Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:25:16 PM EDT
Figured this would get more traffic than in the fitness forum - and a more even spread of answers.

Do you have a workout program that you follow (say regularly work out 3 times a week or more)?

Do you have to force yourself to do it or do you look forward to it?

If you miss a day or two due to illness or scheduling, do you feel bad / start to miss it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been trying to start a running program but there's been a persistent cold streak for the last week and a half that makes it hard to do.  So I just stick to the weights and calesthenics part, every other day.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, although I do play hockey 2-3 times a week.  Does that count?

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Everyday to the gym.
Run every other day.
doc is a lean, mean fighting machine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Does sex count?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
of the people that lift:

do you use supplements? what kinds? how often?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I run 4 - 5 times a week

push ups, sit ups 4 -5 times a week

long brisk walks, hiking

try to eat a healthy diet
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, a lot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
of the people that lift:

Nah.
I don't see the point.
I just lift for strength, not for looks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a good idea.  I think I will try it, my kids have been trying to get me to be more physically active for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
of the people that lift:

Nah.
I don't see the point.

i thought the same way, but since i am lifting 4-5 times a week i went on whey protein and creatine. since i went on it, i noticed that my muscles aren't nearly as sore as they usually are. dont know how long i will stay on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
of the people that lift:

Nah.
I don't see the point.

i thought the same way, but since i am lifting 4-5 times a week i went on whey protein and creatine. since i went on it, i noticed that my muscles aren't nearly as sore as they usually are. dont know how long i will stay on it.

Then I think i might look into it.
No harm to switch things up a bit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm basically a crash-test dummy. I started playing Lacrosse (goal) again after 29 years out of it. 2 hour practice on Thursday and 1-2 games on Sunday. Most of the black/blue has faded by Thursday. I'm going to get back to lifting and running more than once a week, too.   Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Lift 3x a week and cardio 2x more. I skip the weekends now.
Sup's Lots of Whey Protien
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]
5 days a week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#15]
5-6 days a week,

sometimes I have to force myself, but usually once I start I dno't want to stop.  If I miss a couple days I feel like hell, but the good news is, the better shape I keep myself in, the less I get sick
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:04:56 AM EDT
[#16]
5 days a week, twice a day.
Cardio in the morning, all 5 days.
Lift in the evening 3 days (4 when I am in my heavy cycle...right now, I am in my light cycle.)
Tae Kwon Do the other 2 evenings.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:07:08 AM EDT
[#17]
What does Whey protein do for you? Is it a powder or pill?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Figured this would get more traffic than in the fitness forum - and a more even spread of answers.

Do you have a workout program that you follow (say regularly work out 3 times a week or more)?

Do you have to force yourself to do it or do you look forward to it?

If you miss a day or two due to illness or scheduling, do you feel bad / start to miss it?

The core of my program is a whole-body strenth training routine I do 3 days per week.  It's not hardocre but it's also not easy.  I'm very pleased with the results I'm seeing.

I also do cardio on a Schwinn Airdyne 3 days per week.  Minimum 5 miles (18-20 minutes at my pace).

I stick to mostly healthy foods, eat when I am truly hungry (not bored or dehydrated), and rarely eat until I feel full.

I've dropped 22 lbs since Thanksgiving using this approach and I'm down 40 pounds total from this time last year.  

I don't necessarily look forward to working out but I also don't have to force myself because I LOVE how I feel afterwards.  If I miss a day or two I don't sweat it.  It would take a LOT more than 1-2 missed days to harm the progress I've made.

Life is good and getting better!  

January 2005 weight:   378 lbs
Thanksgiving 2005 weight:  360 lbs
January 25, 2006 weight:  338 lbs

and I'm just getting started!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#19]
That's a pretty darn good accomplishment so far, corwin.  keep it up!

Yes, I PT 4 days a week, includes 3-5 miles running, pushups, abs, and lift 2x a week.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I was doing really well for a while, then started slacking off. I really need to get my ass in gear again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Walk, run or bicycle to work depending on the season. It is a pain in the winter with occasional single digits but is frequently the only time I can spare. I do some work on the treadmill and weight machine but it is more sporatic due to my schedule. I have to go to work so I make that my work out time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top