Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/30/2016 5:59:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/30/2016 6:01:38 PM EST by Eric_Mayer]
I would like to start collecting, but have no idea who the shady folks are, what to look for, and pricing. I want to slowly purchase items that I will enjoy, in different genres (Noir, Western, Mystery), and will replace some reprints I currently have on order. Ideas on the type I should focus on (more art based, or focus on main characters) would be great to hear as well.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Eric
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:04:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/30/2016 6:05:07 PM EST by HELOBRAVO]
Don't know if they qualify as vintage, but in the early 80's I made regular rounds of video stores and theaters getting their old posters.
I've got a couple of suit cases full of everything from full size (Scarface on my office wall) to video store promotional posters of all sizes.
I have a full size Close Encounters poster out to get framed at this time. Some of the stuff I have is probably worth some $$.
Of course, this post was no help to OP!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:22:28 PM EST
It was helpful. Helpful in reminding me that I should have started my search back in Los Angeles where I used to live, not while I'm here in Idaho!

I used to get music posters like that, even getting some from the guys who would post them around town. I wish I thought of this back in the 70's when I was a kid!

Eric
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:28:28 PM EST
I used to collect movie poster back when I was in my 20's (30 years ago). There was a local shop that sold movie poster for about $10-$20 each back then. I still have a lot of them. I also found some mail order companies that sold movie posters and lobby cards. I found them through ads in magazines like "American Cinematographer." I have a bunch of old Bruce Lee movie posters as well as a few old monster movie posters. Check out the cinematographer and movie magazines for ads. Happy Hunting.
Top Top