Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/24/2002 10:07:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2002 10:09:41 AM EDT by ECS]
I seem to recall that dimwit Governor Glendenning imposed a moritorium on carrying out death penalties in Md? Edited because I can't spell...
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:11:59 AM EDT
Yes there is. At the insistance of Kathleen Kennedy-Townsand. She lobbied him on behalf of black activists two years ago while a "study" of whether there was discrimination against blacks in issuing the death penalty. The study was supposed to be completed in September of this year, but nothing has been released to date.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:34:45 AM EDT
I doesn't matter. Send 'em to VA. We'll be happy to handle it. [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:08:11 AM EDT
Yes. Ahhh....the sweet irony of this whole thing. First, that liberal moron Guv puts the moratorium in place a few months ago to appease the black constituent base of the Democratic Party in MD in an election year, who are pissed that most of the dead men walking in MD are black. Then...two BLACK men are arrested and charged with capital murder in MD. Hmmmmmm...I wonder: Just HOW is the Guv going to answer that one? Well, don't worry...these guys are headed for a comfy gurney and a large dose of happy juice, maybe by the Feds...but I can damn well guarantee you folks satisfaction here in Virginia. We haven't lost our minds here in Virginia like they have in MD and elected liberals to fuck up our society. We have a death penalty on our state, our juries award it often in capital cases and our prisoners are executed on a regular basis. Out appeals process doesn't take decades either. The Feds have a death penalty too and I don't care who pulls the switch, but I'd kind of like it to be us...since MD probably won't do it. I can't wait to see how Guv Perris Glendenning of MD handles this...it should be interesting. [;D]
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 3:00:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FatMan: I doesn't matter. Send 'em to VA. We'll be happy to handle it.
View Quote
Ditto. Maryland may not know how to handle these situations, but we do! [:D][:D][:D]
Top Top