Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 11:13:49 AM EDT
If dupe called, I did a search for thread titles with:doctor, sex, cure and treatment.

reuters.excite.com//article/20051004/2005-10-04T140907Z_01_DIT450890_RTRIDST_0_ODD-DOCTOR-SEX-DC.html

SEATTLE (Reuters) - An Oregon woman whose doctor convinced her that he could cure her lower back pain by having sex with her is suing him and his medical clinic for $4 million, according to legal documents obtained on Monday.

The doctor, Randall Smith, who was 50 at the time, was stripped of his license and sent to jail for 60 days last year for charging the state's Oregon Health Plan $5,000 for his 45-minute "treatments" involving the woman.

"Dr. Smith's medical treatment included intercourse in which he told plaintiff was needed to help alleviate plaintiff's lower back and lower extremity pain," the former patient said in the lawsuit.

The lawsuit, which charges battery, negligence and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, was filed on Friday in Multnomah County court.

"We never comment on lawsuits," said a spokesman for the Adventist Medical Group clinic in Gresham, Oregon where Smith worked. Smith could not be located for comment.

Though he pleaded guilty to submitting false health care claims, a felony, Smith maintained the sex with the 47-year-old woman was consensual.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
She is going to be a rich woman when this is all done.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

But if she's as stupid as the article makes her appear, she'll lose it all to some guy in Nigeria about a month later.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But if she's as stupid as the article makes her appear, she'll lose it all to some guy in Nigeria about a month later.

If only I could be that guy in Nigeria.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is funny (and unfortunetly very true - that woman is as dumb as a stack of bricks).
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is funny (and unfortunetly very true - that woman is as dumb as a stack of bricks).

Ya have to just hope she was hot enough for it to be worth it . . . cause this will screw up the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
45 minutes huh? at 50 years old? Hell that's a goal in life.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]

That doctor must be one smooth operator.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I think she let him do it just so she could sue him. However there are some truely stupid women out there (as there are men too). There was a guy giving free gynological (spelling?) exams out of a rented storage thing and women went to him for them. The police feared there were more women that fell victim to mr free gyno exam, but were too embarassed to come forward.

The stupidity of some people is amazing sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
wow what a dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
wow what a dumb bitch.

Not dumb, just horny - and embarassed now that too many people found out about it, so sshe sued and pleaded ignorance.

I could be wrong - but that's my take on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're right there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#12]
The real question is this. Did the treatment work?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#13]
There how does that feel?

Gee Doctor that does make me feel better!

She probably was trying to hook him for marriage so she can get half, but he was too smart for that, so this is just revenge.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wow what a dumb bitch.

Not dumb, just horny - and embarassed now that too many people found out about it, so sshe sued and pleaded ignorance.

I could be wrong - but that's my take on it.

+1

They were probably spliting the insurance $$ for her "treatment".  She got greedy and wanted more than 50%, but the doc refused because he was the one doing all the work.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I cannot fathom how anyone could be so gullible as to fall for a line like that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I cannot fathom how anyone could be so gullible as to fall for a line like that.

This type of thing used to be common.

Google female Hysteria treatment.  The common treatment was "pelvic massage" usually with a vibrator.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, did it work?  How is her back pain now?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Heh    she's a perceptive sort, eh ?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
is she hot?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Google female Hysteria treatment.  The common treatment was "pelvic massage" usually with a vibrator.  

Its good
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
is she hot?

Yeah, that's the important part. Hot + stupid, the best patient to have.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#22]
There has to be more to the story. I know there are stupid people in the world, but I have never met someone THIS stupid. The doctor is even DUMBER than she is.

If she really is that stupid, they should award her the money, but it should be given to a trust in her name to provide managed care for her, because she is obviously too stupid to handle life by herself. She should be constantly supervised and not allowed to eat soup without wearing a lifejacket so she doesn't drown.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Those massagers you used to see at barbershops and the like were invented to help speed things along, as before those who treated "hysteria" had to do everything manually.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#24]
You mean it doesn't work!

Fuck, I'm calling my doctor right now...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You mean it doesn't work!

Fuck, I'm calling my doctor right now...

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I think she let him do it just so she could sue him.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top