Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 8:25:52 PM EDT
I have a craving for vinegar at all times it seems. Pickles, salt 'n vinegar/dill pickle flavored potato chips, pepper vinegar on greens/peas/beans/cabbage, those pickled red hot sausages, red/white/rice/malt vinegar when cooking, balsamic vinegar, etc. I'm starting to think it is some kind of deficiency, like the Ph of my body is out of wack and I am craving the acid. This has been going on for years but seems to have gotten more pronounced the last year or so.

I don't like sweets or sugar in anything, no interest whatsoever there. I just had a physical last year and I'm not diabetic or anything.

I think I might just love vinegar for it's bitter goodness. Anyone else have this condition ?    
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yuck!  Liquefied rotten plant matter.  Why in the world would you want that?z
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
No. But at least you aren't drinkin it straight out of a bottle
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No. But at least you aren't drinkin it straight out of a bottle

Well I have been known to sip on a small glass of pickle jar juice sometimes
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think I might just love vinegar for it's bitter goodness. Anyone else have this condition ?    

HEY!!!
no.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Fried Halibut+Malted vinegar=yum!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Going out on a limb here.....

You, my friend, have a big time yeast allergy.

Lots of allergy problems I would bet.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Malt vinegar on fish and chips

and salt and vinegar crisps
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know what's good?

An extra-dirty vodka martini. Yum.

How is that made?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I love vinegar too, just can't use it cause it's filtered with gelatin...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Sound pregnant to me.

You too Mrs G.!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Vinegar is great! I especially love balsamic, aged or reduced to a slight syrupy consistency. Mmmmm.. drink it straight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I prefer my vinegar itraveinously. I just stick that ol 10 guage needle in my arm, hook it up to a gallon of cider vinegar, and hang the bottle up next to me.

I used to do the same thing with bourbon when I was younger.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#15]
The Romans used to drink a vinagar elixer before going into battle or before arena fighting, they believed that it gave them god-like strength. I dont remember how it worked but many still belive that it has a yet unknown, very powerful effect on the body and can eliminate many illnesses.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going out on a limb here.....

You, my friend, have a big time yeast allergy.

Lots of allergy problems I would bet.

No allergies that I know of.

There was this one time about ten years ago my chin broke out in acne because the ex-wife had a yeast infection, does that count as a yeast allergy. No joke, I'm serious on that one.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have a craving for vinegar at all times it seems. Pickles, salt 'n vinegar/dill pickle flavored potato chips, pepper vinegar on greens/peas/beans/cabbage, those pickled red hot sausages, red/white/rice/malt vinegar when cooking, balsamic vinegar, etc.

DUDE! YOUR PREGNANT!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#19]
you should try some pickled pig's feet in vinegar

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Malt vinegar on Beer Battered fish is awesome.

I also like salt and vinegar pringles, mmmmmm.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Vinegar is great! I especially love balsamic, aged or reduced to a slight syrupy consistency. Mmmmm.. drink it straight.

+1

Drizzled on tomatoes...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I love vinegar. It's perhaps the most underrated condiment around. I put it on beans & rice, malt vinegar on fish, and throw a tablespoon or so in chili or spaghetti sauce (cuts the sweetness that somehow creeps into those dishes). If you add it to almost any gravy, it will add a note of exoticism. You can serve the most mundane gravy, and if you've given it a judicious shot of vinegar while simmering it, people will rave about it, demanding to know what you did to it. I don't use it all the time when cooking: I keep it as a sort of secret weapon.

But I don't crave it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#23]
"I think I might just love vinegar for it's bitter goodness."

+1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I used to get an occasional jones for malt vinegar and sea salt on steak fries. Not so much lately.

Hells yes! I thought I was the only weirdo who liked vinegar on my fries
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Drizzled on tomatoes...

With you on that, btw-

Is your screen name referring to 4 sons 2 daughters?  Just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I used to get an occasional jones for malt vinegar and sea salt on steak fries. Not so much lately.

Hells yes! I thought I was the only weirdo who liked vinegar on my fries

?????

What?  Just you and the whole United Kingdom?  They don't have ketchup for their chips (fries), it's all malt vinegar.

I'll pass...  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#28]
no I dont crave it alone, but I do crave Franks Hot Sauce which I believe has some in it?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Drizzled on tomatoes...

With you on that, btw-

Is your screen name referring to 4 sons 2 daughters?  Just wondering.

Yes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top