Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2001 12:35:12 PM EDT
I recieved a gift card for sears and haven't went in to look yet.  The closest one is 25 miles away.  They used to I thought, but I don't know anymore.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure they do, they have hot glue [b]guns[/b], some nice Craftsman nail[b]guns[/b] and the last time I was in there I saw an old CD of "[b]Guns[/b] N Roses". The list goes on and on!

Seriously, no they don't. Not one that I have ever been in anyways. I suggest you use your gift card on some new tools or maybe a football.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They used to.  Even had their own house brand of J.C. Higgins firearms (whoever he was).

Long gone, I’m afraid!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'll buy some tools there, but give them a verbal once over about not selling guns anymore.  That's piss poor.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I'll buy some tools there, but give them a verbal once over about not selling guns anymore.  That's piss poor.
View Quote

I seriously doubt the once over would do any good, since it's very unlikely anyone there have very little, if any control over what is sold in that or any other store. Your irritation would probably be better vented by a letter to the corporate office, not that they will likely care anyways.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They used to.  Even had their own house brand of J.C. Higgins firearms (whoever he was).

Long gone, I’m afraid!
View Quote
.....Actually I read something about that J.C.Higgens label years ago.It was the combination of 2 names that sounded good together.period.Sears is on its way out IMO.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my brothers 12 ga Sears shotgun, it is a JC Higgans. It also doesn't have any kind of a serial number.

[IMG]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/ak_boy/33_p211.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Sears has been dying the slow death since they decided to discontinue the catalog that made them famous.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I recieved a gift card for sears and haven't went in to look yet.  The closest one is 25 miles away.  They used to I thought, but I don't know anymore.
View Quote

Man you are really showing your age. Sears & "Sawbuck" hasn't sold guns in a bunch of years.  I have a JC Higgins Model 85 22LR pistol manufactured by D'armes Des Pyrenees of France that belong to my dad.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Not any more.  However, my Dad still hunts with an L.C. Smith that my great, great, (great?) grandfather bought from Sears in 1916.  Excelent shotgun.  He bought it for $13.95 (found the price in a catalog reprint)  If it were still mint, would be worth multiple thousands...  Instead, it's been well used by a number of generations, and we couldn't be happier.  It is, afterall, a tool.  Tools should be used.

/rl
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Have not been to Sears in 5 years due to poor customer service.  Everytime I go there, I dress like an everyday smuck and get treated like a POS there.  The last time I went there was to purchase 2 Kenmore Elite Washers and 2 Dryers with a total of around $3,000.  Sat on top of the damm things waiting for about 45 minutes (I am not going to go run and beg for service), afterwards pretty much creating havoc with the appliances until someone from, I believe the gardening dept went to help me.  Purchased it from him and left my merry ways.  Appliances salesmen were talked to a pretty young chick (saleswomen) about 30 feet in front of me.

I'm getting all my tools from Snap-On and appliances from Conns now no matter the price.

Sears [-!-]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]
they have roll pin punches (?) the things that would help in assembling a lower..unfortunately i just found that out today and not when i needed them.  oh well, it all turned out ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top