Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/25/2003 10:19:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:50:01 AM EDT
Divorse is the single biggest robber of wealth. Depriving couples of 50% of their worth and robbing children of their inheritance. Marraige is a bad thing if you expect to be wealthy some day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:16:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AR15fan: Divorse is the single biggest robber of wealth. Depriving couples of 50% of their worth and robbing children of their inheritance. Marraige is a bad thing if you expect to be wealthy some day.
View Quote
I didn't get married so I could later get a divorce.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:35:57 AM EDT
My personal feelings is as follows....Marriage between a man and woman is good if just listed in the family Bible. If a L I C E N S E is obtained from the STATE giving you PERMISSION to marry someone....BAD! You then have the STATE in YOUR business! The wise CHOICE is yours......[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:13:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By deadeye47: My personal feelings is as follows....Marriage between a man and woman is good if just listed in the family Bible. If a L I C E N S E is obtained from the STATE giving you PERMISSION to marry someone....BAD! You then have the STATE in YOUR business! The wise CHOICE is yours......[rolleyes]
View Quote
I'm an advocate of marriage as defined in the Bible. I've been married to my bride almost 16 years and it just keeps getting better. I definitely got better than I deserved! Along the lines of what you said, there are times when the .gov has little credibility in regulating relationships. I know a guy here whose uncle spent a year in jail (back in the 40s) for marrying a non-white (the girl he married was American Indian). However, our system of laws does lend some stability and continuity to our society. We are engaged in an on-going culture war over what our society will look like and what its values will be. The militant homosexual activists get an inordinate amount of attention relative to their size because of how shrilly they scream "Homophobic!" in this politically correct atmosphere. The squeaky wheel has been heard. What we have been seeing is a relatively small group of people forcing their will and their values on everyone else; a tyranny of the minority over the majority.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:55:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
Originally Posted By deadeye47: My personal feelings is as follows....Marriage between a man and woman is good if just listed in the family Bible. If a L I C E N S E is obtained from the STATE giving you PERMISSION to marry someone....BAD! You then have the STATE in YOUR business! The wise CHOICE is yours......[rolleyes]
View Quote
I'm an advocate of marriage as defined in the Bible. I've been married to my bride almost 16 years and it just keeps getting better. I definitely got better than I deserved! Along the lines of what you said, there are times when the .gov has little credibility in regulating relationships. I know a guy here whose uncle spent a year in jail (back in the 40s) for marrying a non-white (the girl he married was American Indian). However, our system of laws does lend some stability and continuity to our society. We are engaged in an on-going culture war over what our society will look like and what its values will be. The militant homosexual activists get an inordinate amount of attention relative to their size because of how shrilly they scream "Homophobic!" in this politically correct atmosphere. The squeaky wheel has been heard. What we have been seeing is a relatively small group of people forcing their will and their values on everyone else; a tyranny of the minority over the majority.
View Quote
Ditto! Left leaning liberals want to re-engineer our society to appease 2% of the population. I've been happily married for 11yrs, two kids. The judicial system is so screwed up. Anytime a court "achieved a moral standing" it is an activist court. Anytime a court orders the Legislature to write law, such is the case of the Massachusetts court, it is attempting to legislate from the bench. They have gone beyond annuling legislative or executive acts which the judges declare to be unconstitutional. The actions of the Massachusetts court is outrageous! Shok
Top Top