Posted: 12/8/2003 8:49:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
collective thinking
View Quote
is right.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
This is begging for an A-ROCK photoshop effort.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

School counselor Susan Guralnick says the shirt's message is the opposite of what she teaches in her anti-bullying classes.

"Even though we think they're kidding and it's just clothing, it goes into our thinking, our collective thinking. It's very unkind," she said.
View Quote

This is why, culturally, we're lost. Anti-bullying classes? Why not boxing? And more math. Idjits.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.tshirtsthatsuck.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

School counselor Susan Guralnick says the shirt's message is the opposite of what she teaches in her anti-bullying classes.

"Even though we think they're kidding and it's just clothing, it goes into our thinking, our collective thinking. It's very unkind," she said.
View Quote

This is why, culturally, we're lost. Anti-bullying classes? Why not boxing? And more math. Idjits.
View Quote

Agreed.  And these "anti-bullying" idiots are the same folks that let their 10 year old daughters run around with shirts that say stuff like "My boyfriend is out of town", or "Boy-toy", or the like.  I'd rather my daugher wear the rock throwing t-shirt.  Hell, sends a better message than "I'm a 10 year old slut, wanna fuck?"
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Reminds me of a shirt one of my ex's had, it said "where boys are made" and had a picture of a building with a "stupid factory" sign.  I bitched about it jokingly, but I didn't care, I thougt it was kinda funny.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a woman where I work that has this sign at her desk:

[img]ashley-o.diaryland.com/images/boyslie2.jpg[/img]

What's with all the misandry?

[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That t-shirt is extremely offensive to me. There should be a semicolon after "stupid," not a comma.

Grammar-stapo out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That t-shirt is extremely offensive to me. There should be a semicolon after "stupid," not a comma.

Grammar-stapo out.
View Quote

comma-splice
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:33:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, they are right that even joking about bad stuff does fiddle with your mind and isn't exactly good, but we have to remember:  [i]the government should not legislate morality.[/i]  (it doesn't matter if it's an executive or judicial decision versus an actual legislative bill ... it's still legislating morality)

It's the parents' jobs to keep kids from wearing clothes like these, not the governments' (be it school, city, county, state, or federal).
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Just change the text to "Girls are stupid..." and watch the immediate media outrage. "Sexist!" "Chauvanist!" they will scream. "Bad role model!!!!!"  "What are we teaching our chillllllldren?!!"

But, denigrate boys in any way, well that's not bad, it's just jokin' around.

I don't play favorites - I try to offend everyone equally.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#12]
i saw a t shirt once in a law enforcement store that had skull and cross bones and said death to drug dealers.i hope they do find it offensive.they didnt have my size or i would have 2.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#13]
The shirt is funny.  If someone has so little ability to wield free will and is influenced by a T-Shirt saying, then they should be locked up and forgotten about.

Then again, back when I was in grade school (the 80s), we were allowed to have our buck and pen knives in our pockets, could play tag and dodgeball and carry opaque backpacks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
comma-splice
View Quote
You're correct; the writer attempted a comma splice. However, in this instance it is improper. These two independent clauses are not separated by a coordinating conjunction (and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet), so should be separated by a semicolon. A comma splice, also know generally as a fused sentence or a run-on sentence, is generally improper, even on ridiculous novelty t-shirts.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:45:23 AM EDT
[#15]
The tshirt is a child's view of feminism.

MALE: ... represents a variant of or deviation from the category of female. 'The first males were mutants... the male sex represents a degeneration and deformity of the female.'
MAN: ... an obsolete life form... an ordinary creature who needs to be watched ... a contradictory baby-man ...
TESTOSTERONE POISONING: ... 'Until now it has been though that the level of testosterone in men is normal simply because they have it. But if you consider how abnormal their behavior is, then you are led to the hypothesis that almost all men are suffering from "testosterone poisoning."' -- from A Feminist Dictionary", ed. Kramarae and Treichler, Pandora Press, 1985

"Wrong message"?  A shirt introducing something into the collective thinking which wasn't already there? [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Make them Jews.  Then it'd be PC.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The shirt is funny.  If someone has so little ability to wield free will and is influenced by a T-Shirt saying, then they should be locked up and forgotten about.

Then again, back when I was in grade school (the 80s), we were allowed to have our buck and pen knives in our pockets, could play tag and dodgeball and carry opaque backpacks.
View Quote

But, substitute "girls, blacks, jews, gays, mexicans, liberals" or any other protected group on that shirt and the ACLU, ADL and every other group would be having a shit fit.
If it is OK to make fun of men (and I think it is) there can be no complaints when other, more sensitive, groups are being ridiculed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#18]
[IMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/532709/GIRLS_stupid_120803copy.jpg[/IMG]

hahaha
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Girls are stupid and should be beat with belts!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just change the text to "Girls are stupid..." and watch the immediate media outrage. "Sexist!" "Chauvanist!" they will scream. "Bad role model!!!!!"  "What are we teaching our chillllllldren?!!"

But, denigrate boys in any way, well that's not bad, it's just jokin' around.
View Quote

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

We have a WINNER!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#21]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/532709/arabsrocketss_stupid_120803copy.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#22]
These are for little kids, whats wrong with it? No one else remembers days of getting cooties and what not.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[url]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/532709/arabsrocketss_stupid_120803copy.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Talented!

TRG
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/532709/GIRLS_stupid_120803copy.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/532709/arabsrocketss_stupid_120803copy.jpg[/img]

[LOLabove][LOLabove][LOLabove][LOLabove][LOLabove]

BOTH of those are some seriously funny, funny shit, and frankly the type of people it would offend are folks I wouldn't give a popcorn fart about being offended anyhoo.

Some people take things way to damn serious.

Great Job.

SG
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There's a woman where I work that has this sign at her desk:

[url]ashley-o.diaryland.com/images/boyslie2.jpg[/url]

What's with all the misandry?

View Quote
Sexual Harrasment suit anyone [;D][;)]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I've always been partial to this one.

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/077906.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#27]
oooooooooooh my.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#28]
They may say...

Quoted:
TESTOSTERONE POISONING: ... 'Until now it has been though that the level of testosterone in men is normal simply because they have it. But if you consider how abnormal their behavior is, then you are led to the hypothesis that almost all men are suffering from "testosterone poisoning."' -- from A Feminist Dictionary", ed. Kramarae and Treichler, Pandora Press, 1985
View Quote

but I say:
TESTOSTERONE STARVATION: 'Until now it has been thought that the level of testonsterone in women is normal simply because they lack it.  But if you consider how abnormal their behaviour is [especially around the full moon time], then you are led to the hypothesis that all women are suffering from "testosterone starvation" - me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:53:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.tshirtsthatsuck.com/[/url]
View Quote

God damn those are some funny t-shirts.. where's my cc?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top