Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2004 12:48:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/1/2004 12:50:36 PM EST by BeetleBailey]

Calling all LEO's...

The wife got one just a minute ago, and is pissed. I guess I dropped the ball on this one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:51:07 PM EST
Maybe she dropped the ball.

In our house, everyone is responsible for their own vehicle.

But to answer your question, I have no idea. Probably depends on where you live.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:53:25 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:53:56 PM EST
It's a fix it ticket in my state. go to DMV, pay your registration, they sign the back of the ticket. take the ticket to court and pay a $10.00 processing fee. insurance company never finds out.

typically only "moving" violations go on your driving record.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:54:17 PM EST
I'm sure it goes on your PERMANENT RECORD.

"PERMANENT RECORD" is a registered trademark of the Association of Primary and Secondary Education Disciplinarians.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:55:22 PM EST
Generally, it would be listed on a driving record. But it shouldn't effect insurance or "points" because it isn't a moving violation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:34:34 PM EST

We're actually in the process of changing ownership from her mom. Perhaps I could present that to the judge and ask for mercy?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:36:55 PM EST
In WA it does not affect your insurance.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:38:30 PM EST
From what I understand, it's a moving violation, and is assigned points in Kali-fornia.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:54:25 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:28:11 AM EST
WRONG, guys - it DOES go on your record in most states, though if you go down to the DMV or court and pay the fee you can ask for them to wipe it or treat it as an Admin Withdrawal - if so, then it shouldn't affect insurance.

However, be aware that if switching insurance companies, there are some companies that won't take you or who will upcharge you for this.

Greywolf2112 - licensed insurance agent in 40 states.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:42:14 AM EST
Call the BMV or the court, they should know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:48:09 AM EST
Top Top