Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2001 8:03:51 PM EDT
Does Your Wife Know The Combo To The Safe?
If not why?
My wife does not. I think she just dont care.
I should write it down for her tho.(maybe not)
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
NO
My brothers do though,
If I die they have orders to Come and getem!
The oldlady just would probably just sellem to the first lucky smuck she found in the yellow pages
ROTFLMMFAO
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
NO
My brothers do though,
If I die they have orders to Come and getem!
The oldlady just would probably just sellem to the first lucky smuck she found in the yellow pages
ROTFLMMFAO
View Quote

Thats a no shitter,
are we married to the same woman, if so you can have my half
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Senerio:

Someone breaks into your house while you are away, home invasion type thing but your wife is there to bear the brunt of this disaster. They tell her to open the safe or she dies.

She does not have the combo so must she die to protect your firearms?

There are a lot of possible funny answers to this but what are your real priorities?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the empty one!
Just kidding.
 Of course she does, and how to use what's inside...
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried to show her but she forgets how to do it,,Still!
She has access to the shotgun and the Sig 229
Strategically placed about the house..
Shes still gun shy after being bitten by the slide of a S&W auto though,,
after what she told me about getting rid of her mothers boyfriends guns had after he died? "the guy was a avid reloader and had a nice collection " they practically gave everything away! didnt even know what they had!! just walked into the shop and said what will you give me for these!!!!OMFG! I sh%t a brick when they told me that!"" now Im pissed cuz I didnt get in on the deal!LOL!This was before we met..
So NO,,I wouldnt trust her to know what everything would be worth!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, but I can change it anytime.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Another scenerio:

You two have a big fight, and you storm out of the house and go get drunk.  You sober up and come back to find your safe empty.  She sold them all at the pawn shop and used the money to buy shoes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
EXACTLY!!!MY POINT!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell no my girlfriend, maybe later wife will know my combo.  Women are so unpredictable I would not trust her with 5k+ of firearms.  I will be keeping a loaded 12ga in the closet and my G27 in the nightstand.  Daz it.  The rest is locked away for my pleasure :)

JH
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I put her jewelry in there just so she would have to get in there everyday. The fireams she is most competent with are in front with loaded mags on a shelf next to them. I taught her how to shoot for a reason. That safe easily has 50K worth of firearms alone and I am NOT worried.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes. But she still cant get in.
Eric
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't have a safe.

I don't have a wife.

Does my Bushmaster count as a girlfriend??

Now I'm depressed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Besides?
If she had access to the safe ALL the time?? She would know when my collection got bigger?[+]:D]

Uhh honey?? Is this new??

no hon it was in the back of the safe the whole time!! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Another scenerio:

You two have a big fight, and you storm out of the house and go get drunk.  You sober up and come back to find your safe empty.  She sold them all at the pawn shop and used the money to buy shoes.
View Quote
[>Q]

Man I would hate for that to happen, but can see it happening to some friends of mine.

I tired to show my wife but she does not appear interested in knowing. (thank god)

I guess if one day she comes up and asks, "Hey, can you show me the combo?" I better start to worry. [:\]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:45:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, she got the combo.  "BUT" the safe room is lock and she didn't have the key. He! He! He!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 4:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]
S.O. - knows the combination, not worried about her pawning my toy's, figured that if she needs to get to a gun for some reason, then she should be able to.

Brother - has the combo and if anything happens to me, get them out and put them in his safe.

Kids (15&17) - don't have combo yet, but know what's in there and have explained the monetary value of the contents. Have also told them who is to get what after my passing, don't want this in writing (will), just leaves another paper trail for the JBT's
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:23:05 AM EDT
[#19]
My "safe"-guard against theft is my 150+lb English Mastiff!![;)]

I don't have a safe.  Don't really need one for protection from theft where I am though I would like to have one for fire protection.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#20]
If you don't trust your wifes, why did you marry them? I don't have a safe, but if I did she would definately have the combo. I made sure from the get go that she knew how to handle my Browning Hi-Power in case she ever needed to defend herself when I wasn't here.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Good point.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]
If my wife knew the combo she would know I have a lot more guns than I am letting on....

