Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 8:37:47 PM EDT
Does CS gas cause an asthma attack?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]

I know a lot of it (in an enclosed space) can cause death, but I'm not sure about asthma.  

My guess is it probably could, since it irritates airways, but it may differ from person to person.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean in people with pre-existing asthma? Absolutely.  In people with no history? Maybe.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It made snot flow from my nose like Niagra Falls.  I was foaming at the mouth like a dog..

Idiot next to me was too fucked up to say his last four so I had to suffer longer than normal.  Turns out it induced an asthma attack in said idiot.  He survived.  So did I....   Twice..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The stuff doesnt bother me much.  Makes my eyes slightly water, and a small burning in my nose, but thats about it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The stuff doesnt bother me much.  Makes my eyes slightly water, and a small burning in my nose, but thats about it.

same here. Ive sucked so much CS ive been desensitized
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
if a person doesn't have asthma, it does not cause an attack.  it causes asthma-like symptoms though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top