Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 7:08:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not been in a mall in almost 10 years.

Avoid them like the plague...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]Ditto[/b] on your mall sentiments.

Bummer about the fattys at the Victoria Secret store, it's so nice to find a sweetie who'll model that teddie for ya...., [banana]

Mike
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
GREAT Write up!

I agree 100%.  Can't stand the place anymore.

Another note - how do sheeple walk so #@$#$ SLOW??? It's like they are moving backwards.

I'd tip over walking that damned slow.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm officially old, the music you kids listen to really, really sucks. ALL of it. I hate your rock, rap, metal and country. It all sucks, that isn't real music and I hope you permanantly damage your hearing as a result of listening to that crap, that would make me happy. Leave me alone I have my 'cool music' that my parents thought was noise.

View Quote

why do you think downloading is so popular? [:P]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Avoid them like the plague...
View Quote

Me too, that is the first place the zombies go.

They walked the malls when they were alive, its one of the few things they remember, so they head back to familiar surroundings.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I still enjoy shopping at malls, they have some
good deals this time of year, I also like to stop at the book stores like Barnes & Nobles and relax with a book. The crowds dont bother me Im use to it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm officially old, the music you kids listen to really, really sucks. ALL of it. I hate your rock, rap, metal and country. It all sucks, that isn't real music and I hope you permanantly damage your hearing as a result of listening to that crap, that would make me happy. Leave me alone I have my 'cool music' that my parents thought was noise.

View Quote

why do you think downloading is so popular? [:P]
View Quote

Yeah,  If I can't get it on the net-I don't need it!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd rather get my scrotum waxed than shop for cards.
View Quote

God DAMN that is funny.  I'm laughing so fucking hard I can barely breath.

(It's true too).

I finally figured it out.  SA is channeling Dave Barry (or vice-versa).

Your stuff reads like a uninhibited version of Dave’s.  It must be something about living in Florida.

Your stories and insights never fail to hit the mark.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...On a related note, when did slutty become acceptable for 12 year olds? I don't mean brittany spears, I mean slutty. I was waiting to see a 12 year old with nipple rings after a certain point. What the hell is wrong with parents? I'm sure the 12 year old boys like it but not sure what the hell they'd do about it, do you just throw 2 rocks instead of one if she is really slutty looking?...
View Quote

Watch your six, buddy - I made a comment similar to that here a while back & got accused of being a dirty old man...  [;)]

Ditto on the mall-hating, BTW...

This time of year, if it can't be bought [i]in absentia[/i] (Internet, phone, office lackey [:D]), it doesn't get bought!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I print my own cards off the computer.

Not necessarily cheaper, but custom made
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Hate malls.... only go when I have to. In and out!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate the mall.  I hate crowds.  I hate Christmas hype.

However, while all of the sheeple are at the malls, I hope that they stay there and continue to spend themselves into oblivion.  My mutual funds are lovin' it. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You lasted 3hrs?  Damn!  
View Quote
That's what I was wondering about; I can't go more than 30 minutes before the constant "Baaaaa baaaaa"ing of the sheep finally drive me away.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#16]
3 hours? Thats it?

Hell I have to spend 8 hours a day in one of these cesspools. Name anything about a mall that pisses ya off and I can pretty much say "yup, seen it". When I was younger I always wondered how older guys could get so wound up over the younger girls......now that I am older I understand. To bad a bunch of em would say Im old enough to be their dad. Nowadays I have to check out the hot mommies lest I be considered a perv.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree, I always get the "your a jerk for not going to the mall" look.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Does Anyone Else HATE The Shopping Mall...?  
View Quote

Big time![wave]  The crowds, the noise, the goofy freaking people and not to mention the traffic getting there.  Sucks!

I hate malls
I hate people
I hate traffic
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Agree 100%.  I had to go to the mall recently and remembered VERY quickly why I hadn't been there in over a year.

What's up with all the stupid people just walking into you?!?!

You're walking w/GF and they are looking the other way and you have nowhere to go and they bump you and look at you like you did something wrong.

Where did all these stupid people come from?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Might have to hit Hooters for lunch.

Maybe some wings and hot chicks who pretend to be interested will cheer me up.

Who saw that South Park? [:D]
View Quote

raisens!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I go there once a month to get my hair cut. The same girl has been cutting my hair for almost fifteen years. I go in, get my hair cut, go to Sears next door and do a lap around the tool dept, then get the hell out of Dodge. I worked at the mall for several years. I'd rather slit my wrists than do it again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#22]
This thread is begging for mall ninja pics.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#24]
After my motorcycle accident, while I was in PT walking with a cane, wifey decides we need something - at the mall...

Right then I determined that I [b]will[/b] be a mean old crotchety senior citizen.

People would stop, right in front of you, or in a 'traffic' lane for no apparent reason.

Now, I'm out there to excersize the repaired knee and have a head of steam up - I'm trucking along at a nice pace ('cause if I don't, I'm going to strain the muscles and it's goin' to hurt like a b***h before I get home).

Because of these idiots, I have to slam on the brakes

I swear, I wanted to take that cane and knock 'em upside the head while at the same time ask "DO YOU DRIVE LIKE THAT?!"

Don't need the cane anymore, but when I'm old(er), I'll need it again probably, and I'll be able to get away with it, so lookout if I'm in your mall you young'uns...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#25]
SA, 3 hours! I'd be a candidate for the funny farm. Have you ever noticed that 90% of the mall shops have "merchandise" with absolutely no real use or function? (Notable exceptions to this are Victorias Secret and Sears).