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Senerio:

Someone breaks into your house while you are away, home invasion type thing but your wife is there to bear the brunt of this disaster. They tell her to open the safe or she dies.

She does not have the combo so must she die to protect your firearms?

There are a lot of possible funny answers to this but what are your real priorities?
View Quote

A more likely scenario:  I get up to get a drink of water and drop a glass, shattering it on the hardwood floor in the kitchen.  Wife is startled awake, gets gun from safe, kills me.  

Or, I'm out of town, BG breaks in, wife gets gun but doesn't know how to use it because she won't take time to let me teach her even though I've been insisting.  BG shoots her because she's armed.

When she learns how to handle guns, she'll learn the combo.  Not before.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#24]
YES
If you can't trust her with things like this then you better look into another relationship. Complete trust is the key. (I still hide the credit cards in another location)
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#25]
I only give my combo to the UN peacekeepers and only in times of nuclear war:

Check this out !!

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26119[/url]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I trust my wife, but she doesn't want to know the combo.  She has her own gun in a heavy lock box.  I don't have the key to that.  Works for me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:55:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes she does, and she can shoot most of the stuff in there better than me.  As far as the scenario of her selling my guns, I'm not at all worried about that, she likes to shoot them too much!  She really is a great woman.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#28]
beekeeper1:

unfortunately, girls and math don't always fit together too nicely.  for whatever reasons.  =)

but this girl is very mathematically inclined!!!!  i know numbers very well.  particularly decimals:  5.56, .223, 7.62, .357, oh, and let's not forget .308!

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#30]
It's strictly Need To Know. She doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Of course she does. She has MS and is unable to remember much anyway. It used to be that I remembered the numbers but not the mode to open it. Then, I could tell her the numbers and she'd open it. I'm in and out of it so much anymore that it's easy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#34]
You bet she does.  I know that one thing is for sure, her running off to sell them all isn't a possibility...she likes them too much.

I pity the fool that comes to my house when I'm not home...he'll be dealing with the meaner of the two of us!

No unfortunately, she can't handle them like I can, and like all women, is suseptible to emotional roller-coasters, so I'd doubt that she'd be as effecient nor as efective as I would be in a fight, but lie down?  NOT HER!  I love my wife!  If would be a re-enactment of a Rambo movie or something with a rifle in each hand going out blazing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Security of information.

No
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Steadypull, you a man after my own heart.
Combo to my safe is entrusted to the executor of my estate - my brother. He will distribute the guns to my sons as orally instructed (no probate, tax, registration shit here) when they are legally old enough to possess them.
Don't get me wrong, I don't distrust my wife, but guns are a guy thing, with a few rare exceptions. My wife has only requested that I leave her the Dan Wesson .357 that she learned to shoot with, and she never expressed an interest beyond that. My executor has his instructions on that particular piece. Not that I'm planning to kick off anytime soon. Maybe I can get her interested in AR's....well, maybe...
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#37]
There is a dilemna letting your wife know the combo, because she will ask where did that one come from.
Mine does know the combo to both.

For insurance purposes, I keep a hard copy and computer copy of my arsenal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I've told my wife the combo to the main vault but it's just not one of those things she seems to be able to remember. I'm sure that it's just not that important to her. The original copy of the combination is kept in my safe deposit box should I for some reason be unable to tell it to her if she were to need it.

She does know the combo to the inwall handgun vault in our bedroom, however.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes. Kind of pointless if she didn't.
  This week that was driven home by the fact that some guy  called my agency and announced he was going to come to my house and shoot me.
Gotta get the wife out to the range more often too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#41]
DUH, HOW CAN SHE GET HER GUN!!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#42]
[b]She didn't until she walked in on me reading this thread![/b][:(!]  She really showed her ass to make me give her the numbers.  

She'll never find the spare key though. [8D]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Hell I dont even know the combination, I have it written down and well hidden, yes she does have access to the combination.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top