would just go ahead and rain to get some moisture out of the air.  Sweat like a hog.  Smell like one too.  

And Miz Arock is still in LA for a few days.  Gonna dig up another bach'in friend and get some Mexican chow for dinner.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I try to spend most of my time on the computer while I'm at work...  that way, I've more free time on weekends to go shooting and to fun shows[:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually got some stuff done around here today.
Fixed the gutters on the front porch,fixed the dryer vent,did some yard work.  Finished my "little corner" in the living room....Added to my desk and hung some cabinets for my "junk"

Now the race is on.  I'm done.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going back to some of my under the table work soon.  After that will file for another job that I already have the papers for, then file for unemployment agin............. I should wash my car but its raining.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, everyday this week after hanging drywall in 90 degree weather I've come home and worked on tiling my floor. Will spend the rest of the weekend doing it as well. When I get that done I'll have plenty of yard work (mowing, weedeating, weeding the garden) to catch up with. Yep, when not AT work, I'm working around the house.

But of course I take a break and duck in here every now and again just to see whats going on. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Slept in 'til 3:00 PM, had coffee, some food, took a nap between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM, three S's, may read a book on XML tonight or I may just play on ar15.com, not sure yet. Tomorrow a repeat of the same although I have to take out the trash.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I actually took this morning off.  I babysat a couple of my great-great-nephews, and we watched Nurse Betty.  It was a little inappropriate for them (they're 11 and 13), but their parents picked the movie so they can't blame me.  After work this evening, I chopped wood.  At my age, chopping wood is swing, pant for several minutes, repeat.  Got to prepare for the winter.  Sweat now so I don't freeze later.z
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#19]
WEll, I did go to the dump, got rid of the toxic stuff,  but had to bring back the aruminum cans - that part was closed for some reason.

So then after all that brack-baking work, I played poker with the neighbors kids for a while.

Now I'm here again, busting my ass on this keyboard.  Can you guys pay me something for all my wit and wisdom?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I actually took this morning off.  I babysat a couple of my great-great-nephews, and we watched Nurse Betty.  It was a little inappropriate for them (they're 11 and 13), but their parents picked the movie so they can't blame me.  After work this evening, I chopped wood.  At my age, chopping wood is swing, pant for several minutes, repeat.  Got to prepare for the winter.  Sweat now so I don't freeze later.z
View Quote

Hey, did you ever get your tank problem solved?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, did you ever get your tank problem solved?
View Quote

Thanks for remembering and asking.  I've got a temporary solution.  A neighbor had an old, rusting tank that they weren't using, but wanted to get rid of.  It was about half full of propane.  I'm using it now.  If I only cook with it, I think I've got enough gas to maybe make it (wild guess) 16 months.  The valve on it isn't welded in place, so I can replace it when the time comes.  I got a quote on the valve, and while expensive, it's much cheaper than buying a new tank.  I also found a friend that wanted a larger electric water heater.  I took the old one in exchange for installing the new one.  Not using propane to heat my water is how I think I'll get so much cooking use out of it.

To bring this back on topic, something I need to get done at home is to paint that rusty tank with some Rustoleum(sp?).z
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I went out of town today and met some fellow members for lunch [:)] GREAT FOLKS!

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I laser boresighted the two 700's I did the trigger jobs on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Off work at 7am, picked up 26 dozen worms, baited trotline, took a nap, cleaned AR, fed kids, back to river, ran line and rebaited, cussed Sturgeon, back home, bathed kids, got pissed at fellow employees at websight, came here.  Ahhhhhh....tension......leaving.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
....To bring this back on topic, something I need to get done at home is to paint that rusty tank with some Rustoleum(sp?).z
View Quote

Well, good luck with it all.  It's a relief to have a little breathing room.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Well its 2am now so yesterday.. woke up at noon.. went to gunshop got them to order me a HK USC came back home.. packed up the AR15 and my new USP compact .40 and shot 250 rounds of .223 and 100 rds. of .40 came back home took a nap woke up.. played SOF2.. checked ALL my forums (hkpro,ar15, 3 private forums, my gaming clans forum) read email, played more games, and now its 2am.. my folks are on vacation so they left the house to me.. i gotta watch out dogs and feed em and play/swim with em so i get off work till they come back (my dad owns his own business and i work for him) .. well time for more SOF2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top