Mall rule #1: get in, get whatever the hell it is that required a visit to this hellish place to begin with, get out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#26]
I hate going to the malls ebcause the same stupid sheeple walking aimlessly through the mall are also driving aimlessly through the parking lot trying to get a better space.  I am usually in the mall and shopping by the time those idiots park.  One trick that worked well for me a couple of years ago was to put on my boots and a bulky leather jacket and project the 'sphere of hate' - like you'll kill and eat anybody that gets close to you.  No one got within 3 feet of me that day.  Bing, bang, boom - all my shopping done in less than 2 hours.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I am an outdoors kind of gunlover but I like the mall, especially a large mall, if it is not too crowded.  It is a good place to hike--warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.  At some malls I'll take along stuff to read--printouts from AR15.COM--and get a good coffee or snack and read.  The Mall of America is especially good for this.

I did most of my Christmas shopping at an outlet mall last week.  It took about an hour and 10 minutes to get my gifts.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#28]
You think you guys hate the mall.  I work off duty at a mall. I did enjoy going to the mall until I started working here.  The only thing I like about the mall is the HOT women that come during the summer time.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Overpriced stuff. The one reason I will not go there unless i need something specifically.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I love the malls, especially this time of year. I like to people watch. I met my last girlfriend at the food court.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I loathe the shopping mall, especially because I work at one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hate malls.... only go when I have to. In and out!
View Quote

I might as well be humming the "Mission Impossible" theme whenever I go to the mall (not often)....park the car, walk directly to the store in question, pay for the merchandise & then GTFO of Dodge.  The thought of actually spending any length of time in the mall hanging out & 'shopping' makes my skin crawl.  Punk kids, Barney Fife mallninja goobers, slow assed old people & that cheesy muzak.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#33]
You were exposed to 892 disease vectors for the common cold, 400 disease vectors for the new influenza, 99 disease vectors for West Nile Virus, and 80 disease vectors for SARS, and one disease vector for ebola.  You will start showing symptoms tomorrow morning, and you have 10-14 days to live.
Have a Merry Christmas! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I was at walmart today, (I avoid the malls by atleast 3 miles in any direction) I thought with the music and stuff it must be what hell is like.  I was tempted in the crowd to start scratching my head spinning and screaming about the brain critters.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I hate malls
I hate people
I hate traffic
View Quote

Ditto in full... especially #2.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#36]
This time of year there is not enough money in the world to make me go to the mall. Maybe because I work in retail and know what people are like this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And god I hate the mall now.

Actually I hate getting in the car for anything that isn't right over there. I hate traffic, I hate trying to find a place to park.

Then I get to the mall. Chock full of vacant, vapid people ...

... And the always dependable little shit throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the store screaming at the top of his lungs while his mother stands there waiting for "time out" to work. If ONLY it were somehow legal for me to smack either one of them.

Where did all the old people come from and did someone actually pay them to walk in front of me and make a 1/2 errand take 2 hours?

... the music you kids listen to really, really sucks. ALL of it. I hate your rock, rap, metal and country. It all sucks, that isn't real music and I hope you permanantly damage your hearing as a result of listening to that crap, that would make me happy. Leave me alone I have my 'cool music' that my parents thought was noise.

The girls were still hot. And while it was really nice "at first" it quickly got depressing. One, I'm married. Two, I'm older now. Actually the girls really looked interesting, in some cases a lot hotter and in greater quantity than any I remember in my 'hunting days.' But all this did was make me feel like the "old guy in the club" trying to hook up and we used to laugh at that guy. The more I noticed the girls the more depressed I got.

On a related note, when did slutty become acceptable for 12 year olds? I don't mean brittany spears, I mean slutty. I was waiting to see a 12 year old with nipple rings after a certain point. What the hell is wrong with parents? I'm sure the 12 year old boys like it but not sure what the hell they'd do about it, do you just throw 2 rocks instead of one if she is really slutty looking?

... Note to VS: "Stop hiring fat women and old ladies" it does not help sell lingerie.
View Quote

Amen Brother.  That pretty well sums it up.

Conference meeting at a hotel last week that was ATTACHED to a mall.  Had to venture into it with the wife at least once.  

Let's not forget the autopilot idiot turtles that can't see where they're going.  When I have a destination set, I want to BE THERE.  

Wake up people and get the Hell outa' the way.  AAARRGGHHH!!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]
the mall is NOT designed for men.

i go ONCE a year, and thats it, if im lucky i go ONCE every OTHER Year.

its even worse when you dont know what to buy and have to walk around looking at all kinds of shit. not too bad if you know what you want and go in and get it and get the F out.

the only benefit to going is seeing the hot stuck up women that think you are dirt.

going to the mall makes you realize why SUICIDE is very high this time of year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#40]
no. i love the mall and i also enjoy goin to waikiki, lots and lots of fine looking women!

i love women
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#41]
No, I hate the retards that shop there!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#42]
How about the dirt mall? interesting people, earthy aromas.......
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#43]
I predate malls.
Going downtown to shop was a tradition, now a dead one.
I got out of all that this year by giving everyone the same gift...same size, same color...in an envelope.
I didn't need any wrapping paper or tape and no waiting in line.
I think I'll have less complaints too.
I must have the spirit 'cause I'm just as broke!

[:(]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:04:16 AM EDT
[#44]
its he!! geting old
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:28:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I like to buy from Malls because you can see up
close exactly what you are buying, especially
clothing, I need to try it on before I'll buy it, shoes vary so much thats why I dont mail order shoes very often, plus it's much easier to return something at the mall than by mail order. If you dont like crowds just go after the holidays to avoid the crowds.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top